New banning process

_Pingu_

Tittle:New banning process
description:a new way people get banned perm
why:it would be much fairer on the people who already have 5 bans and the next would be there pem ban following up from the new ban system
picture/video N/A

Example for every year you would get 6 chances or strikes if you get more than 6 strikes within a year it would be a perm ban
depending on what rule was broken the punishment would be up to the moderators discretion.Also a kick would not count as a strike.here is what i think would work out

Number of strikes are worked out by the severity of the rule  

Ramming = 1 strike /ban length Admins discretion

Trolling = 2 strikes /ban length Admins discretion

Speed hacking= 3 strikes /ban length Admins discretion

Horn spamming= 0.5 strikes/ban length/kick/ Admins discretion

username = warning given by in game admin to change. non compliance = 1 strike/ban length Admins discretion

Tags in username = warning given to change non compliance = 1.5 strikes/ban length Admins discretion

racing = 2 strikes /ban Admins discretions 

incorrect way = 1 strike/kick/ban Admins discretion

inappropriate overtaking = 0.5 strikes/ban/kick Admins discretion

swearing = warning given by in game admin non compliance = 1 strike/kick/ban length Admins discretion

insulting = 2 strikes/ban length Admin discretion

blocking = 2 strikes/ban length Admin discretion 

inappropriate parking = 1.5 strikes/kick/ban length Admin discretion 

chat and report spamming = 1 strike/kick/ban length Admin discretion

unsupported mods = 4 strikes/ban length Admins discretion 

driving without lights in the night =0.5 strikes/kick/ban length Admin discretion 

Exiting map boundaries = 1 strike/kick/ban length Admin discretion 

Useless traffic in excessively high population areas = 1.5/kick/ban length Admin discretion 

Inappropriate Convoy Management = warning given by in game admin non compliance = 2 strikes ban length Admin discretion 

• Upvote 4

signbot (1).gif

A new ban system has not long been introduced, so I doubt it will change again. Look at this - (new process of banning) https://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/25751-changes-to-the-ban-process/

Regards.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

Back when our new system was introduced, staff had a vote on two systems. First one was the system we are currently using now. The second one was similar to the one described above.

Now the issue with the system mentioned above is Admins already have ALOT to do as their "job", banning, appeals, reports, activity requirements etc, a point/strike kinda system would require admin to spend a good majority of time counting up points/strikes instead of doing the actual admin work. A system such as this would also make banning in game harder, because we would then have to check on each ban how many strikes they have in order to make a decision on punishment, again slowing the process down. As well as then having to remember or check how many strikes each punishment is worth, kinda overcomplicates things.

I'm not saying its a terrible idea, but I am giving my opinion that it would overcomplicate things, over the current system and make things harder for everyone.

i suggested this becuase people who have 5 bans wont be hanging around for long as there next is perm which seems unfair becuase the new banning system just came in this month.i have 5 bans as well i dont troll its just the situations i get into i dont understand why every year is a new year so all the bans are wiped from the year before i know they say "ITS BECUASE ITS LIKE A POLICE RECORD" but its just a game and i dont want players feeling sacred to play becuase there are on the 5th ban and having to beg for mercy if they get reported for a accidental thing also a response to your answer why would they have to remember how many strikes if someone was ramming  they would have to type  /ban xxx reason ramming thats all then the player who was ramming would go there ban history and it would automatically tally up.

signbot (1).gif

it says, if you already have 5 your next is month if havent had already, then 3 month then perm ban

"Additional information: For older accounts, that already have a history longer than this, we are starting from where you are currently, if you have 6 bans now and have already had the 1 month ban issued as per old systems, your next ban will be 3 months. Then permanent beyond that with no chance of removal. If you have 5 bans but no 1 month ban yet, your next ban will be 1 month and etc."

• Upvote 1

^

Your next ban will be 3 months. and then perm.

(bare in mind something is being discussed atm,i'm sure clarkinator will post about it soon enough if needed)

^ well looks like you havent had a month so that is your next ban, then it will be 3 month and then perm

• Upvote 1

@chjl,

Why are you an admin if you can't handle the process? That's an admin's job...

There is a limit people can handle, you should know that from real life experience (work, school, ...)

Also, keep it in mind that if you guys want to give us more work, we have to select priorities and do some stuff later which results in a delay in processing appeals and reports. And I have the feeling people will start complaining again it will take too long...

• Upvote 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

@Scarface,

School work for example is completely different, it is way more important than playing police in an online video game.

I have a few suggestions for this matter;

1) Open moderator applications (I believe your team consists of about 80 people*, that's a low number for a playerbase of 3000+ players at a time)

2) Divide admins into groups, and have them focus on 1 job. For example; there's a group that reads and answers ban appeals*. A group that handles reports etc.

*(1): I had a look at the ETS2 MP Team topic, and 80 people is my guess.

*(2): A different admin than the one who banned him should review ban appeals, because it should be from neutral point of view and the evidence has to be good enough. The key part is that the evidence should be convincing others of ones deeds.

Sorry, correction to the my above comment. Your next ban will be one month (speedhack doesn't count to that one month ban unless the 4th ban is speedhacking after the system was put in place)

I fail to see why we as a community needs players that doesn't understand, and can't be added to halfways try to learn, the basic rules of the road......

And having a lot of bans really shows that you just isn't interested to behave.

So, you already get five, that's 5 strikes, and you can still play, after 'enjoying' a cool off vecation.

Isn't that anough?

Or do you lot prefer troll heaven?

If so, please let me know, and I'll be on my way to something else instead

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

^

Can you come up with any other argument please? It has been repeated three times now.

First and foremost, the amount of bans a user has does not indicate wether one is willing to behave or not. Admins can ban things for the slightest reasons, which hurt noone, like in my situation, not to mention those are easily solvable by a chat filter or swear warning system, but for some reason they are unable to implement it only because Truckdriver said no. Second, a ban is not a vacation, it's a punishment, you need to get that out of your head. Third, this is partially the same as the first one, admins ban for the slightest things. According to you, everyone who has been banned or is banned is a troll, since you support the current system. Look at post #240 in this topic: https://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/25751-changes-to-the-ban-process/page-12According to you, this guy is a troll, since he got banned, but what you fail to see, he didn't do anything wrong (situations like these happen more often), his driving may look a bit dangerous, but he did not ram, block or cut off anyone on purpose, he didn't even hit anyone at all, so why is this guy a troll? Can you enlighten me?

• Upvote 1

Somewhat off-topic: I personally don't like the idea of a permanent ban anyway, I reckon after the 5th ban it should be 1/2 years instead of perm.

Wait, 1/2 a year or 1 or 2 years? Damn they seem long xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.