Allow a maximum waiting time at EuroPort

Penguin

Hello!

Suggestion Name
Allow a maximum waiting time at EuroPort
Suggestion Description:
I have seen many cases where Administrations have banned pilot cars and trucks as soon as they pull up. Should the user just need to suddenly drop everything because something has happened in real life, they can often come back to find themselves banned for Parking at EP. I would rather an IGA waited for a small amount of time (30s MAX) then asked the user to move. If they don't move, then yes, the ban/kick is justified, but I feel it is unfair for users to be immediently banned as soon as they pull up at EP. Although parking at EP is against the rules, it really does make the game un-enjoyable when players are in constant fear of being banned if they put a step out of line.

Any example images

Why should it be added?:
I have witnessed this first hand, and now am slowly moving away from playing ETS2MP until the situation improves, as it's constant fear that we'll get banned if we make a simple mistake. Personally I have talked to a few of my friends and they just avoid EP at all costs now, because they are in fear of the moderation.

Sorry this even has to be suggested, but I feel something must be done.

Many Thanks
~ Peng

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

the rules are very clear, also there are some pictures which tells that you can't park there

Inappropriate Parking - Kick / Ban
Parking or stopping in areas of high population for no reason such as Rotterdam Port or anything similar, using the designated car parks is fine (This is fine when there is low traffic in the area). Parking or stopping is always forbidden in No Parking Zones (pictures in second post) NEW

Useless traffic in excessively high population areas - Kick / Ban

Useless traffic in excessively high population areas such as Europoort, Rotterdam or the roads surrounding Oxnard. Driving without reason to and from or anything similar.

You would firstly be kicked for been parked at EP, then if you constantly repeat the offence stated above, then you will be banned for it. 

In no circumstances should you be banned from parking at EP if you have not been kicked for it beforehand. The only way you can be banned at EP is if you have parked at EP and are blocking the road, this is classified as blocking and you will be banned for it.

@Trucking Australia Please check the video I have included in my OP. There is a truck and pilor car pulling up for about 2 seconds and they were NOT blocking the road, instead the admin just banned them instantly.

Of course I should've clarified that I meant only if the vehicles are NOT in any way blocking the road and have safely pulled up, its just a case of allowing for a bit of grace rather than being so heavy handed.

Admins, the users will love you a lot more if they feel you are on their side, to help them, rather than actively lying in wait for someone to ban.

Waddle On!                    

Well the first car did get banned for a valid reason just wanted to point that out he was overtaking which isn't tolerated at all in EP now 526 was there for a while which is the car that the truck pulled up behind of so he had reason for being banned. Honestly in my opinion the truck did get banned way to quick. What if he was only stopping their for about 5 seconds? I could see where someone would get mad as he was probably thinking i wasn't parked and that would honestly deter people from wanting to play at all if they get banned for stopping for 1 sec. People can't control when something comes up in real life. e.g. a 14 year playing they have parents and parents call their kids. i would say +1 for this idea due to the fact that some people have real world things that may happen when they are leaving or exiting EP so they have no other choice but to pull over really quick. You could tell me they can just leave the game but then what would happen when they have to rejoin after they come back? they will either spawn in the road and get banned or spawn on the sides and still get banned.

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

^ not all players are gonna be thinking of pressing f7 and some people may not want to have to go all the way to service. Also theirs the issue of people that don't have any money. In my VTC i have some players that dont use money cheats or modded profile and have to do everything possible so they don't become bankrupt. 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

just dont park at ep its really that simple tbh 

a2b.png   speed.png

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbQ2IbkACMIbXZA_1Bw3HYA                                                                                                                        

im sorry but this idea is stupid, if you have to leave that quickly, then you really should quick save and ALT F4 or F7 Enter out of the way, it doesn't take less than half a minute to hit the keys required and then attend to whatever emergency is occurring IRL.

Hell, I had to take care of my mother the other day when she fell down the stairs while I was in MP, yet I pulled over off the road completely and hit Escape and exit and let Autosave do its thing, took me less than 20 seconds from realising what had happened to leaving my chair.

