ASUS GeForce GTX 960 STRIX 2GB - Any good for this game?

KGT l xTH3xMoDsZx l UK

^^

Both are guilty, yes. But Nvidia have been playing very rough compared to AMD. I'm aware of the whining sound on AMD Fury, but they were lettting the customers return the card. That didn't Nvidia do. I'm having a Nvidia card myself, nd i'm very happy with it. But there's no reaseon to protect Nvidia after those two scandals as some people are doing.

I was thinking more fake benchmarks and flat out misleading statements ("overclocker's dream" - Talking about a card (FuryX IIRC) that barely overclocks, you'd get an extra 100Mhz on the core if you're lucky) rather than the whine on the FuryX tbh. It's just the world we live in I guess, we can't really trust anything these big companies say. 

It's shitty that Nvidia did it, but at the end of the day, if it wasn't gimped in the way it was, it'd be 980. That and the 970 is still the same card it was at launch. 

The GTX960 will do it's job fine, advantages against the R9 380:

-Lower TDP (power costs)

-More features (e.g photoshop, faster rendering in sony vegas and more..)

-Better drivers

I think, depending of your CPU that it might get stable 50-60 fps on Ultra, 200-400% scaling, but again; a lot of that is decided by the CPU.

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

Isn't it best to check how good the card is before you buy it? ;)

Jokes aside that card just about outperforms my r9 280x 3gb. I get steady high fps in game but it really struggles in busy cities.

My best advice for you is don't just select the preset "low medium high" graphics, do custom settings and set the textures to high and everything else low.

When I put it on medium, the map looks like gta San Andreas and get about 30fps lol, when I go into custom settings, I can make them game appear higher detail and get over 40-50fps

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

The ASUS seems to have the best cooler out of all the major 960 manufacturers.  (Ironically, the ASUS 970 has the worst).  I run a graphics card of a similar performance (GTX 770) and it's fine up to 200% scaling on high settings.  Have to turn the shadows and mirrors to medium to reduce microstutters.  Also, I get microstutters at 300% scaling and above.

^ For your CPU? wat

If he'd go with a R9 380, I guess he'd have to upgrade his PSU, bcuz AMD is power hungry 

Maybe... What PSU do you have  xTH3xMoDsZx

I was thinking more fake benchmarks and flat out misleading statements ("overclocker's dream" - Talking about a card (FuryX IIRC) that barely overclocks, you'd get an extra 100Mhz on the core if you're lucky) rather than the whine on the FuryX tbh. It's just the world we live in I guess, we can't really trust anything these big companies say. 

It's shitty that Nvidia did it, but at the end of the day, if it wasn't gimped in the way it was, it'd be 980. That and the 970 is still the same card it was at launch. 

You are right, but some overblown marketing is quite abit different from the fragmente memory. We should not forget that before every cards launch there will be false benchmarks, so this was nothing new for the AMD Fury X. It was not the overclockers dream, but that didn't really have a defination, so you can't judge them for that. 

The GTX960 will do it's job fine, advantages against the R9 380:

-Lower TDP (power costs)

-More features (e.g photoshop, faster rendering in sony vegas and more..)

-Better drivers

I think, depending of your CPU that it might get stable 50-60 fps on Ultra, 200-400% scaling, but again; a lot of that is decided by the CPU.

R9 380 Advantages against the GTX 960

- A LOT better preformance 

- 4GB Of Vram istead of 2. 

Only two advantages, but those are very important. The R9 380 is a lot faster than the GTX 960, also the R9 380 has the double amount of Vram. You shouldn't buy a card with 2GB Vram new today...

R9 380 Advantages against the GTX 960

- A LOT better preformance 

- 4GB Of Vram istead of 2. 

Only two advantages, but those are very important. The R9 380 is a lot faster than the GTX 960, also the R9 380 has the double amount of Vram. You shouldn't buy a card with 2GB Vram new today...

What's the point in having better equipment when the software is garbage? Think nvidia as a Apple product built to work perfectly together (usually)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Inactive topic. Locked & moved to archive.

If you want this topic re-opened, please feel free to send me a PM about it.

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

Archived