exhaust Smoke

Yea that would be nice idea but I think you would not be able to see sometimes..as some players are going to try to make smoke come out of their exhausts!!But yea I would like to see that In-Game! 

• Upvote 3

How to Report   Supported Mods   Launcher Error Solutions   Rules  Ban Appeal   Contact Support

In case there is a problem where I can help, feel free to contact me by PM.

I personally don't really want to see smoke unless we have dynamic weather in the game by default so that we can have really cold mornings, especially if they expand into Alaska and Canada, the only smoke I wanna see from my truck exhaust is water vapour in the cold weather and that's it, you hardly see any truck built since the emissions laws were put in place, belching thick black smoke, if you do, that truck has serious engine issues, besides, partial emitters in game would just lag the server and the game to hell and back so no thanks.

^ There are plenty of trucks currently that blow black smoke. Just because its black smoke doesnt mean somethings wrong. Our family trucks are set up for power, with straight pipes. Most cases on a semi black smoke means power.

I am here to help, I hope I helped in some sort of way.

Come check out my Youtube channel, post videos every 2 days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwBdDxIYboOD73dPPZ8SAQ

^The topic is about exhaust smoke from the trucks exhaust pipes. Not cigarette smoking in the cab.... Please read the topic title more carefully before commenting.

As for this idea, I agree that it would likely cause more frame rate losses since it'd be having to create more particles for it and not everyone can afford the newest, greatest and latest graphics card or the RAM to be able to render it without issues. If you want exhaust smoke, you'll just have to mod it in SP because it's something SCS would need to add if it's gonna be in MP.

Edited by Linkstar
Do not quote the above post

@musicmann9696 He does not mean smoke cigarettes if you think he means that. He means exaust smoke like on most older american trucks where they billow black smoke from the stacks. I think this would be great to impliment along with the age of trucks, as it gets bad if you dont service ect.

Just now, Sanguinem_Luna said:

The topic is about exhaust smoke from the trucks exhaust pipes. Not cigarette smoking in the cab.... Please read the topic title more carefully before commenting.

As for this idea, I agree that it would likely cause more frame rate losses since it'd be having to create more particles for it and not everyone can afford the newest, greatest and latest graphics card or the RAM to be able to render it without issues. If you want exhaust smoke, you'll just have to mod it in SP because it's something SCS would need to add if it's gonna be in MP.

oh im sry but ill only say that cigaratts are not good or funny in the game the normal smoke like you sad from the pippes will be very cool

9 hours ago, jukeboxknox said:

^ There are plenty of trucks currently that blow black smoke. Just because its black smoke doesnt mean somethings wrong. Our family trucks are set up for power, with straight pipes. Most cases on a semi black smoke means power.

I agree that black smoke doesn't mean anything is necessarily wrong but i think you are mistaken: Black smoke is caused by access fuel not being utilized by the diesel engines compression system (I.E uses compression to ignite combustion rather than spark plugs).

There was an amazingly detailed run down for why this happens Here in the second post.

But in a simpler explanation:

Over-fueling is the primary cause of black smoke from the exhaust of a heavy duty diesel engine. Over-fueling can be caused by diesel fuel injector wear that enlarges the nozzle hole or erodes the injector needle and allows excess fuel to flow into the combustion chamber.

Edit:

Just to clarify the reasons for my post: Black smoke is unrealistic considering current models of semi's must comply with all EPA emission restrictions. Witch includes "black smoke" or "soot"

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.