American Truck Simulator not coming until next year

aaaMArtin

I think they may have a few more DLC's they want to sell at Xmas for ETS2 before ATS is released knowing the market for ETS2 will most likely lose a good share of its players when that happens. Scary to think how it may effect MP considering what the Cabin Accessories DLC did to server performance. Still many countries in Europe not well represented some not at all.

One of the things that seems problematic to me with ATS is if the players of ETS2 have as many problems driving a Euro truck I can't wait until they try driving a conventional Peterbuilt or Kenworth with full sleeper and add dual trailers to that equation  I can see why they won't be releasing until...? I can hear the beta testers now, we need to make the roads WIDER, all of them. Just think of the marketing strategies, sell ATS for $29.99 and then sell the Euro Trucks Pack DLC for $59.99. Be interesting to see how it all plays out. I predict a big comeback of American cabover models.

I completely forgot about that part. I think that is odd as well. I use a controller when playing this game, and I can't map all the things I want on my controller. How are they supposed to do it?

I guess there would be a system similer to Farming Simulator where you press a button which swaps the controls to the secondaries and back.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

I guess there would be a system similer to Farming Simulator where you press a button which swaps the controls to the secondaries and back.

That's actually not a bad idea. However, there are still many features used while driving, that is hard to map on a single controller. I mean, first of all you have gas, brake, steering and looking around. That's two joysticks and two triggers. Then you have lights, beacons, wipers, indicators (left, right, hazard), high beam, horn/air horn, light horn, engine brake, trailer brake, change view, pause, shifting... I mean... I think you get my point. 

@CruiseN

To know if you can handle American trucks one does exist in game ;) the Benz is the closest then you get the high power cargo, and simply start driving :P

That's why I drove a modded Benz for so long XD

For me the comparison between the MP4 or earlier Actros vs. conventional Pete or Kenny is like comparing a Porsche and a Cadillac Coupe de ville. The big American rigs are meant for Interstate transport, big 3,4 and 5 lane snakes that go for thousands of miles and then terminate at a distro hub outside of a major city where they're off loaded  to smaller trucks such as the 325/330 for local distribution. You rarely see a 579 or 389 in the city. We call the new PACCAR built

models Peckerbuilt's. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived