Texting and Driving

edgarinskas

Suggestion Name: Safer texting?

Suggestion Description: Be able to steer ( With arrow keys ) when typing (in the chat).

Any example images: Nope.

Why should it be added?: 100 times safer texting. It's so hard to type word's especially when in convoy's you need to stop for fuel but you can't ask because you can easily crash while texting.

Sorry for my Very,VERY bad english.

EDIT: I don't need any controllers because they make no difference to me and i don't need teamspeak and i don't use it. So stop shouting at me these sentences: BUY THE FKIN CONTROLLER OR USE TEAMSPEAK!!

YESNO

• Upvote 6

Texting and driving is dangerous and sometimes, illegal.

YOU WANT REALISM THIS IS REALISM\

jk

but seriously, -1

Buy an Xbox 360/One controller

• Upvote 1

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

Well, don't forget its a simulator game, create something that makes easy type at chat while driving is a little stupid... Its not the focus of the game.

Btw, its not that really hard to type while driving, i do that always and really really really rarelly i crash someone...

The mp has a teamspeak for that, and [ in specific cases ] your own company has one too, (maybe?).

For the ones that used G27, Drive G Force and etc flywheels, or xbox controller, I don't have idea for how works to type ( on my case i use keyboard on the normal WASD mode).

---

Easier way to say somethings in convoý ( as me do... )

1- Fuel = gas

2- workshop = workshop

3- left / right = < or >

If you have agility or even a little slow, you can easily type things like that while your driving... Well, thats my way and always work.

42sT4Qb.png

to be fair with a g27 like mine its really easy to do, but in respect to the game adding something that's really unnecessary like easier chat when its all ready easy to use defeats the point. if you want to chat to someone on steam then wait till you can pull off the road or download the steam app or something like that. 

You can actually drive and text so it's not "unrealistic".

Yes you can, but its forbidden in most country. I can't tell you how many times I see ppl driving and texting at the same time! It drives me nuts and everytime I see someone texting and driving, I want to get out of my car ,open their door, take their phone and throw it against the ground as hard as I can.

i7 3770k @4.0Ghz, R9 280X Dual-X, 8GB Kingston Hyper X, Cooler Master SilentPro, G27, Track IRv5

besides I never said it was unrealistic, I was saying that in most countries its illegal to text and drive so why put it into a game where its a simulation of driving IRL? nothing to do with the realism or not, im just saying that most countries don't allow it in Europe (as far as I know) and seeing as this is EURO truck simulator 2.....

M8. Be honest. You never tried to play ETS2 with a controller nor a wheel. "It makes no difference to me". Dude. Do u even drive brah? It even is a huuuge difference between driving with WASD and just WS and the mouse. Before you say, that there is no difference for you, you would have had to try it out.

By the way you can text while driving with the mouse.

Yes you can, but its forbidden in most country. I can't tell you how many times I see ppl driving and texting at the same time! It drives me nuts and everytime I see someone texting and driving, I want to get out of my car ,open their door, take their phone and throw it against the ground as hard as I can.

And why -1? I don't get it why you don't like my idea? what is wrong with it? Read it then vote.

Btw. Yes, same, idiots better call them* or use "siri" :DD

*The ppls they are texting to

M8. Be honest. You never tried to play ETS2 with a controller nor a wheel. "It makes no difference to me". Dude. Do u even drive brah? It even is a huuuge difference between driving with WASD and just WS and the mouse. Before you say, that there is no difference for you, you would have had to try it out.

By the way you can text while driving with the mouse.

Not everyone are the same. Yes it's kinda fun but nah i prefer keyboard. (plz no hate :(()

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.