Add the ability to hide in-game chat only

'Rossoo770s.

Suggestion Name: Hide the in-game chat

Suggestion Description: Ability to hide ONLY the in-game chat without hiding all

Any example images: N/A

Why it should be added: 

Add the possibility of hiding only the chat or only the names of the players while keeping the chat active or vice versa.

I was fine before it was possible to hide only the chat but keeping the names of the players visible, I would like there to still be this possibility, doing this would slightly improve stability and fps in congested areas for example, but even just for a aesthetic fact, it would be nice to have the possibility to hide the chat in moments of spam or just bc you don't want to see the whole chat with useless messages...

I hope this suggestion is also to your liking, as always I send my warmest regards and look forward to your positive outcome.

Kind Regards,

Rossoo770s.

Aurora Driver | Veteran Driver | TruckersMP Member since 2015.

• Upvote 17

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

Thank you for your suggestion, which I support for the following reasons.

Allowing players to customize their interface enhances the overall gaming experience.

Users have different preferences, and giving them control over what elements they see can contribute to a more enjoyable and personalized experience.

In congested areas or during moments of chat spam, the screen can become cluttered with information.

Allowing players to hide specific elements, like chat or player names, can declutter the interface, making it easier for them to focus on essential information.

Hiding certain elements can potentially improve performance, especially in situations where there is a high volume of information to display.

This can be particularly relevant in crowded or intense gameplay scenarios, where maintaining stable frame rates is crucial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

It might be good to edit some features in the game, so I liked your idea.👍

However, turning off the chat completely may cause some communication gaps. For example, many admins convey their warnings to players via chat. To prevent such communication gaps, there can be a chat that appears instantly when you receive an urgent message or a message from people you choose.

7 hours ago, -MaRtY- said:

It might be good to edit some features in the game, so I liked your idea.👍

However, turning off the chat completely may cause some communication gaps. For example, many admins convey their warnings to players via chat. To prevent such communication gaps, there can be a chat that appears instantly when you receive an urgent message or a message from people you choose.

You can already turn the chat off together with player nicknames by using F11. Their idea is to just make separate buttons as it was before the chat got update.

• True Story 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, InsaneCallum said:

I also want this back

I want to hide Player names ONLY and keep chat (vice versa would be nice like before). I hope TMP add this back

Good idea!

I fully agree with you as it would be nice to hide player names for especially when you are in highly populated areas and all those name tags can get in the way...possibly even decrease performance overall. 

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Interstate Nomad said:

Fair enough, and the high number of upvotes (suggestion: 14 upvotes, question: 26 upvotes) should be reason enough for the TruckersMP team to seriously re-consider their decision.

You'd think. I was hoping for a better response from them as it didn't really address my issue. I just don't wanna see name tags but do want chat 😞 Like how it use to be 

As their new "reworked" system still has the problem they talk about. Now all that will happen is, I wont see the chat announcements cos i wont want names above trucks.

Seems strange that they had the feature and removed it. While SCS Convoy implemented a solution for this (You can disable nametags with in-game settings)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, InsaneCallum said:

Now all that will happen is, I wont see the chat announcements cos i wont want names above trucks.

In the end, you have to decide for yourself whether and how important chat announcements are.

To my knowledge, you can't be punished for missing an "important" announcement due to an deavtivated chat, can you?

Nevertheless, the reworked system is a disimprovement.

PS:

• Turning off player names can reduce visual clutter on the screen, allowing players to focus more on the road and gameplay elements without constant distractions.
  • Hiding player names can make the game world feel more realistic.
  • Being able to deactivate chat while still seeing player names allows players to remain aware of other players' presence without being exposed to potentially negative interactions in the chat.

• Upvote 1

On 3/28/2024 at 7:02 AM, Interstate Nomad said:

To my knowledge, you can't be punished for missing an "important" announcement due to an deavtivated chat, can you?

You can unfortunately, My mate got banned as he didn't respond to an admin in chat during an event. He drove with F11 and F9 so no names, no chat. I drove with no names but did have chat, didn't twig on that the admin was trying to get my mates attention as he was putting the ID into chat (This was before the @ system) Obv with me having F11, I didn't see my mates ID.

But either way, I'll probably end up having Chat and names hidden now anyway as that's my only option other than having clutter all over 😕

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

According to @Rider.:

"We know that previous Community Management has neglected the suggestion area, We are trying to get through the suggestions we have logged by previous CMs to bring up to our management team. It will take us a while before we get all suggestions down to 0. We hope to improve significantly within the next few months."

I hope as soon as they revalidate this option F11 and F9 again because I'm a Stream and I don't want to post the names of the players and leave the chat available and thus see the funny comments.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, InsaneCallum said:

You can unfortunately, My mate got banned as he didn't respond to an admin in chat during an event.

That's similar paradox as require all players to follow national traffic regulations and one sentence later make an exception for speed and red lights.

Admin messages should appear independent of chat status. 

• Upvote 1