ATS mp Server

ExilevRandall

Suggestion Name:  A server for MP that can only be used if you have more than 24 hours steam time or more

Suggestion Description: a server that you can only access once you have more than 24 hours steam time game play
Any example images
Why should it be added?: That way when trolls get banned and create a new stream account and game share they wont be able to troll people that want to enjoy the game 

• Upvote 4

We currently require 2 hours of gameplay before switching to MP. Maybe we can increase it if more people support this idea.

• Upvote 2

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

^As above

24 is a bit harsh, it's a LOT of time. Sure, most people who are beneath the age of 20 don't have a job and could do that in a day or two but most of us who actually have a job, you're lucky to get an hour, two a day at most therefore it'd be unfair on those who fit into a sensible category but are being ruled out due to time constraints.

• Upvote 3

Kind regards,

Matthew

^ I understand but I do think it may be a bit harsh to have an "exclusive club" which others may be entitled to join but would take ages to get there due to time constraints.

I also unfortunately don't see them making a server exclusive to a select amount of players, which will be used less than the normal ones. Besides, you can keep the game running on your PC for 24hours, so long as it's open it makes no difference - it isn't "drive time" it's how long the game has been open on Steam and a handful of hours won't stop the odd troll 

Kind regards,

Matthew

Suggestion Name:  A server for MP that can only be used if you have more than 24 hours steam time or more

Suggestion Description: a server that you can only access once you have more than 24 hours steam time game play

Any example images

Why should it be added?: That way when trolls get banned and create a new stream account and game share they wont be able to troll people that want to enjoy the game 

I really do think there should be a server like this because the amount of idiots I've seen racing around, ramming other people, not indicating, running red lights, driving around wrong side of the road and so much more, is pure annoying when trying to play a simulator... So supporting a 24hour Steam account server access would be awesome... Showing the people who want to do realism!

Maybe even a realism server and if you sign in and act like a douche, then maybe a ban for a month or something you know!  Only so many infractions allowed in one month.

• Upvote 1

I would rather see a delivery requirement, sat there last night watching 3 guys play demolition derby and then once me and other made it buy we have to run like hell to keep from getting wrecked. Its just sad when you run a 12 hour trip just to have some troll ruin it.  

• Upvote 2

I would like to have a ats/ets server for more experienced players. But having 24 hourers of playtime doesnt mean they actually played 24 hourers.

For players that would like to join that server coudlnt they just leave the game open for 24 hourers?  And I would be scared that it would split up the players to much.

76561198045612226.png

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 4:12 PM, MaffewE said:

^ I understand but I do think it may be a bit harsh to have an "exclusive club" which others may be entitled to join but would take ages to get there due to time constraints.

I also unfortunately don't see them making a server exclusive to a select amount of players, which will be used less than the normal ones. Besides, you can keep the game running on your PC for 24hours, so long as it's open it makes no difference - it isn't "drive time" it's how long the game has been open on Steam and a handful of hours won't stop the odd troll 

I agree, although a good concept in dealing with people who cant drive very well, but it would mean having double the servers to accommodate those above the limit and below the limit which logistically isn't really smart in terms of both cost and the number of admins needed to keep an eye o everything hat happens, another idea that I think could work better is to restrict those who have less than say 3 hours ingame driving time to a slower speed limit than others, with a tag on their name so that people wont run them over when coming up on them, would stop a lot of the noobie mistakes ive seen people make, but as they say, you learn from your mistakes, and for that to happen, you first have to make those mistakes. you also have to take into account that the MP and SP environments are completely different for a new driver, so saying someone needs 24+hours of SP gameplay before they join still wont solve all the issues a new driver may have, because in SP youre restricted by the AI and surprisingly a lot of drivers do learn their techniques from following the AI, in MP theres no AI so some struggle to grasp the concepts so well, even someone whos got 24, 48, even 72 hours worth of SP experience will still make the same mistakes as someone who has 2 hours of SP experience, so it doesn't really cancel out most of the issues and further depletes the number of people playing online, just because their daily lives don't allow them to have the required hours.

• 3 months later...

To be honest, I don't think that would help either. Cause all I had to do was leave my game running AFK, in the menu screen for 2 hours, while I went for a beer at my buddies house, and when I got back I was able to play MP. So if it was 24 hours, I would just have to AFK for well.. 24 hours instead of 2.. no biggie. Can even alt-tab and watch movies, and steam still counts the time. 

Maybe have a load count requirement instead. That would prevent AFK from being a viable option in this case.. 
Say, 10 loads required with speed limiter engaged, once complete your speed limiter is lifted. 

P.S.  That 2 hours AFK wasn't cause I never played before, I have like 60 hours in game.. I just never had any steam time logged. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.