Increase Ping to 2000 or add servers in India/Singapore

cyberghost

Suggestion Name : Increase Ping to 2000 or add servers in India/Singapore

Suggestion Description : I getting kicked due to high average ping, To prevent this please increase the ping rate or add servers in India/Singapore (as International Communications in India routed through singapore) 

Any example images: Nope.

Why should it be added?: This will be helpful to people living in India/SEA not being kicked out due to high ping

Suggestion Description : I getting kicked due to high average ping, To prevent this please increase the ping rate or add servers in India/Singapore (as International Communications in India routed through singapore) 

Why should it be added?: This will be helpful to people living in India/SEA not being kicked out due to high ping

it's a good suggestion, Asia and Singapoore have so much players and the ping is too high, same thing to the Lationamerica, because with 200 to 300 of ping, you can crash any time with other players. if they put servers on Latinoamerica, i recommend Chile for the server, and Singapoore for the Asian server.

it's a good suggestion, Asia and Singapoore have so much players and the ping is too high, same thing to the Lationamerica, because with 200 to 300 of ping, you can crash any time with other players. if they put servers on Latinoamerica, i recommend Chile for the server, and Singapoore for the Asian server.

Who is going to pay for that?

In-game nick: GeekPolak

Youtube Channel - Map editor tutorials for American Truck Simulator and more.  

Twitch Channel - Streaming trucking and other games.

Twitter - Updates when I go live.

4jpe7n.jpg2e3nwv7.jpg

Amerykanin polskiego pochodzenia, pozdrawiam wszystkich Polakow. Jesli ktos tu jest z Tychow, Slask, to daj mi znac.

Isn't Sinqapore one of few rich countries in Asia? They should be able to pay for it. :)

Idea of makinq 2k pinq is bad, its 2 seconds desync more to actual desync.

idea with other server is qood if there is many players in asia wantinq play this qme but problem is who will pay for server hostinq. :)

forum.png

I play on the EU #1 server because the times that I can play usually finds the US #1 server completely empty or at most around 20 people online. Basically, it'd be trucking the apocalypse simulator. On EU #1 my ping runs around 168ms and I'm super self concious about it and I'm afraid I'm THAT guy (IE the dude lagging and teleporting and wrecking others) I always try to compensate for it by allowing others to pass me by slowing down and moving over in the right lane until my tyres are on the rumble strip, and so far, I've never recieved any complaints. 

But just yesterday I was passed by a guy sporting a 550ms ping, and HOLY CRAP! It was the most terrifying thing I ever saw. One second he was 1,000 yards ahead of me, next second he was merging into my lane and about to collide into my truck door to door. I began to evade him, and then he was suddenly behind me, and then the next second he was another 1,500 yards ahead of me and driving on as if he had smoothly passed me.

It was the worst thing I've ever seen at that was just 500 ms (ms- miliseconds) So we're talking about half a second. A half second! That is such a miniscule amount of time, but it was completely impossible to drive anywhere near that guy and expect to not receive any damage to my truck or cargo. 

Now if we increase that number to two seconds...well...I can't even get my head around it. I'm sorry to say but I would quit if they increased ping to such a number, but at the same time I understand that you'd like to enjoy the game just as anyone else.

I think your best bet would be to gather a group of like minded players from the same locales and try to raise money to donate to the ETS 2 team to fund a new server closer to you. I wish I could help more, but that's about the only solution I can think of. 

• Upvote 1

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

I play on the EU #1 server because the times that I can play usually finds the US #1 server completely empty or at most around 20 people online. Basically, it'd be trucking the apocalypse simulator. On EU #1 my ping runs around 168ms and I'm super self concious about it and I'm afraid I'm THAT guy (IE the dude lagging and teleporting and wrecking others) I always try to compensate for it by allowing others to pass me by slowing down and moving over in the right lane until my tyres are on the rumble strip, and so far, I've never recieved any complaints. 

I wish everyone was as smart as you are  ;)

If I would come up behind you with a 30ms ping you would be getting some minor dsync but not too heavy, unless your internet goes crazy.

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

I wish everyone was as smart as you are  ;)

If I would come up behind you with a 30ms ping you would be getting some minor dsync but not too heavy, unless your internet goes crazy.

Man, I'm jealous of such a ping. It's sad really, because 30ms is what I'd get on US #1 but because I can really only game at the very late hours (for me on PST in the US) it's practically abandoned by then. On EU #1 I can actually see and drive with others because it's usually mid afternoon or late evening time in Europe (I think...I never actually checked, about 1-2 thousand members on at the times I play) 

Thanks for the compliment, I just don't want to rubberband into someone and ruin their trip. 

• Upvote 1

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

Impossibru. (No pun intended, seriously.)

Increasing latency to 2000ms will make the game unplayable, and will likely do nothing for your issue. Another server however is a good idea, but since this is not a company funded project it should be noted that people need to donate more if they want to make that happen. Not to mention that hosting in India/Asia is extremely expensive. An average virtual machine in Singapore will set you back 50-60 USD which is 7 times more than what you would pay in Europe/USA.

How do you get that higher ping?

I live further away than you to the server (NZ) and my ping is fine.

An 2000ms (2s) ping would be pure death for the game.

Imagine someone with an TWO SECONDS ping is overtaking you, he finished overtaking and moved back to your lane. But he teleports back (in your truck) due to the major ping!

Also, did you look on the CCTVs? Europoort and Rotterdam. Someone goes with an 2000ms ping there. He teleports back and forth and crashes into, let's say, ten trucks?

Cyberghost, I'm also a player from India. My ping is usually stable at anything between 180-210, rarely around 280, and just once over 300ms in the last 6 months. If you're also from India, what ISP are you using?