Euro Truck Simulator 2 1.50 and future updates

What do you think will arrive in ETS2 updates in the future? What are your expectations from SCS?

I would personally like to see these updates being implemented:

• Probably the most expected one recently, graphical rework of the game
  • AI traffic rework
  • More trucks and trailers (Iveco, Volvo)
  • More map expansions (Greece, Nordic Horizons)
  • Improvements to the truck simulation to make it more realistic (physics and suspension)
  • Engine sound rework (Without sound mods, they are lame IMO)
  • More features and improvements for convoy mode
  • Like 1

With 1.50, i am in general awaiting what SCS said! The Game/Graphic Engine improvements. The other things are Stuff for new DLC, and based on the "Salami- Tactics" by SCS, i am not convinced that they putting them all in One Update.

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

I agree with what you said, I think our expectations are the same.:)

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

Here's what i already know

1. The base map is being revamped.
  2. The rest of the map is being added.

Here's what i'm expecting but time will tell if any of it actually happens or not

1. Updating the older trucks to be both a sound quality and a driving quality with the newer trucks they keep adding.
  2. Seeing our owned vehicles driving on the road.
  3. Being able to exit the vehicle to load the cargo manually, inspect the vehicle, and refuel.
  4. Seeing an actual tow truck tow our vehicle without the use of a loading screen.
  5. Seeing another driver take our load when we cancel.
  6. Seeing the AI Police actually be police. Pulling you over, asking for documentation. Instead of just turning on lights and sirens briefly while fining.
  7. Adding connectivity to the TMP servers. As an alternative to the launcher.
  8. Adding a seasonal year cycle.
  9. Making road events be progressive where they get cleaned up over time. Instead of despawning when out of range.
  10. Seeing vehicles deform from damage.
  11. Being able to knock over scenery objects like signs and lights. Also, running toll booths to be wanted by the police.
  12. Seeing the job market be an actual competition. Whoever takes it first, gets to deliver it first.
  13. Being able to repair our vehicle manually and replace the parts.
  • Upvote 1

On 2/6/2024 at 10:16 PM, poopingcorn said:
  • Engine sound rework (Without sound mods, they are lame IMO)

SCS spents quite a lot of time with microphones recording truck sounds from different angles and inside the cap and all that. What you get in the game is probably as realistic as you are gonna get it. If you want unrealistic sounds then use those mods, but the sounds you get in game is probably pretty close to how they sound when you are in the truck.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 7:58 AM, Sunstrider said:

Here's what i already know

1. The base map is being revamped.
  2. The rest of the map is being added.

Here's what i'm expecting but time will tell if any of it actually happens or not

1. Updating the older trucks to be both a sound quality and a driving quality with the newer trucks they keep adding.
  2. Seeing our owned vehicles driving on the road.
  3. Being able to exit the vehicle to load the cargo manually, inspect the vehicle, and refuel.
  4. Seeing an actual tow truck tow our vehicle without the use of a loading screen.
  5. Seeing another driver take our load when we cancel.
  6. Seeing the AI Police actually be police. Pulling you over, asking for documentation. Instead of just turning on lights and sirens briefly while fining.
  7. Adding connectivity to the TMP servers. As an alternative to the launcher.
  8. Adding a seasonal year cycle.
  9. Making road events be progressive where they get cleaned up over time. Instead of despawning when out of range.
  10. Seeing vehicles deform from damage.
  11. Being able to knock over scenery objects like signs and lights. Also, running toll booths to be wanted by the police.
  12. Seeing the job market be an actual competition. Whoever takes it first, gets to deliver it first.
  13. Being able to repair our vehicle manually and replace the parts.

3. is probably never gonna happen.  As we are not meant to walk outside the truck and the game engine is not really made for us to have hands and feet and all that. And so i highly doubt this will be a thing.

4. This would probably be too much work and if it ever was a thing it would be pretty generic and would probably just be some truck that would reverse up to us and we would just sort of automatically hook up to the tow truck and be towed, as the game is not meant for people to walk around. And this probably have very little chance of happening.

6. Again this game is not meant for people to walk around and have hands and all that, and so having police walk up to your truck and you finding papers is just not something that will probably ever happen as the engine used for the game is not made for that sort of stuff.

7. We really havent got much to do with SCS. We are just a mod for the game. And so having SCS add a way to join our servers from their single player game is just not likely to happen. Also because they have their own Convoy mode. And so we dont have that level of connection with SCS for them to make us any official multiplayer.

10. You might be able to see AI cars gets damaged, but you are likely never gonna see your truck get damaged. As the trucking companies wouldent want that. And so Volvo and all the others have to give the okay for there to be real damage to the trucks and they will probably never to that, as it will not look good for their brand.

11. Knocking over signs could be a thing as it already is in many areas, but you getting wanted by the police for running a tollbooth or anything like it, is probably not gonna be a thing. As this is not GTA and so we dont really have wanted levels. You would get a fine just like you already do for speeding but you wont have police chase you.

13. Again we are not meant to have hands and feet and to move around on feet, and so its unlikely that we will have manually be able to repair the truck. Also cause that would be a while new big game in it self. And again i dont think the game engine is made to be able to handle that sort of thing. The level of detail it would require for you to move around objects from the engine and all that is just not something this game would be very good at i dont think.

6 hours ago, poopingcorn said:

??

Well what i meant is that the sound you hear in game is probably as realistic as it gets. Its probably close to what it would be if you where in a real truck. Te mods probably just enhances that so it sounds louder or larger or something. But it wont make it more real. And that is what SCS is going for, the real sound.

