Do a driving test before downloading the mod

Mossarelli

A driving license isn't the same as truck license. I wonder who's going to teach everyone Driver CPC and ensure that everyone does 35 hours training every 5 years or who'll check if the person involved has had a clean driving license for 2 years before even being allowed to start the process of getting a license to drive a truck.

Honestly if you want this, just learn to drive a bloody truck in real life.

nz3d07.jpg

When the devs incorporate server-side profiles it would be interesting, help newer players (like myself, kinda) learn the European road rules and basic truck control (parking, stopping distance, turning etc.) and as a refresher for older players or people who come back from a break but nothing over the top maybe just a short 100-200km delivery followed by a dedicated instructor who helps you learn, more a lesson than a test.

Kalido.jpg

Maybe a quick and easy driving test. If they don't pass it they should be redirected to the FreeRoam Server where they would have to travel a few km's, then they should be able to re-do the test.

The quiz should contain basic stuff about driving,like in which lane to stay if you want to turn right/left or go forward. In which lane to drive if you are slower and how to proceed when you overtake/ARE being overtaken by someone.  Also a short explanation about roundabouts and about right way in intersections.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 from me a little addon admentment to your idea ,

After  a profile has  completed their training they get a license tagged onto your profile  so if you do need to restart a new profile you already have the tag there to show you do not need to redo the test . 

If you get banned or kicked x number of times within x time frame  you  get you're  License suspended for x ammount of time which means you cannot enter mp until that time is up + redo training .

The amount of people +1'ing this is unbelievable. It's a f--king game. On top of that it's stated in the pop up after you sign into your profile on ETS2 that it's not a substitute for a driving test and isn't suitable to be used as one. This is basically the equivalent of sending everyone who plays FPS games to join the military. Just because it's slightly similar doesn't mean it's exactly the same because it sure as hell isn't.

nz3d07.jpg

It's simple.

Admins make a test of questions based on information that can be found on these forums, like the rules, tips and guides etc

In an old roleplay community from years gone, they had some tests to join factions, you'd be asked "X" number of random questions based on the rules/history of the group, which was information all freely available. This demonstrated to recruiters the applicator had some basic knowledge of what he/she was trying to get into.

So, how about if you're so adamant in wanting this implemented** we make some 5 random questions from a pool of... 15, when a person logs in on the site and clicks "Download mod" you're presented with a small questionaire, answering these correctly would give you access to the download.

It would just demonstrate a basic knowledge from the user of the rules or whatever information you chose to use, of ETS2MP. 

**I'd just like to say I'm not on one side or the other on this subject, if it gets added, I can deal with that, no worries, if not.. again.. no worries. I was just throwing in my 2 cents on the subject

a driver license is not a garant to be not an troll or a rammer!

i don't see so much driver who needs such a test. if i look at rammers or trollers profiles, most of them have more than 400h in ets2. so what does it use?

it would make the MP disattractive for many people and this isn't so good.

so for me -1.

and i don't want to do it too. it is enough if someday the new profiles come and everybody have to start new...again like 50 times now over the years for the "same" games!

I was literally just about to say this but I thought I'd read one more comment and it read my mind.

Most (Not all but most) of the reasons for crashes, bans etc... is nothing to do with peoples knowledge of driving, even most 5 year olds would probably understand a speed limit. Crashes mostly have nothing to do with driving ability, its Ignorance of laws and intentionally trolling. If absolutely everyone would follow rules precisely, then yes this would work, but if bans in the chat don't stop people trolling, educating people on not trolling won't help either. It will just cause more problems for everyone. 

• Upvote 1

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

First want a driving lesson do get a real license.

Second as pointed out "this is a game"

Third To implement this is a huge waste of resources for devs to make a "in game version", First where would it be? Cant be in a "Map Mod", than you get into the issues of what if other trucks are  around or if the trucks taking the lesson are ncz and other truckers dont know that.

