Suggestion to enable a mod - LED FLASH BEACON

mentalista666

This is my first post, hope you like it and consider the idea.

Suggestion Name: Enable LED Flash Beacon mod

Suggestion Description: well, it just have no description, it's just a led beacon

Any example images https://youtu.be/v9UHUT8-w9E

flash-beacon-460x258.jpg

Why should it be added?:

I think it would be really cool to have this mod on ETS2MP. This shouldn't be a mod though, it should be already included in the game, but it's not... I bet people will like this mod :)

This mod doesn't cause any lag at any computer, they have no reflections. Default beacons cause more lag

Credits: Big T, SCS software

MOD:    http://ets2.lt/en/4-led-flash-beacon/

• Upvote 8

76561198036455845.pngAddFriend.png

Please not. I see millions of trucks (maybe just ~5)  ^_^ that have no trailer but still are driving around with all beacon switched on, daily   :wacko:

We don't know if this causes lag until it is tested but I don't think it is a good idea because beacons anyway cause players to loose frames and the more beacons people have, the more lag the people with potato computers will suffer, -1

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

We don't know if this causes lag until it is tested but I don't think it is a good idea because beacons anyway cause players to loose frames and the more beacons people have, the more lag the people with potato computers will suffer

Please not. I see millions of trucks (maybe just ~5)  ^_^ that have no trailer but still are driving around with all beacon switched on, daily   :wacko:

Well, give it both a try on sigle player mode and check if it lags or it doesn't. It's like the orange/white lights you put on the lower bars, just a small light.

In addition, one option could be a beacon usage limitation:

• Drivers can't use beacons unless they carry a heavy load trailer.

• If they use them just carrying a small trailer or no trailer (which could cause some lag), they get warnings, and maybe get kicked after 2 or 3 warnings.

It's just an idea, I don't try to make the rules here...

But think about it, this beacons VS default beacons: no more orange lights around trucks, clean enviroment, less lag, more visibility.

BTW, please guys, read the update above. Just discovered version v1.2, adding 2 more colors! :D

Obviously the only ones allowed to use would be the orange ones. If people used red or blue ones, it would be a chaos lol

• Upvote 1

I like the idea, wont be hard to code either. +1!!

it will be hard to code and secondly we all we need to download the mod and i quite franckly dont wont this mod cuz i dont like the looks of it and the potential that people or going to do something to produce lag is guaranteed 

veteran3.png.00cc537938db70681c433a3de1c

78feccb3735d4d601c213217d51504ad.png In Game Status:status.png

5bdbc323038b92f79529c309a81d3847.png   ||  50b10f433129aa1b36b61c39f11c9548.png  ||  6713a22eca15b698d909cd3166af3950.png

it will be hard to code and secondly we all we need to download the mod and i quite franckly dont wont this mod cuz i dont like the looks of it and the potential that people or going to do something to produce lag is guaranteed 

This mod is just 268KB, and I don't really think it will cause any lag, or at least more lag than default beacons, I bet, but I won't know that until it's tested.

I really don't know if it would be hard to code, but would be cool

• Upvote 1

I´m agree with the mod, and I think it may fit well without any lag issue, BUT, I´m not sure about that "beacon ussage" law, is there already a similar law? I think it should, and I still see lots and lots (and more) drivers who wont take more lights in their truck just in case the game doesnt allow them to do so. And beacons are just annoying, in case we add more flashy things... this is gonna become a huge Circus-Truck Simulator.

In case a good law and report system, or any other "beacons can only be activated when carrying x cargo" programmed feature, then I wouldnt care about this content.

• Upvote 1

lkRjRkb.png

No, it won´t cause lag as it don´t have any reflections.

@FlyingDutchman, you can just remove those coulors ;)

since it have red and blue you all know that these colors are used by the police so therefor it's not allowed to be used by the players

• Upvote 1

I´m agree with the mod, and I think it may fit well without any lag issue, BUT, I´m not sure about that "beacon ussage" law, is there already a similar law? I think it should, and I still see lots and lots (and more) drivers who wont take more lights in their truck just in case the game doesnt allow them to do so. And beacons are just annoying, in case we add more flashy things... this is gonna become a huge Circus-Truck Simulator.

In case a good law and report system, or any other "beacons can only be activated when carrying x cargo" programmed feature, then I wouldnt care about this content.

since it have red and blue you all know that these colors are used by the police so therefor it's not allowed to be used by the players

No, it won´t cause lag as it don´t have any reflections.

@FlyingDutchman, you can just remove those coulors ;)

@Gorkal1ty The European Highway Code says something about that V-2 signals, just some text:

Article 223.2

Special vehicle drivers or special regime transport vehicles must use the V-2 light signal both day and night, always while running on roads for public use. In addition, the ones exceeding the maximum dimensions or masses, must have light signals V-2 distributed so that it is perfectly defined the outline of the cross section of the same, in its front and rear front.

If we want to make ETS2 real, we should use beacons in those situations, and follow the European Highway Code.

I think this would let us use beacons just for this type of trailer, the ones that already have a beacon light in the rear front:

servicios_1324031772.jpg

@TheFlyingDutchman

If you don't want red and blue lights to be used, just take the v1.0 version, which is only amber lights.

BTW, I have deleted the link to the red and blue lights, so people can just use v1.0.

I've also seen the v2.0 version, which is really really cool, but the author BigT hadn't shared this, so v1.0 seems pretty cool

@740GL Thanks for your comments :)

-1 those leds are more annoying then the normal becons, you can use the whole frondsize for these leds

Now I'm just curious. The regular beacons you can do the same, the regular beacons cause lag the more that are added, and you can add them all across the front grill too

Now the LED beacons; You can add as many as you want, NO LAG AT ALL

• Upvote 1

39.png

Now I'm just curious. The regular beacons you can do the same, the regular beacons cause lag the more that are added, and you can add them all across the front grill too

Now the LED beacons; You can add as many as you want, NO LAG AT ALL

That's true, thanks!

You can put 8 regular beacons and cause a lot of lag, imagine that in 30 trucks at the same time. Now LED ones don't cause any lag, just light.

Of course there could (should) be rules about their usage: when to use them and set a maximum of beacons. If we follow the European Highway Code, you must use beacons when carrying a heavy trailer, then at least you gotta have 2 beacons.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.