Make report system more easy

carlsagan

Suggestion Name: Make report system easy

Suggestion Description: Make report system easy
Any example images: None
Why should it be added?: Because for now it's almost impossible to report someone. For example, I have 5 screenshots from Rekket (1746) in the wrong way. I think this should be enough to understand what he's done and get banned. There's a name and a number. Why it's not enough? Why I have to look for log files (very confusing, even atsmp folder it's not where should be) and look for truckermp ID (really? how in the hell I will stop my game imediatelly when I'm driving to look for ID). Sorry to say guys, but with these really almost impossible rules, and unnecessary in my pov, the MP will be governed for trolls and people who don't care about simulation or don't care about rules. EDIT: Change "Server ID" for TruckersMP ID would be a great change.

ps.: Sorry if this is the wrong location on forum or repeated topic, hope there's no nazi user to keep saying "search first" or anything like that. Normally people that make suggest only want to help, not be discouraged to like some users do (a few moderators too).

"Trucks don't hit trucks, Truckers hit trucks". By me

The number next to the name in-game is useless in almost every case. It's just their slot ID, not their account ID. That's why we need that to get the exact player.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

So you guys think it's easy and fast to use pinfo command or logfile to know the TruckersMP ID? really?

Well, I have find a easy way minutes ago.

On TruckersMP site, click on Search icon. Then search by the name. Then will you fing on address bar, in the end, the TruckersMP ID. It should be in the profile, but ok, at least is on address bar.

^ I did suggest that a while back, but got rejected.

But, I agree, would be better if we just had the mp id

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

^^

you don't need the SteamID

a better idea would be to use TruckersMP ID ingame as the ID instead of the server thing

Thats the one I was looking for! Something unique to the player, that makes it impossible for them to escape justice!

Kind regards,

Matthew

to be fair, I don't personally report people unless they do something so trolly or stupid that really annoys a lot of people, so I don't use the system a lot, but I do agree with OP that it can be frustrating trying to find the exact ID etc, when an easy fix would be to have all players link their IGID to their Website ID and allow us to have an option in the tab menu to save a persons ID when selected, simple bit of code to add in my opinion

to be fair, I don't personally report people unless they do something so trolly or stupid that really annoys a lot of people, so I don't use the system a lot, but I do agree with OP that it can be frustrating trying to find the exact ID etc, when an easy fix would be to have all players link their IGID to their Website ID and allow us to have an option in the tab menu to save a persons ID when selected, simple bit of code to add in my opinion

I think this would be nice. I add this on the first post, but seems that get denied before and probably will again.

It's a shame since the present report policy is really effective, but people have huge difficulties to report because it's really hard TruckersMP ID.

well, as long as you know the date, and either ingame id, or name, it really isn't that hard to find the truckersmp id ( even if the log still says ets2mp id, even on ats :P )

Just open the log from that day ( log_spawning ), and search for either the name, player tag, or server slott id ( ingame id ).

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

hit 'tab' key

right click mouse button to get curser

select offending player

click 'report player'

choose categories of behavior (ramming, griefing, blocking, etc) 

That is the in-game system way of reporting.

The forum method has a high standard of proof which seems quite clear to protect someone from being falsely accused with it's heaps of necessary evidence (video, logs, etc). But it is tedious, and although well intended, is (IMHO of course) an absurd amount of work to do relative to the rate and amount of times a player may feel the situation justifies trying to report someone.

^ I did suggest that a while back, but got rejected.

But, I agree, would be better if we just had the mp id

Can you honestly say you'll remember 6 numbers? Mine is 19***, but if your not recording and you hit tab than they Tele out and you only looked at their number. Would you be able to find them? I might be good with numbers you might be but others get confused with large numbers (even 4 digits long and are not static all the time like your bank pin that never changes)

That's prob why it got rejected ;)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Yea I know but giving a example where the user id is not a good idea, finding a partial name in the user logs is a whole lot easier than mixing up numbers and finding no-one ;)

problem is, a lot of drivers either don't know how to access the logs or haven't got the time to scroll through to find the offending party to report them, reports don't get made and the offending person carries on doing what they were doing to other people and creating more issues than good, us seasoned MP players know what to do, for the most part, but a lot of new guys and some older guys even, don't know how to properly report people, even though making it easier, would result in a hell of a lot more reports being made, if it was made more simple for the new guys to do, it would make it a lot more effective server wide, I mean, I don't report people that often because unless they do something so outrageous and annoying that it screws multiple people up and causes no end of problems, I feel that it should be left in the past instead of the stupidity we have of people screaming "Report!!!" all the time in chat because someone slightly bumped them or didn't see them when turning or something, it is quite ridiculous the number of people who report for stupid reasons which just tie up admins time and energy in pursuing something that doesn't effect more than one person.

^^

you don't need the SteamID

a better idea would be to use TruckersMP ID ingame as the ID instead of the server thing

The problem with having the TruckersMP ID in game is that there are very long numbers, which make it very easy to type the wrong ID in commands like /kick, /ban, /tpr, /pm and others.

From what I see, this is a website suggestion, so moving it there. Also rejecting it.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.