Forth out of game version you can cheat on... End of story, when i got my drivers license i was 75% asleep. You dont need a brain to pass a paper :P

Way too many issues with this idea tho i like it its impossible to implement without a ton of wasted hours that could be used for better things, like synced trains :P

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I've been watching this topic over email. I've read your responses but I haven't really bothered to answer. So here's a summary to all the replies:

Since I put the form up, 192 people have gladly answered the questions, even though it's just a test form showing the principle.

I will post the correct answers to the questions since I find it amazing that almost 200 people answered the form.

GsDxUG9.jpg

More than a third of all the questions were wrongly answered. So 192 people have an average rate of wrong answers of 38.2%. Can you imagine how their answers would look like if we had 20 questions?

One thing that bamboozles me is peoples' lack of an upvote, downvote feature as used on Reddit. I could have put a poll in the first post instead so that your votes are accurately portrayed, otherwise it just looks silly.

To the opposers:

I'm not going to pull a strawman and say that the people that oppose the idea are the ones that answered incorrectly on the questions, but watching your posts and how you complain saying it's a game and not reality is surely an opinion split among the users. I'm not questioning your driving skills nor your traffic law knowledge, I simply want to remove people from the game that is potentially going to destroy the game for the rest. I've had accidents in the game due to the width of the roads and the insensitivity of the Xbox controller. I apologize to the people involved and let them know that it was not my intention. If I could wire them money in game to compensate for loss, I would.

I've wasted enough time in the military simulator Arma, first the second game and then the third. I actively scripted and designed missions and mods for the community I was part of. We had a 4 stage bootcamp for basic, radio protocol, chain of command, drama handlers, strict gear restrictions and vehicle policy. We worked on making the most realistic, tactical and life like unit in the game, but always fell short of one thing: The human element.

Dave: You link a video to 506th Infantry Regiment doing an Fire Team Exercise. In the first 30 seconds, the people have already failed to space themselves out. Uses 3rd person camera (It's just a game). Putting unqualified personnel in vehicle gun stations. At 2:10, guy fails to cover his designated sector. And directly after continue to bunk up too close to team mates. I don't have to watch the video further to know that they are indeed playing a game. I see the same thing in 15th MEU's videos where Captains and Lieutenants are constantly putting themselves in stupid danger when they should be controlling the situation and commanding their unit. Instead they take part in active firefights and gets rubbed in the face by bullets so that they have to get revived by medics. You see a huge difference between people that actively served as reservists, officers and combat infantry; what difference do you think I see between people that served and kids with braces?

If an officer or NCO in my unit saw a guy do anything I see in this video they would get yelled at. "COVER YOUR SECTOR, DON'T LOOK AT ME!", "KEEP DISTANCE OR I WILL THROW A FRAG AT YOUR FEET!", "GET OUT OF THE GUNNER SEAT, PRIVATE!".

It's ok, you guys want to play a game, but some people want to play a simulation or a role play element. In the end, it's ultimately the developers that decide what level they want to go at. Is it easier for them to add the form test to the webpage before you download the game installer, or is it easier to have instructors teach people how to drive a truck or ask them the questions to confirm they know?

In the end, it's all about immersion. Internet hugbox websites call ETS2: Comfy simulator. They couldn't even dream of multiplayer in the game until the devs made it. Everyone said it was impossible due to SCS's coding. I know enough scripting to understand that they've done a great job and this project is huge. You think making a little trainer with pointers for memory is hard? How about making a multiplayer mod for a game that doesn't even have a proper SDK.

It's more than a game. It's a feeling. Too bad you guys don't see it as that.

Correct answers now added to the first post.
Edited by Mossarelli

May have been a good idea when it was first released, not when it has been otherwise you would have to get 5k + People to filll it out to rule out the 'unskilled drivers' etc. -1 from me

Regards,

Crimson

Owner / Boss of Crimson Transport Limited

Regards,

Crimson

Owner of Viper Gaming Community

Interested in joining? Go to the following link to apply: http://www.vipergamingcommunity.com

Mate. I've read your entire post, so don't worry. But I think what I said has just gone over your head. It is a damn game. The fact you're seeing it as more than just that I'm struggling to understand, it's f--king virtual A.K.A not real. If this thing is unfortunately added to the game and you pass it all with no mistakes why don't you pop down to your local MOT center, show them and tell them you have the licenses to drive HGVs, oh wait.. it's not actually real

You can sit here all day and pick apart everyone's opinion that is against this all you want, but I can tell you this now even if a game is stated to be a simulator there are always going to be people that won't play it it's intended way; prime example being you taking the video I linked whenever I did apart for flaws. Of course there's people that are going to do things wrong in ARMA there are some people that play it who have actually served but there's a hell of a lot more people that haven't even handled a rifle than those that have and that video clearly proves that statement. 

