What do Game Moderators do?

Can you explain to me the purpose of the Game Moderator? if I take the definition of a game moderator: "A moderator or moderator (abbreviated "mod" or "modo") is an Internet user, often a volunteer, whose role is to moderate information. It is about "to lead and above all to moderate, a social network, a forum on a website, a video game, a community or an online discussion. Moderators warn players, regulate their language if it is incorrect, delete messages that are not "have no place on the forum, either because they contravene the law, or because they violate the explicit or implicit rules of the forum". Excluding where are the Game moderators on TMP bah in Düsseldorf and what are they doing they discuss! Is it normal ? Whereas on La C-D Road there is anarchy and IG reports are never processed. After a while what are they for? Yesterday I was driving towards Düsseldorf and a player blocked the entry from Stoks who was in Düsseldorf so there were 3 Moderator Games present in the city. I had to mention one of his staff so he could move. 20 minutes later the same at the new gas station a player blocked for 10 minutes which created a monster traffic jam. Once again I PM the staff to get him moving, is this normal? NO ! So after a while we have to move, today I made more than 15 IG reports, none but I say none were processed until staff were present on IG. So after a while please move.

It feels to me that you are upset that you weren't helped (fast enough). 

Do keep in mind that you are not the only person playing the game. Specifically on C-D road, there are literally hundreds of players at one time. With perhaps as many reports made in-game (taking a guess here). 

They can't be everywhere all the time. 

Also keep in mind there were over one million (!) (game+web) reports filed in 2023. They resulted in 222K bans (according to the 2023 recap post). That's a huge amount of reports and bans. That means a lot of work which means they can't be everywhere any time so there will always be moments where you wish a GM was around, but wasn't. And then there's the fact that everyone, be it you, me, anyone, has a personal life and other things to do/attend to. 

• Like 1

I understand your “frustration” but you understand that the platform itself, has more than 5 million players, is an extremely large community, and each team member plays a fundamental role within the team by helping voluntarily. Game moderators, in turn, are responsible for looking after and managing the game, taking care of offenders and the like. Logically there are more than 4K players per day, so the moderators do their best inside and outside the game to give us the freedom to have a better gaming experience, unfortunately there are a lot of people wanting to ruin our experience, but be patient. You can provide feedback to the team at this link: https://truckersmp.com/feedback They will certainly help you in the best possible way. 🙂 

• Like 2

Previous classification.: imagem%5D

Idiomas: Português e Inglês | Discórdia: _amexz_

Bem-vindo e boa condução! 🚚🚧

4 hours ago, Kael_ said:

I understand your "frustration" but you understand that the platform itself, has more than 5 Million players, is an extremely large community, and each team member plays a fundamental role within the team by helping voluntarily. The game moderators, in turn, have the responsibility of looking after and managing the game, taking care of offenders and the like. Logically there are more than 4K players per day, so the moderators do their best inside and outside the game to give us the freedom to have a better gaming experience, unfortunately there are many people wanting to ruin our experience, but be patient. You can provide feedback to the team at this link: https://truckersmp.com/feedback. They will certainly help you in the best possible way. 🙂  

@Kael_ the link to the feedback page gives a 404 error. 

• Thanks 1

I recommend that you do the report using the website system; from the past statistics that other users have also shared with you above and that you can find in the forum it is practically useless to do the report in game,

I would have liked to have statistics on this in the last recap they published, that is, the number of reports done in the game compared to the total number of reports sent to get a more up-to-date situation

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

We do the best we can. We cant always be online doing moderation, we are all volunteers with jobs and families and what not, and so we just cant sit on here all the time. We try to have a lot of different moderators from different time zones, but we just cant cover everything all the time. And when the servers are full there are so many reports coming in that we just cant keep up. Even with a bunch of moderators on, fighting 4000 people is just impossible. And so the in game reporting system gets just filled to the brim with reports all the time. But we do get a lot more reports done than we used to. With 1.2 million in game reports and we issuing 118K bans it shows that we did at least 10% of all those reports and for sure more than that since not all reports leads to a ban. But if you want to make sure people get punished for the things they did wrong. They record your gameplay and report them on the website, that way you can be sure someone looks at the report and takes action if needed.

• Thanks 1

Hello @TMP_Malinois,

Thank you for sharing this post on the forum. 

I think I'm speaking personally and on behalf of other users who do the moderation work. Mainly I speak from personal experience. 

I am a moderator and I am currently in charge of managing the reports that each user can send on the website. I understand that every player would like to have a moderator in the game to be able to play more quietly, but there are many players who break the rules and for whom they need to receive measures (such as being banned) and it is not easy for every moderator to control every single user at all times of the day. 

