Truck [only] Collissions in Companies

Gorkal1ty

^ All right, but let me tell you this: Back in the past, the game didn't have the NCZs. Does anyone know why were the NCZs added?

That's true, but no one is saying that every place should be collision zone. As Noraf is saying, we will ofcourse have to keep repair shops, ferries, etc. no collision, but the discussion is about companies. I have mentioned this before (somewhere) that back when Scandinavia DLC got released, everywhere was collision zone. Result? People payed respect to eachother. They realised that you couldn't just speed through everyone anymore, so they waited. A natural que system developed. And it worked. But considering a lot has happened since then, it should be tried out again, as there are many new members of the community, and public opinion may have changed. 

• Upvote 2

^ All right, but let me tell you this: Back in the past, the game didn't have the NCZs. Does anyone know why were the NCZs added?

The NCZ were implemented because trailers went flying as they respawn. None thought of making only trailers NC and I guess that way was also easier for the programmers. I´m agree with @aaaMArtin about Scandinavia, when it was released and NCZs were not implemented lots of drivers realize how fun it was to respect and wait in queues for others to park.

Then it was suggested to keep it that way and no admins nor motherators answered, MWL just implemented the NCZs again with no words on it. Now some of us want to make a try and yep, this post is still here with no further "investigation".

• Upvote 2

lkRjRkb.png

• Project Manager

Its a good idea but i can see this not working especially in rotterdam as people with trailers will just queue skip past people waiting with no trailer. So all in all in a quiet city yes. However in Rotterdam or another place with high activity.

Kind Regards,

Whitelodge

spacer.png | spacer.png

Rules | Knowledge Base | Report a Player | Provide Feedback

^ How about you read the tread??

It's allready stated that roterdam should be an excemption from this....

from the first post

****snipp****

Some cities should be considered as High Populated Areas so the NCZ should stay as now in those (Amsterdan, Rotterdam, Paris, Hamburg,...)

***snipp***

though, i probably should adhere to my own signature.....

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

Would be easier for trolls to troll

How many times you were annoyed by trolls blocking entrances (cause it can be easily done) in cities appart from Rotterdam or similars?

How many times you were annoyed by drivers parking through you while you wait for a couple of ones to park first?

Now evaluate the choice.

• Upvote 1

lkRjRkb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I still see this as a good idea, and would love for it to be tried out, in smal scale first.

Using a dlc area does sound like a good place to start, maybe even just one country from a dlc, if the dev think adding this (or rather removing it.... ;) ) from a whole dlc area is a bit much for a test?

Really don't want this idea to disappear from the first page of suggestions btw.....

• Upvote 1

Something i've noticed last few days....

If we're using external contracts (et), we might end up with a problem here...

When you select to do an et, you'll get teleported to the company lot, and attatched to your trailer.

Just like as with quick jobs, though, with et, you own the truck.

I'm affraid this could make life really hard for this idea, but i'd love to hear what the devs think of this?

• Upvote 1

^  Gorkal1ty, on 12 Nov 2015 - 09:13, said:

Quick Job Spawning will do the same:

Quick Job Spawning should apply the No Collission to the Truck too. If devs could differ from that kind of spawning, wont be a mayor issue. If they cant... then let´s make a try and see how many accidents are caused.

i think its the same spawning like Quick Jobs and i like this suggestion +1

To Noraf:

Words from TheFlyingDutchman, in another post

we cannot make a NCZ's bigger or smaller,as we only make some places NCZ as port and companies,service,truck companies, so if we decide to do this we can only do the whole server as NCZ as what we did got as freeroam (example)

i did ask kat_pw 

Dunno if the coding can make this idea work... I've got my doubts after reading that :mellow:

Although it's nice in theory I wonder how it'd work in practice. Often enough there will be 3+ others on a company lot, most of them not knowing how to reverse. Waiting for all of them isn't what I think of as fun. That's assuming we'll be able to organize an orderly queue without blocking people trying to park or leave.

Remember you can't trial this with a limited scope. A server with not too many people in it isn't going to have the same contention for space as there would be in a full server. Self-selection bias would probably make for a more serious and skillful population. If the trial works, of course that's nice, but it isn't representative of widespread deployment.

It seems they forgot to add some NCZs. Last time I was at Konstnorr, Helsingborg I don't think there was one. Are there other examples? Perhaps they'll prove useful if they're statistically like the other companies.

• 2 weeks later...

There are issues with this idea that stop me from seeing it working. For instance, some depots have spaces where only 1 truck can drive through at a time. If a whole bunch of people show up (maybe a convoy?) you're going to have serious issues with getting in and out.  Also, people will have to find other areas to park. This will just make garages, service areas and possibly road side emergency lanes pretty packed. You've also got to remember that if a depot is full its going to cause traffic to back out onto the streets.

I think it might be a bit too confusing for people to keep track as well. If you've been doing jobs out in the middle of nowhere, then showing up at Rotterdam, I can see people driving into those depots pretty rapidly.

Good idea in theory, but I'm not sure how well it would work in practice.  

^So, you're not paitient anough to wait your turn? ;) (or read the whole tread?)

High dentisy areas, like rotterdam, ports and trains, should stay likt it is today, to lessen the "chaos".

I really need to get a picture of a factory close by, where it's a common sight that there are 10+ trucks waiting in line for their pickup...

It really are uncommon that you don't have to wait, as it is ingame now.

And, that is what we're trying to mend with this suggestion. Also note, we're suggesting that this is tried out in small scale first, to see if it is possible to have it this way ( like it was when the going north dlc first was released btw ).

NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!!!!

1. 80% of players do not know the rules of the road!

2. 87% of players do not respect others!

Look at the exit from the service(CTO)! Nobody misses! Everyone needs to go even if the damage and its cargo truck!

Is clearly seen that the player in firm to unload the trailer. No! Nobody wants to wait!

ResTed.gif

Бронзовый призёр в номинации "Сотрудник поддержки 2016"

Game Moderator Leader of the Year 2019 - #2

TMPForum.png

^we're still hoping for a limited trail area of this.

Ie : one server, and in a dlc area. High populated areas should not be included in the trail.

Well, rl drivers usualy are in a rush aswell, they still have to wait their turn....

And, as stated numerous times before, high populated areas, sutch as Rotterdam, Paris and such, and ferry & train crossings, should not be changed, but still be kept like they are today

• 1 year later...
On 12.11.2015 at 9:13 AM, Gorkal1ty said:

Enable collissions for trucks [not trailers] in companies.

This is not going to happen due to the fact that there are 3500 players at peak times on the server, making it impossible to force people to wait until it is they turn. People will eventually become inpatient and want to get their trailer as quickly as possible. Also, it could be abused by trolls who use their trucks to ram other people inside the company zones.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.