Those of you who want this ask yourselves this;

Why didn't SCS implement this before they even released the game from day one? They could have easily added it to the game, but they didn't. If you don't know the answer to this then anyone trying to explain why this shouldn't be and isn't part of the game will go over your head.

nz3d07.jpg

I have read your whole post as well... Well except the part to Dave.

First This is only a game. You want it to be more than so be it.

I understand the whole human element of this game being able to play idle chat have fun with other users. However with bazaar rules stating you can not idle on the side of the road (properly) for more than a few minutes(or never with the right admin on) to chat with your friends (like how some truckers do, or anyone for that matter), this game is not a social network, this game is a generic linear story line game. Go from Point A to Point B Make Money The end. No social networking needed. Yes its nice to drive beside a truck you know has a heart beat in it but how some of these drivers drive... I'll take a computer, at least i can laugh at it saying stupid computer you F'ed up... On MP the only thing i can say is: "OMFG im the same species as this F'ed up moron?!?!?!" End of story.

Also if they implement this and require everyone to do it, If or when i get unbanned I'd never return end of story. Why? play Sierra Driver's Education '98 and you will know why... Not the free roam (damn that was hilarious) but the actual tests. eventually you'll run into a bug that will never let you finish... That will be MP, plus as stated where is this little testing facility be located? It cant be a custom map and it cant be a dlc. There is no open plot of drivable roads closed to normal traffic of MP in the orig map.

If you want to play a game with a tutorial before starting to play the game might i suggest Runescape? Thats bloody annoying that one is, it could be seen as a equivalent to MP's. If you want to play a game with a fun tutorial play Drift City. Drift City allows you to idle at the side of the road (if a mod catches you blocking for no reason you get kicked like here, reason for blocking is a event thing), they have a far bigger community than MP in terms of communication. The players dont just idle in game and chat they also talk on the forums.

End: MP is for those who want to Truck with other Truck enthusiasts hoping not to get trolled on(real life truckers worry out cars mostly, in mp they worry about those with out loads mostly). What you propose would actually kill that, simply because players will be "Ugh, i have to do this? Back to Block Ops, I guess..."

after rereading your first post it seems you are hell bent on doing a "paper" format. So I'm going to quote my self below:

Forth out of game version you can cheat on... End of story, when i got my drivers license i was 75% asleep. You dont need a brain to pass a paper :P

You make a "paper" version people can google the answer and add "country" at the end. You could put a time limiter on it but than you be discriminating against those who have a slow logical brain when it comes to questions (not necessarily fast needed events like for driving). You could impose a dont leave game option, but what if it crashes?

Plus what if you fail 2 times, you get auto banned? denied use of mp doing nothing wrong before you could because you didnt know the "laws" to the T?

As stated by me... (again)

Way too many issues with this idea tho i like it its impossible to implement without a ton of wasted hours that could be used for better things, like synced trains :P

SUS0M9O.gif

Mate. I've read your entire post, so don't worry. But I think what I said has just gone over your head. It is a damn game. The fact you're seeing it as more than just that I'm struggling to understand, it's f--king virtual A.K.A not real. If this thing is unfortunately added to the game and you pass it all with no mistakes why don't you pop down to your local MOT center, show them and tell them you have the licenses to drive HGVs, oh wait.. it's not actually real

You can sit here all day and pick apart everyone's opinion that is against this all you want, but I can tell you this now even if a game is stated to be a simulator there are always going to be people that won't play it it's intended way; prime example being you taking the video I linked whenever I did apart for flaws. Of course there's people that are going to do things wrong in ARMA there are some people that play it who have actually served but there's a hell of a lot more people that haven't even handled a rifle than those that have and that video clearly proves that statement. 