Unfortunately most people often travel on the C-D road and it is not a road that can be controlled at every single point. 

I'm sure that every moderator (of the website and the game) use their time to handle reports as soon as possible. 

Thank you for playing on TruckersMP and I wish you a good road all the time. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA]

• Thanks 1

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

On 3/10/2024 at 4:20 AM, Kael_ said:

I understand your “frustration” but you understand that the platform itself, has more than 5 million players, is an extremely large community, and each team member plays a fundamental role within the team by helping voluntarily. Game moderators, in turn, are responsible for looking after and managing the game, taking care of offenders and the like. Logically there are more than 4K players per day, so the moderators do their best inside and outside the game to give us the freedom to have a better gaming experience, unfortunately there are a lot of people wanting to ruin our experience, but be patient. You can provide feedback to the team at this link: https://truckersmp.com/feedback They will certainly help you in the best possible way. 🙂 

The Problem are the Rules and Punishment System itself and not the Moderators. The Moderators are trapped in endless Paperwork Loops, because Players are able to Appeal their Ban, even when they were caught in the Act and excactly know what they have done wrong. Dont get me wrong, appealing a Ban, when you can proove with your own Evidence that you did not violated the Rules, should be in general an option. Based on the Statistics by TruckersMP, the most Appeals are not valid and been only done with the purpose to troll the System!
On the other side, come on TruckersMP, why are you forcing useless Appeals, cause the Players need to ask for Evidence!

There are also too many Wannabe Moderators who abusing the Report System, Ingame and the Web-Reports! Which cause a lot of dull work!

The 2nd Problem, Moderators are also restricted from efficient working, due to internal Rules.

In General, mixing all kind of Players ( Skill, Knowledge, Age, Simplayer, casual Players, Trolls)  and let them Play on a few Servers and saying that they have to Obey the Real World European and/or American Road Rules can not work, when there are not the same Settings for all Players! ( Driving Physics, Money, Truck Specs, Profile Editing and so on)

A fix, none Editable Game Profile, a own Progress and Ranking System by TruckersMP and a Change of the Gameplay, that keeping the Players busy and offer a useful Grind, would be an Option.

This would not stop any kind of Trolling, but it would making it much harder! AI Traffic in less Populated Areas combined with the Gameplay Grind would be nice!

The 3rd Problem are the Punishment Durations itself. A Player who is doing a Minor Mistake getting a few Days Ban. So far so good. A Player who doing a Rule Violation on Purpose, is banned a bit longer. Again, so far so good. But Players, who doing multiple Violations on Purpose in a Row getting just a max. Ban Duation, like the Player who have done 1 Violation on Purpose. Except the Management decide to apply Rule §2.9 and extend his ban!

Unfortunately, those kind of Players are back with an Alternate Account, before some Moderater gone through the Paperwork Pocess to get a ban extension for this Player!
Ban Evading is a massive Problem, as you can see every day with the few Speedhacking Trolls that causing Trouble! And thanks to the amnesty, its even easier! Yes, there are +5 Million Accounts, but there are between 5k - 13k Players peak! Kind of sus!

Not to mention the 6 Month Reducing for §2.1 Violations! One of the wrongest decision, in my Opinion!

Also, within 365 Days,  doing 1 Time a Violation is a Mistake. 2 Times is unfortunate! 3 Times is Stupidity! 4 Times is Purpose! 5 Times seemingly proof that the player is not willing to Learn! 6 Times proof that the Player is a Troll!

The Fact is, based on the current Circumstances and Rules, TruckersMP is trolling the Players, like the Players trolling each other! Cause the Rules and Punishment System is not fair to Anyone, when there are not the same required Basic Gameplay Settings for All, which can not be manipulated by the player!

This, and the TruckersMP Bureaucracy cause a huge Amount of Work which is much Time Consuming and preventing Moderators from being effective In-Game on the Servers!

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

8 hours ago, If Its Itchy,Just Scratch said:

The Problem are the Rules and Punishment System itself and not the Moderators. The Moderators are trapped in endless Paperwork Loops, because Players are able to Appeal their Ban, even when they were caught in the Act and excactly know what they have done wrong. Dont get me wrong, appealing a Ban, when you can proove with your own Evidence that you did not violated the Rules, should be in general an option. Based on the Statistics by TruckersMP, the most Appeals are not valid and been only done with the purpose to troll the System!
On the other side, come on TruckersMP, why are you forcing useless Appeals, cause the Players need to ask for Evidence!

There are also too many Wannabe Moderators who abusing the Report System, Ingame and the Web-Reports! Which cause a lot of dull work!

