New banning process

_Pingu_

@ luxray : well, as i can see in his history, he tends to drive recless.... And recless driving does harm other people, even if you don't hit them, they have to take actions to awoid sutch. And we're not supposed to go on the wrong side of the roads, or cut up the corners as he did at ep... Calling him a troll, might be a bit hars, i agree, but he's definently not learning from his vecations ( forsed vecations, but still :P ) from mp, and thus, in my oppinion, he deserves it.

Afther all, bans are a warning to change your behaviour on the servers, if you fail do do so, you'll continue to get another warning, and then another, and another, and another, and then it's bye bye.

I still fail to see why we need people that can't follow the rules, and just can't understand that they are there for a reason. Just as they are in real life.

Though, the advantages of this being a game, is that you won't kill anyone with your wreclessness, or your self, you just ruin their driving experience.

See the bans as their real life counterpart, loosing your license, or going to prisson. ( though, here, where i live, you won't get life in prisson, but you can get banned from driving for life....)

(that said, i think there might be something that's up with his last ban, since it's given the day afther he recived a 1 month ban....)

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

^ It's not about his history, it's about that he got banned for basically doing nothing wrong. The guy had to cross the white line a bit, so he wouldn't be stuck with his trailer against the corner. He did cut a corner afterwards, but there was noone waiting and he had the right of way anyway, this doesn't deserve an immediate ban.

Ban's shouldn't be considered as a warning, mainly because there's nothing that gets worse than a ban. Why won't admins give any warnings to let a guy know he's doing something wrong? Why does he have to be banned immediately?

Players DO try to follow the rules, but admins ban for the slightest thing (this feeds their ban history and each admin gives a different ban length, which shouldn't happen, everyone needs to be treated fairly in the end), like I said earlier. Don't compare this to real life, it's completely different and irrelevant.

• Upvote 2

a ban is a warning... multiple bans shows that you don't care to follow the rules, no way around that...

Why should they warn first?? so that players gets multiple chanses to missbehave?

If you don't know the basic rules of the roads ( i'm not talking about knowing every rule there is, for every country covered by ets2, because that would be about impossible ), you should consider a ban a heads up, and that you might want to change what you're doing.

I really don't see how that should be so hard to understand?

I know what you mean, but you fail to understand my point of view.

A ban is not a warning, because nothing follows after a ban. Name something that follows a ban/permanent ban?

Second, why are you assuming everyone who has been warned to continue misbehaving? Some people don't know about certain rules, so if admins warn them about it, they can learn from it, before getting banned immediately. 

''because nothing follows after a ban'' - incase you still do not understand:

This is how a procedure as admin should be:

warn > kick > ban

Now, according to you, it should be:

ban

As you can see, nothing happens after the ban, this indicates that it's a punishment, and not a warning.

well, something follows the ban ( and, for your information, they do kick a lot of people.....), you get to try again... And, if afther 5 bans, you still can't behave, i still]/i] fail to see why they should be allowed to continue to use this mod, witch in the eula states that the admin are almigty beings.... ( although, not in those exact words :P )

And, yes, i still belive that the banhammer is good. Had you been permabanned for the first offence ( well, you still can, i think, if you really want....), i would agree with you. But, as it's not an emidiate permaban, i see it as a warning to change the behaviour

edit : though, i do belive we'll never agree on this matter, but that's just fine, the world would be a far worse place if everyone though the same

Edited by Noraf

as i said, what follows the ban, is that you get to try again ( and again, and again....), til you've had 5 bans. then nothing follows the 6th ban....

as i said, what follows the ban, is that you get to try again ( and again, and again....), til you've had 5 bans. then nothing follows the 6th ban....

Maybe if you stopped being a talking mouth for the mods and used logic you'd understand that the current ban process is flawed horribly and allows admins to ban for even the slightest thing they might find as breaking the rules. The rules and the banning process both need to be fixed in order to have a better system and retain your players. A good example is Puncake's last ban he got. He was going fast and went off road to avoid hitting another truck which is smart on his part. He got banned for "reckless" driving. I guess being smart and avoiding a collision is reckless, so what should he have just hit the other driver and then get a ban for ramming? 

Most of the mods here are a joke and complain about having to spend extra time doing work as a mods, guess what that's your job as a mod to do work and put in the time. If you can't handle that or don't like it then stop being a mod and let someone else become one that actually wants to put in the time and effort. 

It blows my mind that mods are complaining about having to do more work.

• Upvote 1

^ i have been told that what i did is most likely a kick offence, howver it was down to history, which barely has evidence of tbh and i can give the exact details of them.

anyway, think this is slightly going off topic.

• Upvote 1

^ hmm but this was using the website report system not via game report. Anyway don't think this is the right place to discus this, feel free to PM me if you want

You can try again afther the first five, that's 5 ,bans. And that should be plenty of tries.

if you don't like the system, noone is forcing you to abey by the rules.... though you should be prepared to face the consequences of your actions.

It really is quite simple, if you drive reclessly, it migth get you in trouble.

and if you have to drive into the ditch you're driving reclessly.

You can try again afther the first five, that's 5 ,bans. And that should be plenty of tries.

if you don't like the system, noone is forcing you to abey by the rules.... though you should be prepared to face the consequences of your actions.

It really is quite simple, if you drive reclessly, it migth get you in trouble.

and if you have to drive into the ditch you're driving reclessly.

Spoken like someone that doesn't drive in the real world or believes that their perfect and nothing wrong can ever happen. 

So by your standards if an accident happens in front of you and the only way to avoid it is by driving off the road into a ditch to minimize damage to you and your vehicle then that's reckless right? Something is really messed up in your brain if you think that way. 

Also helps your argument just a bit if you can spell things correctly just saying :o

^^^ You shouldn't talk like that: "Something is really messed up in your brain". Tut tut.

However (Back on topic), I can see your point, and if there was a collision up ahead, you'd put the hazard warning lights on, brake hard + parking brake, and (if needed) swerve out the way.

Unfortunately however, unless you're recording your game to show you avoided an accident (for an appeal) an admin would take it that you were driving recklessly and ban you (For example, Puncakes recent ban (which I also don't agree with)).

I shall say no more in case I get a warning point. :/

• Upvote 1

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ycd5ZvcaVE

:( i was banned  for a month by rayray then sgt tailer bans me for 3 months for the same offence that rayray has already punished me for.   :(

DO YOU THINK I SHOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR "intentional blocking" after all he could have just gone round so who am i blocking ???

that's a weak as hell ban lol. The admin for banning you and the admin that extended it should be ashamed of themselves. I wonder if the other player got banned for "blocking" also, probably not though since the mods are so inconsistent.

@heyhococo why shouldn't it? He fails to look at things logically and only see's it his way. He can't fathom that you have to go off road or into a ditch to avoid accidents. So I'll call him out on his faults. He's a broken record that repeats the same thing over and over again. 

• Upvote 1

:( i was banned  for a month by rayray then sgt tailer bans me for 3 months for the same offence that rayray has already punished me for.  :(

DO YOU THINK I SHOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR "intentional blocking" after all he could have just gone round so who am i blocking ???

You do realise you drive on the right side so you should of gone onto the dirt

:( i was banned  for a month by rayray then sgt tailer bans me for 3 months for the same offence that rayray has already punished me for.  :(

that's a weak as hell ban lol. The admin for banning you and the admin that extended it should be ashamed of themselves. I wonder if the other player got banned for "blocking" also, probably not though since the mods are so inconsistent.

@heyhococo why shouldn't it? He fails to look at things logically and only see's it his way. He can't fathom that you have to go off road or into a ditch to avoid accidents. So I'll call him out on his faults. He's a broken record that repeats the same thing over and over again. 

Got a 3 month ban for calling someone a 'cun*' the admin Sgt. Tailor gave me perma but then Chris changed it and I agree with both of you its ridiculous 

• Upvote 1

Pro Twitch Streamer > Clashin_Jon.png                                                     

You do realise you drive on the right side so you should of gone onto the dirt

That depends on who actually has the right of way on that road though. If it's a one way road that's going the same way he is then he has the right of way and the other traffic would have to give way. Their's a ton of roads like that and the gps will send you on them the wrong way. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.