Those of you who want this ask yourselves this;

Why didn't SCS implement this before they even released the game from day one? They could have easily added it to the game, but they didn't. If you don't know the answer to this then anyone trying to explain why this shouldn't be and isn't part of the game will go over your head.

You seem to believe that SCS has anything to do with the multiplayer adaptation that we enjoy as a mod. SCS develops the ETS2 game and its DLCs. This forum's owners develop the multiplayer mod.

Have you tested DSC world and tried booting up an A-10? 350 page manual on how to properly fly the thing and 2 hour of fast paced tutorials in the game.

Asking some people to do a small 10 minute test for a multiplayer mod that is independent from the Single player game (Because they can play the game how much they want, they bought it, it's theirs) just to improve the quality of the game a little bit would surely not do much harm. There were more complaints and whining when using the Steam log in on the forum than people doing the test form.

I have read your whole post as well... Well except the part to Dave.

First This is only a game. You want it to be more than so be it.

I understand the whole human element of this game being able to play idle chat have fun with other users. However with bazaar rules stating you can not idle on the side of the road (properly) for more than a few minutes(or never with the right admin on) to chat with your friends (like how some truckers do, or anyone for that matter), this game is not a social network, this game is a generic linear story line game. Go from Point A to Point B Make Money The end. No social networking needed. Yes its nice to drive beside a truck you know has a heart beat in it but how some of these drivers drive... I'll take a computer, at least i can laugh at it saying stupid computer you F'ed up... On MP the only thing i can say is: "OMFG im the same species as this F'ed up moron?!?!?!" End of story.

Also if they implement this and require everyone to do it, If or when i get unbanned I'd never return end of story. Why? play Sierra Driver's Education '98 and you will know why... Not the free roam (damn that was hilarious) but the actual tests. eventually you'll run into a bug that will never let you finish... That will be MP, plus as stated where is this little testing facility be located? It cant be a custom map and it cant be a dlc. There is no open plot of drivable roads closed to normal traffic of MP in the orig map.

If you want to play a game with a tutorial before starting to play the game might i suggest Runescape? Thats bloody annoying that one is, it could be seen as a equivalent to MP's. If you want to play a game with a fun tutorial play Drift City. Drift City allows you to idle at the side of the road (if a mod catches you blocking for no reason you get kicked like here, reason for blocking is a event thing), they have a far bigger community than MP in terms of communication. The players dont just idle in game and chat they also talk on the forums.

End: MP is for those who want to Truck with other Truck enthusiasts hoping not to get trolled on(real life truckers worry out cars mostly, in mp they worry about those with out loads mostly). What you propose would actually kill that, simply because players will be "Ugh, i have to do this? Back to Block Ops, I guess..."

after rereading your first post it seems you are hell bent on doing a "paper" format. So I'm going to quote my self below:

You make a "paper" version people can google the answer and add "country" at the end. You could put a time limiter on it but than you be discriminating against those who have a slow logical brain when it comes to questions (not necessarily fast needed events like for driving). You could impose a dont leave game option, but what if it crashes?

Plus what if you fail 2 times, you get auto banned? denied use of mp doing nothing wrong before you could because you didnt know the "laws" to the T?

As stated by me... (again)

So from the getgo you didn't even read the first post and assumed that this test was going to be physical and practical. That's an error on your end and quoting your opinion twice in the same thread is not going to add anything to the mix.

I created this thread to improve the quality of the game for everyone involved. I even talked to people in teamspeak about it and they suggested that I created a test form to show my idea on the forum.

The following people that are part of the game and moderation has commented and supported my idea but also the other thread's idea that was merged.

Max Power, DFS_TV, MaxOMax, FirestarteR93, delboyspencer

That's what matters and I'm still waiting for actual developers to come by and leave a comment. But they are most likely aware of it and have other things to worry about than Internet forum opinionated drama.

