'Cooldown' Feature (Timed Kicks)

mutlob

Suggestion Name: A 'Cooldown' Feature or Timed Kicks for use in TMP by admins.
Suggestion Description: For offenses in TMP that are a step above a normal kick, yet not quite a bannable offense, my suggestion is to add a timed kick system or a 15-minute 'Cooldown' feature for admins to use in those situations.

Any example images: Nope.

Why should it be added?: There are multiple offenses that fall between a ban in a kick in the mind of the community and of admins. These include but are not limited to light NCZ glitching, causing small accidents, parking/useless traffic at EP, etc., and admins are forced to use their own judgement to make the decision to ban or kick users. This could start arguments/appeals with either the banned/kicked user or the victim(s). Putting the user offline for 15 minutes could be a 'happy medium' for the suspect, victim, and admin. It would be peace for the victim, fair punishment for the suspect without being a big nuisance, and could prevent appeals and arguments for admins. Instead of admins typing '/kick' or '/ban', they could just as easily type '/kick 15m' or '/cool', and I feel the feature would be simple to implement as well. If admins are forced to ban people for small offenses, after 4 small offenses, that's a month ban. That isn't very fair if you get banned for a month for potentially 60 minutes of cumulative ban time. This would provide flexibility to admins and would make it so that members who have committed very minor offenses will not be vastly affected by short bans in their punishment history.

If anybody has any questions, comments, or concerns, let me know below.

Edited by MUTLOB
Adjusted idea, made post clearer. Thanks everybody for your support.
  • Upvote 4

I'd imagine it would save time with ban appeals, and act as a "Warning" system more than anything. Although... I think kicks are the warning system? Not sure. Been a while since I've seen anyone get kicked/banned. It'd be interesting to see, if implemented. But, due to the kick feature they have in place I dunno if they'll add a whole new command. I do think they have the option to ban someone for 15-30 minutes, but I'm unsure of that. Either way, I like the idea and think it could go places if done correctly.

Driving to the top.

^^ I remember reading about something similar to this.

A few other member's of the moderator team mentioned some good points on this subject.

"If you check it actually says, "punishment history" not ban history. And remember that an offence is an offence, and admins can use that history to make an informed judgement on future bans." (Forerunner)

"IMO It doesn't matter if its for an hour or for a year - it matters that you broke the rules" (FirestateR93)

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

1 hour ago, Sysgen said:

The problem of banning for 15 minutes is that it stays on your profile. Should a player be ban perm if he's got 6 15min. Bans? I think not. The kick would not appear anywhere. 

So it is possible to ban for 15 mins, which kind of defeats my take on the feature but your take probably makes it an even better suggestion. I'll edit the OP accordingly.

This is an awesome idea.What about people who get rammed by a troll and they become angry and start to insult the troll? I know insulting is not the right thing but some people cant control themselves when they are angry just like me. Im sorry but it's kinda frustrating when im almost done with a long route and at the end of the job someone crashes to me on purpose so i dont get any money or points after 1000km travelling

^not to mention, it must be visible to the admins that this user have reasently had a cooldown, thus now should get a ban instead ( 1 cooldown for every 24 hours? 36? )

If not, it'll easilly be abused i'm affraid of

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

To be fair, this is a good idea, to have a "inbetween" where its not a simple kick, but its not a ban. +1

12 hours ago, FlyingDutchman said:

But what if you kicked a player with 15 min cooldown and the player comes back and continues that behavior what then ? 

I do like the idea but then we need a proper guidelines for this too.

really it should be used as a sort of warning, so say player x is "put in cooldown" for 30 Minutes, after 30 Minutes they reconnect, if they are captured causing issues again, THEN the punishment should result in a ban, kinda like being kicked down, reconnecting and causing the same issue again and getting banned for it.

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 11:21 PM, Cyrusj said:

^^ I remember reading about something similar to this.

A few other member's of the moderator team mentioned some good points on this subject.

"If you check it actually says, "punishment history" not ban history. And remember that an offence is an offence, and admins can use that history to make an informed judgement on future bans." (Forerunner)

"IMO It doesn't matter if its for an hour or for a year - it matters that you broke the rules" (FirestateR93)

The thing is, too many people complain that theyre either kicked, yet are able to reconnect immediately or are given a minimum ban, which shows up in their history, which is okay if the offence is something decent, but when its something petty, (not from personal experience) but I better it gets pretty annoying when suddenly you find yourself facing perma because you have a handful of super short bans for petty reasons. At least with a system like this, itll reduce that statistic and hell, it might even convince some people to behave more because physiologically a ban sounds too aggravating, especially for a small offence and a kick doesn't really deter people from misbehaving again, it just inconveniences them for a few moments, but having a "cooldown" where they are kicked for a specified amount of time, could possibly flip them to tow the line a bit more (this doesn't include the hardened trolls, more of the frustrated truckers and the newbies who don't understand the system yet)

^^ I was actually just quoting some points made in the other thread.

