Custom Truck Skins

Roadrunner  UK

Suggestion Name: Custom Truck skins
Suggestion Description:The ability for users to be able to create skins that they have made for use in multiplayer. But here is where it becomes different from a mod - users can create their skins in-game from service stations using a wide variety of shapes and letters, to create any skin they want, maybe even skins that exist in real life (one shown below). I'm not sure if this is more of an ETS2 suggestion as a game or just an MP suggestion but seeming as there's no place to suggest ideas to SCS (at least as far as I can tell) I'll suggest it here.

Any example imageshttps://gyazo.com/1d6e40d5b969fd48549a8faa681b5ae7 (this is simply just a paint mod that I found on an ETS2 mod website (mod by SilvaTrucker) but it shows the possibilities)

Why should it be added?: It would give everyone the chance to have their very own unique paintjob that they have designed themselves, without making it too complicated to create

Edited by Roadrunner UK
Typo :P

scania_banner.jpg

If you were to have your own skin in TruckersMP I believe the skin would need to be uploaded to the sever and downloaded by all players. This will cause a massive file to download oddly enough because every player would want to have their own skin in the game. 

But hey, I agree with you out own skins in MP would be nice. Would allow the VTC's to customize their fleet more. 

If you'd want the ability to make the skin in-game, I'd say thats more of a SCS suggestion then a TruckersMP one. Don't think the MP team would have the ability to put a game feature like that into place.

I do think it would be cool to have a feature like this though, for customization sake and being unique.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

@Roadrunner UK if you're talking about a skin/company/paint editor to create your own designs based off of letters and shapes, much like you get in Forza and need for speed when adding decals, then that's something to bring up with scs. 

It it would require it being added to the base game before it could be utilised in multiplayer as this level of changes would be way out of bounds of the uela which would put everyone playing mp at risk. 

I do like the idea, it would bring a lot more personalisation to the game, but it's something mp cannot implement on their own, it would have to come from scs. 

Also, mp would then have to code in a system to stop and ban people who write either offensive language, swear words, disrespectful comments, racist comments or any other thing that would see you banned if it was put as your name, tag or said in chat, otherwise you could have people with seriously offensive slogans written on their trucks as they drive by. 

Good Morning from Australia!

Unfortunately from reading, this seams like a feature that would require TruckersMP to modify the game itself. If this was the case, then this idea would Not be able to be implemented by TruckersMP as it would be a violation of the terms from SCS.
I would recommend suggesting this to SCS via their website contact page, or their Facebook page.
Thank you :) 

MP Productions - Matt

YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/2a4kQeM (Subscribe to support more content being uploaded)

Website: http://mattsphotos.com.au (My personal website, built by myself)

PlaysTV: http://plays.tv/u/mpproductions

How about a idea say,

have so many drivers in the company you own, then in the forum or the truckermp website they got to sign up to you company so then when you hit about 20 members you can then have 1 skin,

thought that could what do you guys think about that, just like the companies section on the forum were you need so many post etc.

thanks for reading

CEO Of Cordant Connect Transport

I think there should be more ways of verifying a custom truck skin rather than just size because then any company of reasonable size can just go and get a company skin. 

Some other methods could be: 

How often their drivers are online 

How long the company has been established

If any member has x amount of bans on their profile...

But otherwise it would be a nice thing that MP could implement

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, InstantAvant said:

I bet it's gonna get rejected.

Thanks for the positivity! ;)

Yeah guys I wasn't sure whether this should be suggested here or elsewhere but I couldn't think of anywhere else to suggest it. I'll consider contacting SCS regarding this suggestion :)

Edited by Roadrunner UK
Adding on a few words

scania_banner.jpg

12 hours ago, JAMO_95 said:

How about a idea say,

have so many drivers in the company you own, then in the forum or the truckermp website they got to sign up to you company so then when you hit about 20 members you can then have 1 skin,

thought that could what do you guys think about that, just like the companies section on the forum were you need so many post etc.

thanks for reading

The problem is, unless every single person on the server has that skin file in their game, they will either be crashed out of the game by errors or will just see a brightly coloured truck drive by, the only people who will see the skin is whoever has that file installed. 

This is is sort of a thing as is now in mp where certain VTCs have their own custom skins that do work in multiplayer, but they have the age old issue of only them being able to see the skins because it's not a part of the base game or mp files.. 

23 hours ago, Lorenah7 said:

The idea is good, But I do not know how good or bad what can become. ^_^

Precisely, it's a toss up between what will come from having a custom editor in terms of good or bad, if it's anything along the lines of forza levels of detail that could be added, then there would have to be strict rules and regulations to what can or cannot be written or placed on a truck, but on the flip side, it does give a level of personal amd custom feel to the vehicle you are driving, instead of a clinical paint job that is the best you can come up with using the tools at hand, with this, the sky really could be the limit for how much detail you could add to your trucks. 

So so in all honesty, I agree with your statement, let's just hope SCS could see the reasoning behind the whole idea.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

The problem is, unless every single person on the server has that skin file in their game, they will either be crashed out of the game by errors or will just see a brightly coloured truck drive by, the only people who will see the skin is whoever has that file installed. 

This is is sort of a thing as is now in mp where certain VTCs have their own custom skins that do work in multiplayer, but they have the age old issue of only them being able to see the skins because it's not a part of the base game or mp files.. 

Precisely, it's a toss up between what will come from having a custom editor in terms of good or bad, if it's anything along the lines of forza levels of detail that could be added, then there would have to be strict rules and regulations to what can or cannot be written or placed on a truck, but on the flip side, it does give a level of personal amd custom feel to the vehicle you are driving, instead of a clinical paint job that is the best you can come up with using the tools at hand, with this, the sky really could be the limit for how much detail you could add to your trucks. 

So so in all honesty, I agree with your statement, let's just hope SCS could see the reasoning behind the whole idea.

My suggestion is that no files need to be downloaded or transferred because the skins would all be made in game using shapes already downloaded in the game

scania_banner.jpg

1 hour ago, Roadrunner UK said:

My suggestion is that no files need to be downloaded or transferred because the skins would all be made in game using shapes already downloaded in the game

But that would require EVERYONE to have the shapes etc in their game vanilla files, which MULTIPLAYER CANNOT do, it's something SCS would have to put it in place, reguardless of whether it's base for all or separate download, it will not work correctly unless SCS add it themselves, that's the best gauruntee that glitches and errors will not appear. 

Also, if it has to be available all, think how big the download for multiplayer will be and if updates are taken into consideration, it's close to impossible. 

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

But that would require EVERYONE to have the shapes etc in their game vanilla files, which MULTIPLAYER CANNOT do, it's something SCS would have to put it in place, reguardless of whether it's base for all or separate download, it will not work correctly unless SCS add it themselves, that's the best gauruntee that glitches and errors will not appear. 

Also, if it has to be available all, think how big the download for multiplayer will be and if updates are taken into consideration, it's close to impossible. 

Yeah, you raise some valid points there, which is why I chose to contact SCS and I'm waiting for a response :)

scania_banner.jpg

1 hour ago, Roadrunner UK said:

Yeah, you raise some valid points there, which is why I chose to contact SCS and I'm waiting for a response :)

It just makes more sense to ask SCS to hard code this sort of thing to the base game instead of making a headache for the mp team to try and figure out without modifying the base game files and breaking the UELA.. 

if SCS put this in, I'd back it being in mp 110%, that's a fact

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.