Connect to server in non-collisions areas only

7 hours ago, The Awesome Delftian (NL) said:

Who says it switches it off as soon as they move? If it switches off once you are located in a NCZ or (idle in a safe bay as you suggested) there is no problem with ghost mode.

I don't think it is a good idea to base it on time, but rather on location. If it is a very busy road (Duisburg-Calais) it is just a ticking bomb until you are switched off ghost mode and you will collide with at least one truck. Pulling into the grass won't help because if pull off the road you will be kicked by admins.

Who is talking about teleport? With my suggestion players will be connected in offline mode (or in ghost mode as suggested), until players arrive in a NCZ. This does NOT mean they will be teleported in any way! The players have to drive to a NCZ themselves, and fuel stops etc could be NCZ as well to prevent players from leaving the highway and entering the city.

Good, but sadly not everyone has the time (or brains) to do so, and so they will still connect in the middle of the road, causing crashes with players who cannot do anything about it, and don't expect it at all. 

It's of the time, it's all subject to server numbers, sometimes you can get into the server and almost instantly be connected, other times, if an take up to 20 minutes to join, at current, the only way to legitly be sure you're not going to spawn on the road is to go via single player and move their which takes time and patience to do, especially if you get DCed or have to reload for reasons out of your control. 

Also, if you you're saying you won't get connection to the server unless in a NCZ then it's a big fat nope because, what if your game crashes in the middle of a trip and the nearest NCZ might be a 15/20 minutes away from your location amd so traveling there just to join the server will take far too long.

As for spawning at the side of the C-D road, as long as you don't just spawn and then sit there for 10 minutes, you'll be okay, I'd rather someone spawn on the grass and merge in than spawn on the roadway.

10 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Also, if you you're saying you won't get connection to the server unless in a NCZ then it's a big fat nope because, what if your game crashes in the middle of a trip and the nearest NCZ might be a 15/20 minutes away from your location amd so traveling there just to join the server will take far too long.

If places like fuel stops etc are NCZ there is no way you have to travel for 15/20 mins to connect.

10 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

I'd rather someone spawn on the grass and merge in than spawn on the roadway.

I'd rather someone spawn at a decent place (like a fuel stop, parking place) so there is a good and continuous flow at the road. This is possible, but people connecting at this road totally ruin the flow. 

13 hours ago, The Awesome Delftian (NL) said:

If places like fuel stops etc are NCZ there is no way you have to travel for 15/20 mins to connect.

I'd rather someone spawn at a decent place (like a fuel stop, parking place) so there is a good and continuous flow at the road. This is possible, but people connecting at this road totally ruin the flow. 

Fuel stations won't be NCZ because of their tile structure and the fact that merging traffic on back road stations would be super deadly, especially when people seem to think using mirrors is an optional extra to driving a big truck. At the end of the day, it's up to the admins, if they feel making all several hundred fuel stations etc all NCZ just for this to work is fair, then fair enough. 

Well thats subject to opinion, I'd rather not clog up fuel stations, especially busy ones like the ones on the C-D road with even more traffic and poor driving skill, at least when someone pulls out onto the road from the grass you can see them and brake if need be. 

Besides, NCZs are not the answer,  either is auto ban systems, auto kick system and road conventions, NVZs will always bring the issue of having multiple people In the same spot at the same time, and if you e ever driven to the services in Rotterdam or Amsterdam at peak times, then you'll know how much of a mess this can be, NCZs work when there is an enclosed space with light to medium traffic, such as companies, where there's a lot of space for those inside to wait patiently to get back out, but when you turn something lime a fuel station into a NCZ where you can have a large volume of traffic entering and exiting as well as cross traffic where you're merging back into traffic, I've lost count how many times I've almost hit someone who pulled across the road to get in queue. 

At at least when someone spawns off the roadway they can stay still for a bit, fuel stations you can't because it's an active traffic zone. If you sanction it so you can't join unless all your wheels are off the roadway, you have to be stationary before you are connected, you must wait 10 seconds for traffic to load in before moving, failure to do so can result in a ban at admins discretion, if you pull out when it is unsafe to do so and cause an accident, you will be banned for a minimum of 14 days for reckless driving, unsafe pullout and causing an RTA. Those are just some ground rules, but if I had to pick between parking close to where I got disconnected and following the rules, spawning on the roadway or being teleported to the nearest fuel station or city, I'd pick the first option, mostly because very little is needed to do it and the fact that you spawn close to where you got Disconnected so you don't lose chunks of time either getting out of a NCZ or a city, that's a plus, especially when you're pressed for time and can't be asked to faff around with moving yourself in singleplayer to then restart mp to be able for o continue.

See, I feel like there used to be some "Ghost Mode" where your truck would flash and flash for 10 seconds... Guess it was a beta and was removed because of bugs.

Wish they wouldn't have removed it.

I don't think there is any way the team can implement anything to put a truck in a different position where collisions are not present unless they altered the game immensely.

This would mean them going into the coding, and changing where the locations are when you get the "Game change detected!" notifications telling you that your truck has been parked to a different location.

They would also have to make the game change happen each and every single time.

I don't see that happening in the future, but perhaps the "Ghost mode" could make an immense comeback in the near coming future...

Yep, the spawn issue has been a problem by far and TMP rules currently make it a only-kickable offense which is sad ):

I recently made a report on someone who did it not once, but twice or maybe even more just to troll people.. and admin told me it was a kickable offense ):

Many are abusing this kick-only as it acts as a ramming tool to wreck other players hence why I feel it should be turned into a bannable offense.

My stand is still clear, either a bannable offense or 10-20secs of ghost mode upon spawning (just in case you or the other person spawning is lagging).

You may also use the search feature because I've replied to many said posts before too. Search things like "spawning" / "ghost mode" / "NCZ".

here are some examples:

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, slushbro said:

So if I crash while driving in a convoy or get kicked I cannot drive simply back to the convoy and drive with them.

It should be overthinked.

Well, it is annoying for other truckers if an entire convoy pulls over at a random road to wait for a trucker that got disconnected for whatever reason (crash etc). If the fuel stations and/or parking lots are non-collision zones as well, the entire convoy can regroup at the fuel station/parking lot, and wait there for disconnected truckers that can reconnect at the same place the other truckers wait. It's just an idea, there was a lot of overthinking in this thread already ;)

• 4 weeks later...

However, if a server was to have an update or crash. Whenever everyone reconnects the high population areas would have the non collision zones rammed with impatient drivers who won't stop for anyone to leave that area. If only people had common sense and things like this would never be an issue :(

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

+1 I think that the general concept of the idea: avoid collision with players that recently connect/reconnect by connecting only in NCZ or (like someone wrote up there) exiting ghost mode when the truck doesn't touch another one it's a nice suggestion just because it's very annoying the fact that you can loose a lot of money and XP because a nice player that doesn't pull over to a side when he quits the game or disconnects by accident.

Hello @Pakjesboot12,

This is now resolved because of Ghost mode being implemented into our servers. Allowing for users to be Ghosted for a period of time after connecting.

So I will mark your suggestion as accepted.

Please feel free to create more suggestions in the future.

// Accepted.

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Current Advisor of

TruckersMP.com

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

• 3 months later...