It's an opinion thing. You don't want it, I want it. Developers have final say.

The following people that are part of the game and moderation has commented and supported my idea but also the other thread's idea that was merged.
Max Power, DFS_TV, MaxOMax, FirestarteR93, delboyspencer

That's what matters and I'm still waiting for actual developers to come by and leave a comment. But they are most likely aware of it and have other things to worry about than Internet forum opinionated drama.

I couldn't give a rats ass if the entire MP team support this idea, it's a bad decision if you ask me and those supporting it aren't looking at the whole picture. Also, I've been well aware that SCS has nothing to do with the MP mod, although the 'member since' states I've been a member since the 7th of January I've actually been around a lot longer; I just hadn't bothered with the forums until then. The MP mod is almost entirely dependent on SCS, if they implement something then MP has to follow suit.

I'll go back to what I mentioned in my last post; if SCS wanted the game to be a true 100% simulator they would have made it so, but they didn't. Why? Probably because not everyone has the time or mindset to go through tests for a damn game and they chose to make it the way it is for simplicity's sake. 

You think adding this will stop people that drive badly or 'trolls'? Pft. Wake up mate, this isn't a perfect world. 

PS. Anyone will tell you to post an idea in the suggestions section, it doesn't mean you should. 

• Upvote 1

nz3d07.jpg

Have you tested DSC world and tried booting up an A-10? 350 page manual on how to properly fly the thing and 2 hour of fast paced tutorials in the game.

Asking some people to do a small 10 minute test for a multiplayer mod that is independent from the Single player game (Because they can play the game how much they want, they bought it, it's theirs) just to improve the quality of the game a little bit would surely not do much harm. There were more complaints and whining when using the Steam log in on the forum than people doing the test form.

So from the getgo you didn't even read the first post and assumed that this test was going to be physical and practical. That's an error on your end and quoting your opinion twice in the same thread is not going to add anything to the mix.

I created this thread to improve the quality of the game for everyone involved. I even talked to people in teamspeak about it and they suggested that I created a test form to show my idea on the forum.

The following people that are part of the game and moderation has commented and supported my idea but also the other thread's idea that was merged. Max Power, DFS_TV, MaxOMax, FirestarteR93, delboyspencer

You bring planes into this, let alone military? How about this give Dave and I ten hours to learn the controls and features of the A-10 in real life we prob be able to fly it better than you in game... Even if you own thrustmaster's equipment costing 1000+ it's not the real thing. Only reason why I'm not in a fighter jet is medical reasons (would not pass the tests).

For the ten min test ideology, it's stupid. Why? Users log into mp to play mp not stare at pictures for ten minutes hoping they got it right. If they failed chances are they will never come back. Regardless if they be good drivers or not.

You assumed I didn't read your post. I mis read it the first time, hence I said "rereading".

Yes you created this thread to better the game however you be killing it. There are players out there who record peoples stupidity and make videos (as well reports) about it. You might not like making videos but those who do, usually like doing it. And as Dave stated your idea will not prevent people to get in the game. Because as I've stated you don't need a brain to pass a paper test to drive.

You know what's funny about those users you mentioned? They are admins and moderators. 2 are "rookies" other 4 have been around at least since November. I've been with these guys since Sept/Oct possibly August...

Only users that actually matter when liking something next to the community and a large diplomatic voting in favor of it, are those higher than admins. Not to downgrade admins or nothing, but truth is admins have the easy job in the group and can be easily replaced. I'll forever will refuse to be one here, too much work plus even before I got banned I was unpredictably on/off/afk etc.

There is only one dev has been like that for a while now. If you're expecting a personal repay from them, keep dreaming. A community manager or web dev will most likely to tell you the outcome. As it stands now, I'm fairly sure it will be rejected. Only way this is going to be implemented is threw the web, this means either Kat or J-M would have to be willing to do it as mwl4 is far too busy.