I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other on this subject.

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

I'd use this so often, a few examples: 

• A player is reported for trolling, I teleport, I watch for a while but nothing happens, I can see he's annoying another player but I can't catch him doing anything wrong, nothing really that deserves a ban. I could teleport him to service, but it's just close by, he'll be back here in 2 seconds. "/kick 15 min, Stop annoying this player, next time is a ban", when he's back the player he was bugging will be gone and he'll hopefully get the message. If I get a report again. Ban hammer. 
  • I get a report for ramming, I teleport, the player is in a car, on it's roof. He rammed into a truck but I have no video, the discussion is heated in chat but no insulting yet. "/kick 15 min, Slow down..Next time will be a ban for reckless driving"
  • Another one, I get a report, I teleport and this player is annoying a convoy, I could teleport him to service or kick him, but again, he'll catch-up to them quickly, "/kick 10 min, Stop interfering with this convoy, next time will be a ban for trolling", the delay of 10 minutes will allow the convoy to get away and he won't find them when he reconnects. 

My .02 cents.

@Sysgen  so you going to remember all the players their names? And after 15min you will still know it? In that time you probably do 20-30 reports in-game, then you must have a very good memory :)

Unless the player are highlighted in the admin panel that is pretty much impossible to maintain your examples

On 6/8/2016 at 0:00 AM, Sysgen said:

I like the idea, I've mentioned it somewhere before, my take on it was to add a time function to the /kick command

/kick 123 15 m Reckless driving.

I'd use it often.

but if you are kicking them of the server they are able to join back again. But if you kick someone for 15 min doesn't that mean you are banned for 15 becuase you are not allowing them access to MP for 15 minutes also reckless driving is a bannable offence so why should they be able to get away with it without it being shown on his record for future admins to determine whether he gets perm banned.And how will you be able to determine whats a ban and whats a kick 

signbot (1).gif

1 hour ago, danielcross2 said:

but if you are kicking them of the server they are able to join back again. But if you kick someone for 15 min doesn't that mean you are banned for 15 becuase you are not allowing them access to MP for 15 minutes also reckless driving is a bannable offence so why should they be able to get away with it without it being shown on his record for future admins to determine whether he gets perm banned.And how will you be able to determine whats a ban and whats a kick 

the thing is, if admins haven't got visual proof of exactly what's going on, its sure as hell going to be hard to determine what punishment is due, that's why having a system where admins can kick the player for x period of time, say 30 Minutes for reckless driving, then they can always wait in the area for when that person re-joins and if they see them causing issues, then there's proof that they are doing wrong and so deserve the ban.

Think about it this way, it stops people complaining that they get banned for no reason because being kicked for a certain period of time can serve as your final warning, if they go ahead and do it again, well then the ban is warranted and the admins have given that person plenty of chances to calm down and behave. I mean, If someone wrecks people in EP but admins only get a visual on the aftermath of the wreck fest, then the suspected culprit can be kicked for x time, to  cool them off a bit, if they join and instantly wreck people or cause issues, well they get banned. As said before, if a convoy is being harassed, then the perpetrator can be kicked for x time allowing the convoy to get away from the area.

Also, The rules do state that the majority of offences warrant either a kick or a ban, so its not just a bannable offence, but a standard kick doesn't really deter people because they can just re-join instantly, but if they get kicked for x time and a reason is given to them in black and white, then there's no excuse if they cause havoc again, its simple really.

• 3 weeks later...

You can do that or you can simply do the same with how bans are working , but instead of showing on the profile , if its a ban for 15 minutes it doesnt appear for other players , only for admins , and it is taken as a minor offense which does not add up unlike other longer ban lengths.

@Trucking Australia @slothmane5 You could just ban for 15 minutes but then that goes on your profile. You get four 15-minute bans and you get banned for a month. It simply isn't fair to be banned for that long for (as an example) parking in Europoort, swearing in chat, losing control of your truck, and NCZ glitching. You could potentially get a cumulative 60 minutes of ban time and be ousted for a month. With a 15-minute cooldown, injustices like this scenario would not happen because, as they are technically timed kicks, would not count towards your bans.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.