Speed Limiter? (ATS only)

Inthernet

I agree with limiter at 70mph.

Maybe if it is possible make limiter for every state? cali 55, nevada 80 (70 if 80 is too fast).

But in the end i dont see much difference between 55 and 80.

I dont know about the rest but i dont remember when i had the last accident in ets2, its so long ago, so i would say people have learned to play on the right way, so what ever comes  it will make no difference to me, just dont force ets2 speed limter in ats like some guys said, its america after all.

I am serious here what the difference between Europe 1 that got speed limiter and the other server.. everyone go faster then me and i am at 90kps.. is going above 90 a ban or not?

i put my speed with Km since i am Canadian and used to KM... so when the limiter is on i cannot go pass 90km but everyone go faster.

i drive at the limit on ATS that is 90km, i cannot go higher then that while having the speedlimiter on, but people are still passing me very fast above 100km+... I mean why put a limit if everyone go above the limit.. i do not understand.

The speed limiter that is implemented in the game itself is 90km/h, that's what you are using. You can potentially disable this for the game and go above 90km/h.

When you join Multiplayer (server with speed limiter enabled), the maximum speed is 110km/h, but if you still haven't disabled the speed limiter from the original game (90km/h) then you won't go above 90km/h, whilst others that have disabled the original game speed limiter, are able to go above 90km/h but no more than 110km/h.

Now the difference between an MP server that has speed limiter enabled and one that doesn't is that you are able to go above 110km/h to whatever speed your truck can handle when the speed limiter is turned off. But when speed limiter is turned on for the server, you can only go maximum of 110km/h. But if you still haven't disabled the original 90km/h speed limit then you won't be able to go above 90km/h.

These two speed limits are two different things, it's important to understand that.

The speed limiter that is implemented in the game itself is 90km/h, that's what you are using. You can potentially disable this for the game and go above 90km/h.

When you join Multiplayer (server with speed limiter enabled), the maximum speed is 110km/h, but if you still haven't disabled the speed limiter from the original game (90km/h) then you won't go above 90km/h, whilst others that have disabled the original game speed limiter, are able to go above 90km/h but no more than 110km/h.

Now the difference between an MP server that has speed limiter enabled and one that doesn't is that you are able to go above 110km/h to whatever speed your truck can handle when the speed limiter is turned off. But when speed limiter is turned on for the server, you can only go maximum of 110km/h. But if you still haven't disabled the original 90km/h speed limit then you won't be able to go above 90km/h.

These two speed limits are two different things, it's important to understand that.

Thanks you !!!

As far as I understand, Speed Limiters (Governors) are not mandatory by law in the USA. Some roads in Nevada allow trucks to travel at 80mph legally. Therefore, I could not help noticing the test server for ATS had speed limiter enabled.

What will be the development direction regarding this?

On the subject of mandatory limiters in the USA I heard a few months back that the FMCSA is trying to pass policy requiring them here.

4032341714344438s.jpg 

76561198141524626.png

I hate the speed limiter. Everytime i enter a City Zone while playing on server with the Speed Limiter Icon next to the server, i can't go above 37-38, even when on an interstate that should be going 65. Or if im crossing through one (like the construction zone outside Sacramento. It always slows me down.

So i just play on servers that don't have this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Wapsie locked this topic

Archived