Furthermore, we have rules in MP for a reason, not just something pretty to look at every once in a while, if you are clearly parked in the road and are blocking traffic, then you deserve to be banned, if you are partially off the road then a kick is a good option.

Not to mention that if you simply give people chances to do something or whatever, they will not listen. If you don't kick/ban them for an offense, then how are they to learn NOT to do that and to do things the legit way instead?

I do not see the point of this at all, anyone who has seen the absolute carnage EP can turn into in the matter of seconds because of one persons actions, whether its a troll, someone going AFK, an idiot who cant drive or even lag, EP grinds to a hault and with it being the most congested and busy section of the map, its understandable why admins have a no BS tolerance, I certainly wouldn't.

@megadethsteve666 No need to insult the idea by calling it stupid bud. I understand you dont agree with the idea and you are voicing your opinion but no need to call it stupid. -back on topic-

Not everyone is going to think of the idea of alt+f4 and as i have learnt in past experiences alt f4 isnt always the best idea as i have been loaded in the middle of the road when coming back into the game. In my view theirs many other things you gotta think of before.

TruckerPilot

^Excuse me? im voicing my opinion in which I think the idea is totally stupid, dumb, idiotic, unnecessary, bad, not needed.....

The thing is, people SHOULD take the initiative and clear the roads, particularly in high traffic areas like EP, it would mean less lag, less accidents, and less need for admins to have to babysit that section of road to clear up other peoples messes, is that to difficult for people to do?

In actual fact, actually Exiting the game after stopping is worth while more than people care to think, first off admins wont have a need to ban you and for you to have bans on your record, secondly, its just as quick to stop, hit escape and then the big red button that will exit you from the game, than it is to pull off the road, stop and be able to then move to do whatever. Not to mention by quitting yourself, you allow other people who want to drive and have the time to do so to join the server while you are AFK. its a win win.

I personally would be upset if either this idea or a non ban/kick system was brought in for parking at EP, primarily because EP is the worst place you can stop and go AFK, ive had guys slam on the brakes and put their hazards on in the middle of the single lane section of that road causing a blockage that resulted in a pile up as people were unable to stop in time and thus crashed into each other causing no end of trouble, all because someone couldn't be bothered to go offline or move out of the way of traffic.

Im not saying people shouldn't stop to sort something in IRL at any point, im merely saying that for everyone elses sake as well as your own, its best not to do so at EP where you are 90% more likely to cause some kind of incident by parking there, if you have to go do something while passing through EP, just Manually DC, then when you are ready to return, go to SP, pull off the road into an area you know you wont be blocking traffic in and then rejoin MP, its as simple as that, unless of course you would like to have multiple bans on record for not listening to the rules...

@megadethsteve666 Now you're the one starting to sound abusive.

@Trucking Australia (or any other moderator) please lock this thread, it has been replaced by a better idea.

@Scandinavian Check my ban history, was banned a few days ago (first ever offence) for calling an oncoming truck that was coming head-on an 'idiot' and got banned. Yeah, the admins do ban people for small mistakes here.

@Truckerpilot Yes, this is very true :) Making sure you and those around you are safe, checking mirrors and all. It's difficult sometimes...

Waddle On!                    

@Penguinexpert1 You know the rules, you know that Rotterdam and Europort are always busy, but you propose to add a pause at which the staff must determine - ban/kick you or not...

Seriously?! Well, you understand - I'm against.

For those who think I'm wrong in advance, I will say the following: for the Europort of Rotterdam and the need to enter separate rules that will significantly toughen the punishment for useless to stay in these places. Especially to punish for trolling.

10.jpg?_1693113983

@AlexKERNEL I realize this, and I have created a new suggestion, but the mods accidentally locked that one instead of this one....

Can't get hold of any of them...

I completely agree now that players should be kicked instead of giving a maximum waiting time, it's a better solution than banning.

Anyway, here is the NEW suggestion, however the mods locked it.

Waddle On!                    

Archived