Install TruckersMP.exe virus -> Question

SolidSnepe

When downloading from https://truckersmp.com/download I get no such thing as a warning for potentional virus even when I have a virus and a malware protection running

I believe you should be fine :) 

Scanned it myself actually with both programs and no threats were showing up.

Also welcome back :) 

~1nYX

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

Hello SolidSnepe,

Probably there is already a virus on your pc.Not sure though.

If you download the client from : https://truckersmp.com/download  as @1nYX said you will realise there isn't any virus at all. :D

How to Report   Supported Mods   Launcher Error Solutions   Rules  Ban Appeal   Contact Support

In case there is a problem where I can help, feel free to contact me by PM.

Don't worry about it. Just a false positive. Even a harmless string of code can set off a virus alert on any virus software. Since you're using Virus Total websites, they can through many, many softwares.

As long as you download the official one, you're safe. 

It's relatively common that mods like TruckersMP get flagged as viruses because we hook into other applications to make the mod work, which is also what viruses do to hide themselves.

We can assure you that TruckersMP is not a virus.

@MindlessGonzo that's not how viruses work, if they did, you'd be installing viruses all the time with every single piece of software you download.

4 hours ago, Tuxy Fluffyclaws said:

We can assure you that TruckersMP is not a virus.

51Sz93SM0cL.jpg

/s

On topic: Yeah, it's either a false positive or you already have a virus on your computer that's duplicating. More likely a false positive.

beep boop

AVG just reported the exe to run ETS2MP (not the install file) to be a generic virus which can also be illegally distributed with a download on a reliable page without the webmaster knowing about it.

That's now getting me worried because

1. AVG has never reported anything from TruckersMP yet and

2. It wouldn't be the first time TMP was hacked...

policeceptionsig.thumb.jpg.9ceaf39140d55cb4d0a6821e8ebbe3dd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forraz locked this topic

Archived