CB Radio

Wolus

8 hours ago, dam00199 said:

I don't know why but the idea of learning the 10 codes and then using them in the game on the CB radio sounds awesome! Also this can be very handy when trying to let other truckers know of a jam and accident.

Sounds awesome to me as well, but you'd have the players who wouldn't want to learn the CB Codes Ex:

"Traffic going North bound on Highway 5 we have a 10-42 just outside of Oakland"

If people don't know the 10 codes then they would have no idea that there is a "Traffic Accident just outside of Oakland if going North bound on Highway 5." They would only figure it out when they get closer and the map would show a cluster of people. But sure, if everyone knew the 10 codes it would be awesome.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ I must say I wouldn't have any clues... Maybe you people knowing these codes could write a guide? although I must admit that right now, one of my first options when logging in is to switch the CB off. Usually I don't hear anything and when I do, it's mostly German or other languages I don't understand, so it makes it useless for me. I think that being this a game CB, there should be some sticked thread for people to know how to use it, a set of rules and a distribution of the channels, be it by language or whatever other standard. Most of the players right now will stick to the default 19 channel, but if it's made clear that, i.e., channel 1 is for English, channel 2 for German, and so on, or channel 1 for cities, channel 2 for highways, I don't know... Never used a CB in real life, but if there aren't any rules, in the end it will be chaos and people will stop using it, because you can agree to go in channel 10 with your friends for a convoy, but you never know who other players will also be in that channel... maybe just to make noises, play music or simply mess up with everyone else.

10-1 Receiving Poorly
10-2 Receiving Well
10-3 Stop Transmitting
10-4 Ok, Message Received
10-5 Relay Message
10-6 Busy, Stand By
10-7 Out of Service, Leaving Air
10-8 In Service, subject to call
10-9 Repeat Message
10-10 Transmission Completed, Standing By
10-11 Talking too Rapidly
10-12 Visitors Present
10-13 Advise weather and road conditions
10-16 Make Pickup at…...
10-17 Urgent Business
10-18 Anything for us?
10-19 Nothing for you, return to base
10-20 My Location is ......... or What's your Location?
10-21 Call by Telephone
10-22 Report in Person too ......
10-23 Stand by
10-24 Completed last assignment
10-25 Can you Contact .......
10-26 Disregard Last Information/Cancel Last Message
10-27 I am moving to Channel ......
10-28 Identify your station
10-29 Time is up for contact
10-30 Does not conform to FCC Rules
10-32 I will give you a radio check
10-33 Emergency Traffic at this station
10-34 Trouble at this station, help is needed
10-35 Confidential Information
10-36 Need correct time
10-37 Wrecker needed at …...
10-38 Ambulance needed at .........
10-39 Your message delivered
10-41 Please tune to channel ........
10-42 Traffic Accident at ..........
10-43 Traffic tied up at .........
10-44 I have a message for you
10-45 All units within range please report
10-50 Break Channel
10-60 What is next message number?
10-62 Unable to copy, use phone
10-65 Awaiting your next message or assignment
10-67 All units comply
10-70 Fire at .......
10-71 proceed with transmission in sequence
10-73 Speed Trap at ............
10-75 You are causing interference
10-77 Negative Contact
10-84 My telephone number is .........
10-85 My address is ...........
10-91 Talk closer to the Mike
10-92 Your transmitter is out of adjustment
10-93 Check my frequency on this channel
10-94 Please give me a long count
10-95 Transmit dead carrier for 5 seconds
10-99 Mission completed, all units secure
10-100 Need to go to Bathroom
10-200 Police needed at ..........

well no i dont think it would be a nightmare.. as so many sayd there are many channels.. atleast up the range a bit more than the tab list would be nice so we could ask the 10-20..

also what if i want to talk to someone/are in the middle of a conversation with someone going a complete other direction or leaving my travel path?!?

i think 500-800m is to short for cb.. i think we need at least 1500m.

last i tryed to ask people over cb how the traffic at oxnard is.. didnt work becouse distance.

sysp-73354.png

You will never get the feeling of an actual "CB" simulator as long as people jump on there and say what they want. The patience level on MP is VOID! If you are inexperienced with CB Jargon then stay off 19 until you pick up on it. Thier are alot of people that want to pass along actual "CB Talk" but don't wanna sit there listening to people talk to their buddy's about where to go next. Use another channel to coordinate the routes with friends leave 19 alone for actual CB Jargon but until everyone is on the same page this will never happen. 

Simulators are all about getting into the immersion side of it, even if it doesn't exist the possibilities are endless to get the feel of a simulator. For instance, when you go through that certain construction zone where it drops from 70 mph to 35 mph this could be simulated over the radio as a "Bear Trap" which is a term for a (speed trap) "bear" slang for cops, "trap" slang for speed trap. To go even further, police helicopter slang would be "Bear in the air", Radar would be "Picture taker", NB=Northbound, SB=Southbound, Cmon=send transmission, Grip on your Lip= I hear you, Double Nickel=55mph. Look over yer shoulder=hows traffic look back behind you?

Now put all these together and a conversation over the radio "COULD" sound something like this:

SB Driver: Break 19 How bout it NB you got yer ears on?

NB Driver: Go ahead SB I got a grip on yer lip cmon

SB Driver: how's it look over yer shoulder?

NB Driver: Well SB you got a Bear trap just down the road couple miles out, That Bear in the Air is taking pictures!

SB Driver: Appreciate info NB I am droppin down to the Double Nickels as we speak you be safe out there!

NB Driver: 10-4 you do the same!

Now obviously this is just how one conversation could go and it would make for some entertaining convos to be involved in or to just listen to, if you (players) can get immersed and use imagination it could make for a great time, and pass along any Jargon you know to other people and tell em what it means then more people will pick up on it. We all just need to approach this CB Radio in a different way and not treat it like it is just another voice chat you could have alot of fun with it! just my opinion but i would definitely like to hear more CB chatter when people are waiting to pull in to drop off loads in high traffic areas, or at the dealerships but we'll see i guess.

http://www.truckercountry.com/trucker-resources/cb-terminology/

1 hour ago, aquaticsparrow said:

Nope. No one will ever hear my voice.

The range is player proximity. As long as you can see them on the player list, it will work.

yeah, I said that^ when it was still being tested by us, before it came out to public :P

On 06/03/2016 at 4:48 PM, Chjl1234 (Chris) said:

It's ranged based, not sure on the range though.

There is also 20 different channels on the CB radio, so there shouldnt be too many issues with people corss talking other eachother etc.

The range seems a little odd, it seems to go further than the range that people show up at with the Tab list.

But, I've had plenty of times now where I've been driving along, happily chatting with the guy that's plowing along behind me, and jokingly shouting at the genius in front of me that seems to think brakes are not analog... :P

It's a good feature in my opinion, the addition of an on/off is definately well needed though at times.

I just wish people understood that putting the microphone volume to 100% will usually make your mic clip like crazy.

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived