Own paintjobs in multiplayer

Verstappa

ok so  if lets say you buy a dlc paint job  only does who have the dlc can see your paint job  if they dont have the dlc paint  job you got  they will only see a blank truck  like it might be all white  truck if you know what i mean  and  you make your own paint  jobs  but only  in single player  if your talking about mp it wont happen because  scs software  might no like it of the idea or it just lots of work to do rember they are busy with the admin car ats so give them time   you can see and ask on scs software forums  im not sure if they will accept  if you want to make your own skin paint job not sure what you mean :P

76561198098873827.png

Custom paintjobs won't work online. You can only use the paintjobs that come with the DLC's or base game.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Servers won't even allow you to connect  - for others to view it, they'll have to have it downloaded (imagine like 500 000ppl all having their custom paintjob - MP's size will be enormous)

How about custom paintjob PNGs hosted on i.e. imgur.com and downloaded before spawning the truck? Of course there should be file size limit because imagine driving to Rotterdam and BAM, your client has to download 50-100 MBs of skins.

But I think this should work. It works in Live for Speed, there's max 20 players at time and they use their servers, but I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work in ETS2MP as well.

EDIT:

They could be uploaded in "Edit Account" tab and waiting for mod or any other person to verify if it doesn't include any inappropriate content.

Smooth shiftin brothers

oh dam  well when  i use  to talk about the game people tell me  its owned by scs software xd sry guys  lol   but don't use rember  when i use to talk about the mp mod  lol  i think some one  in the comment said  go to scs and talk on the forums about the mod :P

the GAME is owned by scs, they are the devs of the GAME, NOT the multiplayer MOD. and youre mistaken as we told you to got to SCSs forum about YOUR queries into the base game and things you wanted to see, not the MOD.

^ Paintjobs are DDS files, and many people have slow internet which takes some time (4 seconds - 5 seconds?) to download..

But I think imgur doesn't support DDS files, so some automated converted would be needed.

Also I though why not send this own paintjob synchronisation idea to SCS so they could implement it ingame with World of Trucks synchronisation and so it could be multiplayer friendly so MP devs wouldn't have to figure everything out.

Smooth shiftin brothers

But I think imgur doesn't support DDS files, so some automated converted would be needed.

Also I though why not send this own paintjob synchronisation idea to SCS so they could implement it ingame with World of Trucks synchronisation and so it could be multiplayer friendly so MP devs wouldn't have to figure everything out.

Why would scs implementd such stuff when you can easily add custom paintjobs as a normal Mod?

In Singleplayer you do not need a skin sync for the skins.......and they wont add features for this mod into the game ;)

^ have selected skins as mods?

Example popular vtc's

Personally I'd like in-game company skins for trucks to make it seem like the truck is owned by the company (seen in Canada with big companies), but that's something for scs. But otherwise yes dds files can get big but if packed right they can be initially downloaded fast.

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived