What would you do?

MaffewE

What would you do in this situation? Country roads... people are pulling trailers, you are not. They're doing 45-50 and although I don't exactly condone breaking speed limits - it is a game at the end of the day so I could easily do 68 as most people do apart from approaching speed cameras. Anyway so I overtake a player (Am-Trans Matius [PL]) and then there's no issue, although I do believe he is a bit 'miffed' I have overtaken him as he swurved into the middle of the road in what looked like an attempt to overtake me again, however at this point I am between him and another polish player. The other polish player braked at a toll point and I was pretty close so luckily didn't have a trailer, managed to stop however I got ploughed into by Matius and then reported, kicked by Fyzz08. for "reckless driving".

Reckless for stopping and him being too close to me, really? I swear some of the reports are either taken too lightly or completely one-sided. The only reckless thing I did was crash and tip in an attempt of stating I had no other way but to either stop or plough into another player.

I know it's only a kick I just believe it's ridiculous that someone got away with reporting me for something that was their fault, just because I follow someone close in front (the same in real when I'm driving a car, yes I can actually drive) doesn't mean it's my fault if you did hit me from behind. That's your problem for being too close and not giving yourself enough room to manoeuvre.

Some people get on my goat on this game haha. 

Kind regards,

Matthew

Admins can only judge on what they see when they get there. It's better to record your gameplay so you can proof anything if required if you get banned.

To others: I don't think it's good to post if you don't take the time to read an entire post. You might be missing some details someday and create useless posts because of it.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Frog, Krav, please - if you are too lazy to read it, better don't  bother posting useless "crab"

Anyway, Back to topic: It seems to me that the 2 Polish players were driving together in a convoy and you just wedged yourself between them

Personally, I would've stay behind them and outbreak/outaccelerate them @ the tolls (why? Because sequential shifting and unrealistic braking intensity ftw)

Frog, Krav, please - if you are too lazy to read it, better don't  bother posting useless "crab"

Anyway, Back to topic: It seems to me that the 2 Polish players were driving together in a convoy and you just wedged yourself between them

Personally, I would've stay behind them and outbreak/outaccelerate them @ the tolls (why? Because sequential shifting and unrealistic braking intensity ftw)

I'm not sure if they were in convoy but it is kinda what happened, however there was plenty of room between all of us and I waited until there was a relatively straight piece to do it, I don't see how it's my fault that he crashed into me when the person in front braked, I braked (think lag came into play with the braking) and then I get ploughed into the back of because he's not happy I overtook him?

If you tailgate in RL i hope you wear a seatbelt then cos only a matter of time before someone in fronts slams the brakes on for something and you plow thro the windscreen down the bonnet.

Nono, I don't tailgate IRL. I do get close when I'm in traffic but that's barely 5mph so you have more than enough time to stop, if you didn't I'd consider the person a spanner. I am one of the only people that does actually follow the speed limit in RL and I always wear a seat-belt, besides you'd get pulled over and fined and most cars 'bong' until you or your passengers put one on. But I get what you're saying, I do keep acceptable distance.

Exactly what Firestarter said, and I would guess anything that you attempted to overtake them in a blind curve and double lanes because you just couldn't wait a minute to pass at the toll or other appropriate location. 

As above (mod) I didn't go past him on a blind curve nor double lines and I couldn't pass at the toll they went through the auto-gate and the driver I over-took was slowing down and speeding up then slowing down so had no consistency. I did overtaken the first driver beyond the gate at a 'straight point' in the road and they didn't complain or seem bothered.

I feel like either people take this game to the extreme and get annoyed when someone overtakes them because of their awful driving or just because they want to get past - I let people past and have no issue in this sense. If someone wants to get past, so long as they don't crash into me "purposefully" then whats the problem?

Not sure what people use to record however I'd rather not record the whole game constantly in anticipation of someone crashing into me or everytime I overtake.

Kind regards,

Matthew

Obs is usefull.

I've set mine up with a minute buffer.

Works like a dash cam. Hit The asigned dump key, and last minute of gaming are saved

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

I think you've been righteously kicked. You were simply speeding and reading from your story, things being a close call, you were creating a dangerous situation. Yes, it may be a game after all, but you gotta understand that there's 2 groups on this game: a) The serious, (traffic) rules obeying players and b.)The educational, pedal to the metal crazy players. Now, most of the players from b.) think they own the road and can do whatever they want, like you for example. Like you said, you weren't driving with a trailer. So why did you rush? Maybe you get a feeling of being a winner after overtaking someone, but if you overtake someone it would most likely be a player from group a, which quite enjoy being overtaken for realistic purposes. But please, use your brain next time and don't drive like it's Euro Formula 1 Simulator. 

Thank you.

What would you do in this situation? Country roads... people are pulling trailers, you are not. They're doing 45-50 and although I don't exactly condone breaking speed limits - it is a game at the end of the day so I could easily do 68 as most people do apart from approaching speed cameras. Anyway so I overtake a player (Am-Trans Matius [PL]) and then there's no issue, although I do believe he is a bit 'miffed' I have overtaken him as he swurved into the middle of the road in what looked like an attempt to overtake me again, however at this point I am between him and another polish player. The other polish player braked at a toll point and I was pretty close so luckily didn't have a trailer, managed to stop however I got ploughed into by Matius and then reported, kicked by Fyzz08. for "reckless driving".

Reckless for stopping and him being too close to me, really? I swear some of the reports are either taken too lightly or completely one-sided. The only reckless thing I did was crash and tip in an attempt of stating I had no other way but to either stop or plough into another player.

I know it's only a kick I just believe it's ridiculous that someone got away with reporting me for something that was their fault, just because I follow someone close in front (the same in real when I'm driving a car, yes I can actually drive) doesn't mean it's my fault if you did hit me from behind. That's your problem for being too close and not giving yourself enough room to manoeuvre.

Some people get on my goat on this game haha. 

@MaffewE lol last man standing  I reported  38 users in 2 days  xd  I want a wide record  of at least 1000 or more   next ats :lol:  :lol: :lol:  

76561198098873827.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived