Changing the rules on headlights at night

Zebulink{aus}

Suggestion Name: Changing the rules on headlights at night

Suggestion Description: Adding a time that headlights should be on (ie. 7pm - 7am)

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: Playing with the different mods that are released (currently winter), the sunrise/sunset times are different with the mod, as without. Adding a required timeframe that headlights must be on would remove confusion as to whether brightness (though still recommended) would play a part in ghosting (driving at night without headlights), and make it easier for Admin to consider bans.

Example 1 (currently): Player 1 is driving at 7pm ingame time with the winter mod enabled, sees player 2 driving without lights, reports player 2 using recorded footage, Admin bans player for alotted time. Yet player 2 was not using the winter mod and the sun was still up.

Example 2 (changed rule): Modified rule states that headlights must be on between 9pm and 7am. Considering the previous case, player 2 would not be banned even if player 1 was showing night time, as it hadn't reached the time that headlights must be on

• Upvote 1

An8mXaY.png

Although what happens once all weather mods are discontinued from MP\?

That is why time should be made around either the base game sunset, or a seasonal mod that has a later sunset. The examples of times I used are examples and it would be up to admin to decide on times, if the suggestion is accepted

An8mXaY.png

I personally think that this would be an improvement, as once we get rid of the Winter mod (  :( ) the times will be synced properly, and everyone will have the same running time. It makes it easier as to when we think the lights should be on, and perhaps an automatic message in the chat could be an option as well!! :D

except, if you're up north in the dlc area, the sun sets later.

And, as a side note, this is allready covered in the rules....

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

Banned for having no lights on? I think it is just a kick however I think a timeframe would be good so we know when to turn lights on and off. Or peoplebxpuld just leave their lights on, like me, I don't worry about the lights because they are always on :D

• Upvote 1

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

I agree, a timeframe is a good idea to show when lights need to be turned off and on. +1

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

I actually quite like the sound of this idea I must say! Definitely something that should be added to the rules in my opinion, and possibly an in-game warning message as well when the timeframe starts/ends perhaps?

+1 from me

I sometimes see the Admins sending messages to us, regarding the ghost driving, and that we should turn our lights on. I guess we should all always have the lights on (This doesn't mean you can use your 30 lights with high beams 24/7, as I sometimes see <_< ). But normal lights shouldn't affect anyone's gameplay.

Besides, the weather is not synced, you'll need more the lights with rain / snow, than some with clear skies.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

-1 I'd just like to say that there are lighting problems in the game. Often if there was no clock in-game, I would be able to go all night with no headlights. I don't, obviously. However in certain places (Scotland, Norway in particular), it doesnt seem necessary. I think the times that you said should be later at night, 8.30-9.00PM

High End Transport VTC:

Driver

High End Event Management:

Convoy Control Operator

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.