Texting and Driving

edgarinskas

I don't see what's wrong with it, needs to be a toggle though, since not everyone might like this, but it can make typing definitely a lot easier, seeing you're on a highway a lot of the times, and can't really type much without having to turn a bit.

If you allow it with steering wheels, then it might as well be allowed for keyboards too. :P

+1

• Upvote 1

Texting and driving is dangerous and sometimes, illegal.

YOU WANT REALISM THIS IS REALISM\

jk

but seriously, -1

Buy an Xbox 360/One controller

Be considerate as not everybody is willing to buy a controller to use only for 1 game just to chat.

• Upvote 1

cheap mics

meh

horrible

I'd rather buy something decent

still if youre working on a budget... better than causing multiple pileups because youre not paying attention to the road trying to type no matter whether this "idea" is added or not. if youre on the keyboard controls then a mic is a much safer bet than trying to type no matter what is added, to me it doesn't seem to have a big impact on the game to be added, even now typing ingame is a cause for a lot of accidents because youre not watching the road in front of you, youre more interested in what youre typing to people...

...meanwhile after updating to windows 10...

Hey cortana, say to convoy leader, that i'll need to fuel soon

Hey cortana, say to player nummer[9999] that he is an assh... and I'll report him for ramming me!

-> Do you want me to report him?

-> Yes, please!

:D    :D    :D ...PROBLEM SOLVED... :D    :D   :D

• Upvote 2

Hum, gives me an idea, something with Voice Attack, you configure a bunch of predefined answers and Voice Attack just send it to the chat window. I might try that tonight. 

I've given Voice Attack a try and it worls perfectly, I've defined a few words or sentences that could be useful, I can create as many as I want and I just say "Sorry" for example, and voice attack presses Y, then "I'm sorry" followed by enter.

It works very very well.

What kind of words or sentences would you need if you had this application? How would you use it? What would you say?

qzrdb4.jpg

• Upvote 1

I've given Voice Attack a try and it worls perfectly, I've defined a few words or sentences that could be useful, I can create as many as I want and I just say "Sorry" for example, and voice attack presses Y, then "I'm sorry" followed by enter.

It works very very well.

What kind of words or sentences would you need if you had this application? How would you use it? What would you say?

qzrdb4.jpg

Update, I can control pretty much everything, if the game has a Key bind to a function, I can use that, like I say "Hazards On" which presses F, I say "Hazards Off" it presses F again and they turn off. Same for GPS, Mirrors, Wipers, lights, Trailer Attach, parking brake, etc. etc. 

It works very well :)

Holy crap that's cool! Never heard of that program before.

It works very very well.

qzrdb4.jpg

Sysgen,

Could make if it is possible, a forum tutorial for all users?
Do you have the demo or full version? (21 days Free Trail  :((but only $8.00 (U.S. = 7,18€)
I would be very grateful. ;)

I have the full version and I downloaded a beta a version that does Voice tot text conversions, so this means that I could do the following.

I say: new message, VA responds Recording

Now I say anything I want, "Hey how are you, long time no see"

I then pause and say "Send message" and VA will open the chat window and paste my text to the chat :) except...

The chat window does not accept pasting text to it.........

It would be amazing if it did.

I'd like to make a tutorial, I could even supply the VA profile for anyone to download if there is interest. I might make a video.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.