I "could" make this too using php/sql like they would but as stated users want to play the game and the first thing they would see is "please complete this test to play"

That be the end of the game for them. We have a good setup to get rid of idiots right now maybe not the best, but it works. When people complain about admins doing nothing everyone here tells them why etc most of the time they get it and start recording and reporting. By implementing this you'll be getting rid of good players. Trolls will only see it as a small hindrance to cause issues.

Dave and I are top posters with equal or better than the others for likes, we both have helped this community.

Oh after going threw the topic must of those you mentioned like the whole in game driving idea not your text version. In-game driving would be better but as I stated only one dev so won't happen likely.

SUS0M9O.gif

Yea, people only listen to me because I have a high post count...

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/3037-how-to-properly-report-users/(before 500 posts)

So I'm to assume you're a egocentric fool who only cares about their own idea?

If you're not involved in suggestions and the community then can you complain once implemented if you where able to have your say in it beforehand?

Even tho I'm banned and might never get removed I want to see this community grow. What you propose is not that direction it's the opposite.

Yes I post a lot but is it necessarily a bad thing? No.

SUS0M9O.gif

can we stick on-topic please this is not about posting issues but a nice suggestion that you are willing to mess up 

so i will advise stop the flaming to each other or else this thread will be closed due off-topic related post   

It's not entirely off topic, the base subject is still regarding the driving test. This 'nice suggestion' has more potential to mess up the game though, just throwing that out there. The concept behind it could work, but how it's implemented.. if it's done wrongly it risks pushing a lot of people away and we all know what the experience is like when the server is essentially empty. 

nz3d07.jpg

It's not entirely off topic, the base subject is still regarding the driving test. This 'nice suggestion' has more potential to mess up the game though, just throwing that out there. The concept behind it could work, but how it's implemented.. if it's done wrongly it risks pushing a lot of people away and we all know what the experience is like when the server is essentially empty. 

well while this thread has 6 pages you could easy setup some sort of survey regarding to the signs ingame , and make a theory exams 

so that people can give himself up for theory and if they succeed the theory exam they can go ingame and do some difficult proofs with examinator (independent one which is fair) 

this is how we are doing in the netherlands i don't know how it's going in other countries 

People can give himself up for theory and if they succeed the theory exam they can go ingame and do some difficult proofs with examinator (independent one which is fair) 

This is what I'm referring to when I mention that this has the potential to push users away from the game.

I'm pretty sure that there's more than half of the users that don't drive at all in real life and they can drive to an acceptable standard that doesn't annoy other users. Because lets face it, the sole reason why people want these driving tests in the MP is because they're getting annoyed by those who are 'trolling' and have gotten to the point where it's almost impossible to tell a legitimate player that's struggling from a 'troll' so are essentially put into the same category as them; possibly thinking almost every person is a 'troll'. 

I don't think this would work either simply because it's not exactly impossible to say, load up google on a phone or another screen and simply search for the answers that could be on this test. If it's that easy I honestly don't see the point of having a test at all because that just completely defeats the purpose that it intentionally was meant to serve. Search for the answers, get them right, continue to 'troll'. What was the intention again?

This is why I'm against it, not only because it's completely unfair to those who might be too young to understand or those who might not even be able to understand it in general. But also because I honestly think it's just going to add a complication rather than a fix to what is obviously the issue with 'trolls'.

Who's going to going to be this examiner after they pass the theory? I'd sure as hell not do it for free, you're aware of how many users are online in game right now? There's 2037 across all three servers (as of when I checked). Expecting someone to teach every single person these things for free is insane man. 

nz3d07.jpg

There seem to be enough people willing to do the various VTC practical exams in game so that I think having a test like suggested would result in plenty of users passing and playing anyway.

But whether it would actually achieve a better environment is debateable imo. I see still bans for speedhack each day, probably next might be 'testhack'... Lol.

hmm and what about this idea 

lv 0-10 you having a non collision zone around you 

so that you can't ram,block others 

so then you need to deliver goods in order to make xp 

and also to advance to the next level

but still it needs some improvement because you can cheat your level up

can only allow if the devs are willing to disable cheat engine or any other mods that give you xp/level

• Upvote 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.