How many movies do you own?

Darth Wazawai

Just a few, I only really buy what I know I'll continue to watch multiple times after purchasing - otherwise I view it as a waste of money. Music on the other hand I have over 700+ albums worth of that; it's all on my other laptop so I can't give an exact number.

nz3d07.jpg

download movies or disc moves from the store

then i would say 1000 :lol: (downloaded) i have 10TB space :ph34r:

Lol legally owned movies digital or disc/tape. I have 19tb plus random drives. Not all hooked up tho I would love that :-D plus 370gb in ssd XD

I got few and then 3 series. But today i never buy movies or series, i just watch them online or i download them.

Yea I used to watch series online but I now find it too much hassle, legal or not... most illegal sources get their files removed within hours sometimes and torrent quality has dropped. Legal sites have bloat issues and crappy playback players, regional restrictions despite being able to watch it via cable here... so I just stopped watching, plus I don't have the time mess with it... I also used to watch freshly released anime in Japan (should start again, tho love to know why macros frontier, I own plus on DVD, unopened worth some $40, person who gave it to me claims they paid 90 tho or 45)...

Just a few, I only really buy what I know I'll continue to watch multiple times after purchasing - otherwise I view it as a waste of money. Music on the other hand I have over 700+ albums worth of that; it's all on my other laptop so I can't give an exact number.

I used to think like that till a movie I wanted to watch was not able to be found online at all... (the orig hot wheels movie) at said time I could not buy online and spent 5 hours trying to find it and 3 months 24/7 just to get it... I uploaded it onto YouTube for those who wanted to see it and the first 2 parts surpass 1.5 million views... about a year ago I bought the movie used on eBay.

Now I buy movies I know I'll like for either current or future viewing. Plus with ultraviolet it provides future proofing tho I doubt dvds and Blu-ray will disappear any time soon... and yea back in the day I used to buy CD's but being in Canada I have a nice little law :P expensive esp when used for Linux but cheaper than buying them multiple times...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_copying_levy

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I used to think like that till a movie I wanted to watch was not able to be found online at all... (the orig hot wheels movie) at said time I could not buy online and spent 5 hours trying to find it and 3 months 24/7 just to get it... I uploaded it onto YouTube for those who wanted to see it and the first 2 parts surpass 1.5 million views... about a year ago I bought the movie used on eBay.

Now I buy movies I know I'll like for either current or future viewing. Plus with ultraviolet it provides future proofing tho I doubt dvds and Blu-ray will disappear any time soon... and yea back in the day I used to buy CD's but being in Canada I have a nice little law :P expensive esp when used for Linux but cheaper than buying them multiple times...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_copying_levy

Aye but the difference is, I only buy them for the reason I mentioned and when I know they're being sold. Otherwise I can get them through other means, sometimes before they're even on disc;  The Hobbit: The battle of the five armies being an example. 

nz3d07.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived