Can't see ban duration of other players

Hello !

I think this is part of the new way of dealing with bans, as it was announced to protect the TruckersMP staff team, we no longer know who is taking our report so everything is probably linked.

Please note that in game we no longer see the ban time in the chat for those banned live in the game also.

I think whether your proof must be permanently available, you will see very clearly that the person is permanently banned from the TMP service.

Don't hesitate to continue reporting problem players,

Have a nice day !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1797472539_TMP.webp.542b008508f3e29324b9b29eabffd2f6.webp.30dac118f31a8f248f33bc747a0d48d2.webp

It is all about protecting personal details. Not just for staff, but also for the player getting banned.

It does not concern the public how long the player gets banned. That is a personal detail only concerning the banned player and the TruckersMP Team. The public don't need that information.

Another reason for this, is that the length issued is often subject to change, so removing it will remove some confusion when x amount of time is said at one time but it turns out to be y amount of time instead.

• Upvote 1

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

1 hour ago, Cαρταιn Μιx said:

Another reason for this, is that the length issued is often subject to change, so removing it will remove some confusion when x amount of time is said at one time but it turns out to be y amount of time instead.

Isn't it also to hide the fact that two similar bans, for example, never have the same duration ? 🫢

• Upvote 1

My guess as the reasoning behind this was being stalked. 14 days, 3 months, would just have reporters checking their profile for the exact moment the ban was expired. So, they could stalk them and see if they learned from it. Or, catch them in the act to add another month onto their next ban.

Like the replies have said, durations are no longer posted in game and profile bans only show "The user is currently banned". And since most evidence is Unlisted on Youtube, that's between The Reporter, The Offender, & Staff. Nobody's going to make the extra effort of asking everyone involved (witnesses) for their pov to add to the report.

11 hours ago, Papy Panda said:

Isn't it also to hide the fact that two similar bans, for example, never have the same duration ? 🫢

the first 3 bans are at the discretion of the staff member, a similar situation could have different lengths of ban; however, they have internal rules on the length of the first 3 bans 👍

7 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

My guess as the reasoning behind this was being stalked.

Ye, it is certainly one of the reasons, along with harassment and hate; it is a well-known behaviour, especially in gaming related communities where you find many users who are overloaded with emotions 😂

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

This observation was raised already (by me and other) a few months ago. It got introduced as par of the new "Game Moderation Strategy".

The main reason (imho) is to prevent too much "noise"/"work" for staff with people complaining/discussing the ban length. Remember that the new Game Moderation Strategy was clearly designed to reduced the load on the Game Moderation team!

And as mentioned above, another reason is to "protect" the banned persons so that people don't blame them. I personally don't get why banned people should be protected. Having it publicly visible should push them to behave more responsibly. Having old bans removed from their history after a 1 year is already a very good protection.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Having old bans removed from their history after a 1 year is already a very good protection.

As far as I know, old bans are not removed from the punishment history ever, except if the user was banned by mistake.

Bans that are older than 12 months however will not be considered at the time of a new ban being issued.

• True Story 2

6 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

As far as I know, old bans are not removed from the punishment history ever, except if the user was banned by mistake.

Bans that are older than 12 months however will not be considered at the time of a new ban being issued.

Yes, I was talking about that + the fact that other players aren't able to see how many total bans someone had since they creating their account. You can only see the number of "active bans".

i.e. someone who joined 3 years ago could have 1 active ban but 7 additional bans (older than 12 months) while someone else who joined 3 years ago as well might have 2 active bans and 0 additional ban (older than 12 months). It gives a different perspective on which kind of player you are looking at 😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's all about protecting personal information, but if you report someone and the player is banned, does it matter how many days they are banned?

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator