Realistic Settings

Anrik

Well, most realistic feeling is when you have to do everything on your own. (Except for shifting, here you can use a automatic transmission setup as well)

So, no automatic retarder (except for driving with cruise control), and brakes, depending on your truck

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

You want realism?

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/15072-j-spec-trucks-the-new-cool-trend/

Anyway, I found this brake setting most realistic... 

t2rJ1Gl.png

You want to stop, that's not easy , Good route to follow: Don't go over 90 on high way, 70 over single lane. 

This video can give you a little bit idea, compared to all "promo" videos of how amazing their brands brake system. 

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

that focus driver had to be drunk what the hell was he doing :o

"she" was trying to do what most people do in the game, overtaking before the exit she will go out and rush to the exit, ofcourse didn't see the slowed down other vehicles...

She is lucky to be okay with a few broken bones.

Lesson to learn: Do not overtake before your exit, wait in line! 

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

if people don't realise it, but if you join EU1 youre fixed to 68MPH at full so speed isn't a concern, the higher the speeds people can get, the more trolls you find because they can hit you at full speed then, but really realistic controls are to drivers preference and take on realism in game. I find that going 68MPH and needing to make an emergency stop with my brake settings and can push the pedal to the floor and activate full retarder and stop fairly quickly depending on the trailer weight at the time.

I have brakes at 75%. It's not the most realistic setting, but i almost never fully engage my brake, unless some moron almost causes an accident. 

I was using the default brake at 50% and it stops ridiculously fast.  I had the trailer stability at 50% and it never comes close to tipping or anything regardless of how sharp I would turn going 80/90 kmh.  Trying to find a spot where they are a bit more realistic

I use all the simulator stuff (air pressure, speed limit, non-automatic retarder, etc) with manual range transmission (even modern trucks have automatic gearboxes so that could be just up to you) in my G25.

I tried with all Tráiler Stability and Brake Intensity at default 50% and it felt just ridiculuously arcade. I mean, if you wanna feel safe in MP you will be able to brake in the Highway in 5m if you push the brake intensity into 100%, but that´s not realistic.

It trully depends on the truck (some trucks brake a lot more than others) and take into account the load you´re carrying. In my case, I usually drive with about 15-20% in both Tráiler Stability and Brake Intensity. I still think my truck brakes too much (you can go from 90km/h into 0 with both brakes and retarder in about 3 secs, but at least I can feel the weight affecting much more into those distances and be really smoother with my pedal braking.

lkRjRkb.png

Archived