Police car: Video VS Reality

A Simple Cheeseburger

So remember when this video was released:

It had the police cars chase down the trucks and eventually lead to an awesome crash? 
 Well I have never seen a cop car chase down anyone in game or anything like that, and before I go further lets get the obvious thing out of the way, yes I understand that there is no point in chasing down people you want to kick or ban, it just wouldn't work, especially if the player that is getting pulled over doesn't know what's going on, and yes I understand that in peak hours why waste time chasing someone that could lead to a dangerous crash with another player when you can just teleport somewhere and deal with people like that. But just once in my time playing. Just once, I would love for an admin to come up behind me and have an epic chase breakout! That would be cool :)

So what would you guys do if a cop (admin) came up behind you to pull you over, would you STOP  or RUN?

There's simply no need for admins to try and stop trucks with their police cars. If the player broke a rule, he would just receive an instant kick or ban, if not, the admins have way better and more important stuff to deal with than driving around, stopping random trucks for no reason whatsoever. The video above is just like every other advertisement around: It's trying to sell stuff at a way more spectacular, interesting level, than it actually is. Welcome to the mean, tricky world of advertising... ;)

I have to say in fact i am glad that the scenes in the video aren't reality, as we already have more than enough trolls on the MP servers, just imagine what would happen if all of a sudden admins would start chasing and ramming people of the roads as well. If you want that, there's actually a way to solve your problem instantly: Play Need for Speed. And answering your hypothetical question: Of course i would stop if an admin tried to stop me with his police car, but since it's never gonna happen i highly doubt i will ever get the chance to test that... ^^

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Id stop and pull over tbh :lol: know what you mean though it would be awesome to see happen while on the server etc,i love the police cars you get the same adrenaline when ones behind you as you get in real life even when your following the rules of the server.

I pulled out of Rotterdam lastnite heading to c+d and an admin  followed me down the long straight I pulled into the slowlane and let him pass I gave him a honk and he flashed his blues haha quality :D

I do it a lot, though only with people I know want to participate in the procedure.

An Admin will never chase you as it prompts reckless driving, which can lead to a ban in certain situations.

I sometimes enjoy using my sirens and lights, and 9/10 times people will pull to the side if the road. My hopes is that it breaks up their usual drive and adds a little extra to their experience.

But back on topic, an Admin will never do anything to encourage the breaking of rules.

38 minutes ago, Glanshon said:

I do it a lot, though only with people I know want to participate in the procedure.

An Admin will never chase you as it prompts reckless driving, which can lead to a ban in certain situations.

I sometimes enjoy using my sirens and lights, and 9/10 times people will pull to the side if the road. My hopes is that it breaks up their usual drive and adds a little extra to their experience.

But back on topic, an Admin will never do anything to encourage the breaking of rules.

Oh my god yes please, that'd be so cool but unfortunately there's so many idiots on the road that admins have close to zero time to actually play and interact with drivers!

spacer.png

Hello @A Simple Cheeseburger w/ Fries,

as @Glanshon mentioned above, those admins do not use this "object" in order to act like a law enforcement agency, they are rather using it to represent the difference between normal players and admins of the game, having special privileges.

However, I am almost entirely certain that it is quite fun to run Code 3 but it requires some serious driving skills.

Additionally, I have recently read an old thread which explains this police car topic very well:

The most important part is quoted down below:

Spoiler

"Hi TruckersMP!

I'm here to discuss the amount of people asking about the police car.
Firstly, The police is and will always be Admin only, That is just the way the cookie crumbles.

Secondly, The police car has nothing special about it, apart from a siren that is very quiet, there is nothing special.
You can't block roads with it, you can't have your tag set as POLICE or any government agency.

It's pretty much just a appearance object for admins, we can't do anything special with it, and no, we don't pull people over

(unless its as a joke and the user is willing, we don't do it if the user isn't wanting to, aka, if they don't pull over we don't ram them)
and that is pretty much it, it's useless if you don't have the admin title with it.

Hope this answered your questions, if you have more, don't hesitate to contact me." [@krazymudkip, 8/12/16, Grammar and orthography follow the original]

Kind regards ;)

The trailer was fully shot on a closed test server and fully staged for it to be a nice reveil trailer for the community.

Although it was fun to write the script, shoot and edit, none of the things done in there can't be done on any live server i.e. roadblock, pursuit,... since this is against the rules.

Personally this is my favorite project done within the media team.

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

• 2 weeks later...

The roadblock crash was best.

For the thread: of course it would be cool to see admin chasing some kind of rulebreaker, but what's the point? He'll get ban or kick. But, chasing for some minor rule breaking, such as taking over where you can't, would be awesome to see, however - impossible.

Helped ya? Why not giving me a reputation point? Thanks!

Earth is hexagon.

GTA SA > GTA V

• 3 weeks later...

Archived