9 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

In the past, a simple mouse cursor could move mountains.

Maybe one doesn't need hands nor feet after all in game to repair a truck.

Fair enough. But adding that would require a whole new game almost. It would almost turn into Car Mechanic Simulator then. And i dont think the game engine is made to handle that sort of things. The small bolts and screws, and different engine parts and all that. I think a lot of the limitations to this game comes from the game engine. Without knowing 100%. And so i think its highly unlikely we will ever see anything like that or any of the other things i mentioned.

13 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

Fair enough. But adding that would require a whole new game almost. It would almost turn into Car Mechanic Simulator then. And i dont think the game engine is made to handle that sort of things. The small bolts and screws, and different engine parts and all that. I think a lot of the limitations to this game comes from the game engine. Without knowing 100%. And so i think its highly unlikely we will ever see anything like that or any of the other things i mentioned.

I wouldn't go into much detail. Let the user click on the engine bay and present him/ her some stats bars of certain aspects, like quantities of liquids like oil, water, AdBlue, etc.
For a price, they could be adjusted (refilled, repaired). Think of it more like a visual /fix command.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

Well what i meant is that the sound you hear in game is probably as realistic as it gets. Its probably close to what it would be if you where in a real truck. Te mods probably just enhances that so it sounds louder or larger or something. But it wont make it more real. And that is what SCS is going for, the real sound.

You got a fair point. I believe that just because SCS creates realistic sounds for the engines, does not necessarily mean that other sound mods can't be realistic as well.

44 minutes ago, poopingcorn said:

You got a fair point. I believe that just because SCS creates realistic sounds for the engines, does not necessarily mean that other sound mods can't be realistic as well.

Well lets just say that what SCS has got is the most realistic sounds. Then all the other mods would never be as realistic. And so why would we want them instead? You might think they sound better, but they probably arent as realistic.

On 2/13/2024 at 6:15 PM, MrSirViking said:

All it would require is a button to "Inspect" the truck. And rotating it to find said damage. SCS already made used parts a thing. But, there's no visuals to see inside the truck to see just how worn they are. Which could also be educational. Given, there are IRL Truck Mechanics.

Plus, if SCS was against vehicles being damaged, they would of taken down the mods that supports it. My memory could be fuzzy here. But, i recall Toast showing it off in a video. (Again, i could be wrong). Searching for "Vehicle Damage" on the workshop just yields "No Damage" mods. It's not their fault there's a niche that loves to being as reckless and destructive as possible. Weather that's GTA 5 or Roblox, and anything in between.

Another option for the "out of vehicle" aspect can be a point and click style mode. Camera is set in a fixed position. I'll use fueling as an example. You would click the fuel pump to get a nozzle in your hand. You would click the fuel cover to open it. You would click the gas cap to open it. You would click the open fuel slot to insert the nozzle. You would hold the indicated button to fuel until full. You would click it all in reverse order to finish (open fuel slot to remove nozzle, gas cap to close with a possible rotation to tighten it, fuel cover to close, and clicking the fuel pump to put the nozzle back).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

All it would require is a button to "Inspect" the truck. And rotating it to find said damage. SCS already made used parts a thing. But, there's no visuals to see inside the truck to see just how worn they are. Which could also be educational. Given, there are IRL Truck Mechanics.

Plus, if SCS was against vehicles being damaged, they would of taken down the mods that supports it. My memory could be fuzzy here. But, i recall Toast showing it off in a video. (Again, i could be wrong). Searching for "Vehicle Damage" on the workshop just yields "No Damage" mods. It's not their fault there's a niche that loves to being as reckless and destructive as possible. Weather that's GTA 5 or Roblox, and anything in between.

Another option for the "out of vehicle" aspect can be a point and click style mode. Camera is set in a fixed position. I'll use fueling as an example. You would click the fuel pump to get a nozzle in your hand. You would click the fuel cover to open it. You would click the gas cap to open it. You would click the open fuel slot to insert the nozzle. You would hold the indicated button to fuel until full. You would click it all in reverse order to finish (open fuel slot to remove nozzle, gas cap to close with a possible rotation to tighten it, fuel cover to close, and clicking the fuel pump to put the nozzle back).

I dont think SCS is against trucks being damaged, its the trucking companies as in Volvo, Mercedes and so forth that is against it. They dont want their trucks to be visibly damaged. The virtual damage is fine, but any real damage to the truck is not something they want. Its just not good for their brand. I dont think there are many games out there that has licensed real brands for their games that then also does total damage. Something like Forza Horizon 5 mostly just does scratches and the odd dent. Nothing big, nothing like the GTA damage or BeamNG damage. And so unless the brands change their mind we likely wont see much of it in this game.

Sure that could be a thing, with the point and click. But i just dont think its very high on SCS list to make that sort of thing, as it would require quite a rewrite of some code to allow for this and to make it happen and they have enough on their hands with reworks of the map and new map DLC. I was just saying that its highly unlikely that we would see such a future ever. And if we do its not gonna be any time soon.

9 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

Nothing BeamNG damage.

If there was Beam level of damage. CD Road would be unplayable and lower end systems will crash.

9 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Unless they can use it in their favor to advertise the safety aspects of their products. 😉

Which can showcase a CD Driver. They don't even have to pay a stunt driver to film it.

• True Story 1

• 3 weeks later...

There are many things that would be useful for ETS, such as:

-tandems
-sounds (currently everything sounds similar and even the same, a bit sad)
-additional tuning options (more rims, tires, lamps and other accessories, something for the cabin would also be useful)
- more painting options
- suspension physics

ets needs these things