The 2nd Problem, Moderators are also restricted from efficient working, due to internal Rules.

In General, mixing all kind of Players ( Skill, Knowledge, Age, Simplayer, casual Players, Trolls)  and let them Play on a few Servers and saying that they have to Obey the Real World European and/or American Road Rules can not work, when there are not the same Settings for all Players! ( Driving Physics, Money, Truck Specs, Profile Editing and so on)

A fix, none Editable Game Profile, a own Progress and Ranking System by TruckersMP and a Change of the Gameplay, that keeping the Players busy and offer a useful Grind, would be an Option.

This would not stop any kind of Trolling, but it would making it much harder! AI Traffic in less Populated Areas combined with the Gameplay Grind would be nice!

The 3rd Problem are the Punishment Durations itself. A Player who is doing a Minor Mistake getting a few Days Ban. So far so good. A Player who doing a Rule Violation on Purpose, is banned a bit longer. Again, so far so good. But Players, who doing multiple Violations on Purpose in a Row getting just a max. Ban Duation, like the Player who have done 1 Violation on Purpose. Except the Management decide to apply Rule §2.9 and extend his ban!

Unfortunately, those kind of Players are back with an Alternate Account, before some Moderater gone through the Paperwork Pocess to get a ban extension for this Player!
Ban Evading is a massive Problem, as you can see every day with the few Speedhacking Trolls that causing Trouble! And thanks to the amnesty, its even easier! Yes, there are +5 Million Accounts, but there are between 5k - 13k Players peak! Kind of sus!

Not to mention the 6 Month Reducing for §2.1 Violations! One of the wrongest decision, in my Opinion!

Also, within 365 Days,  doing 1 Time a Violation is a Mistake. 2 Times is unfortunate! 3 Times is Stupidity! 4 Times is Purpose! 5 Times seemingly proof that the player is not willing to Learn! 6 Times proof that the Player is a Troll!

The Fact is, based on the current Circumstances and Rules, TruckersMP is trolling the Players, like the Players trolling each other! Cause the Rules and Punishment System is not fair to Anyone, when there are not the same required Basic Gameplay Settings for All, which can not be manipulated by the player!

This, and the TruckersMP Bureaucracy cause a huge Amount of Work which is much Time Consuming and preventing Moderators from being effective In-Game on the Servers!

You have points about what you just said. 🫡

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

Previous classification.: imagem%5D

Idiomas: Português e Inglês | Discórdia: _amexz_

Bem-vindo e boa condução! 🚚🚧

Everyone is right about everything here, but to tell the truth, if the game Moderators are more active in the game and intervene in the game rather than on the website, the web reports will not accumulate and therefore the workload will decrease, this is my opinion. 

Sincerely

MazaL

LionRoad Logistics / Driver

I'm going to say something simpler, on my stream yesterday I spoke with road colleagues and quite simply we concluded that for GMs to be able to do their work while being there for the community there would have to be has GMs specialized in IG reports what I mean by that is quite simply that it's staff there have no moderation command except if they are in the IG report system and for that what TMP would have to do it, it's very simple, it's open this system to everyone. What I mean is that there would be no need to speak English or know how to write in English because quite simply we we know how we write reckless driving we know how we write collision finally here it is all these are words that we already know that we see quite often and therefore that we can do without necessarily speaking English plus the staffs in question which would therefore be specialized in IG reports quite simply he could process the report which subsequently once it is processed and send you to a GM or other much higher-ranking staff and who then if he comes there be an appeal regarding the ban and well quite simply he comes to respond and I think that it would be so much better for the GMs because it would already remove a thorn in their side and then we as players would be sure that our reports will be processed because quite simply we are sure that whatever happens there will be several staff of this special unit in the IG reports who will look at all the reports whatever happens which could also favor the fact to report IG instead of going to report on the website but hey TMP would have to accept this kind of thing and which change their mentalities a little sorry for the terms but I have to say it because the fact of having to speak absolutely English is This is monumental bullshit because it allows staff who don't necessarily have the time to be there all the time in the game compared to other people who may not speak English but who can often be in the game. to do moderation, I think that it could encourage the fact that there are fewer reports on the website and that people make more reports and that, above all, they are processed in a timely manner on the game

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

So as game moderator they will look at ingame reports and web reports they will also free camaround and keep an eyes on major areas i believe like  c-d route  i can understand the frusration when a road or route is blocked and there are no admins around bear in mind they are volunteers and do have real jobs outside of truckersmp regarding the route blocking make sure your ingame recording then report it online they will be dealt with it make take some time but they will get around to seeing it what ever you do do not retaliate if they are blocking you will get yourself banned like i did 

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.