If AI vehicles are not added to the game, players will always be lost

PandaGreencap

I am a loyal TMP player for a while, but after playing for a long time, I feel that TMP has a fatal flaw. That's loneliness. I didn't see many people driving the truck from top to bottom, it was all empty streets with no AI accompanying me. Just like I'm playing a single player game, and it's still an incomplete single player game. But you say FPS and lag are more important. But this is not more than a decade ago, everyone's computers have improved, and you must try to make changes. Many players have left to play single player games because of AI. PLZ helps TMP. Save players. THX

• Upvote 5
  • True Story 1

2 hours ago, PandaGreencap said:

I am a loyal TMP player for a while, but after playing for a long time, I feel that TMP has a fatal flaw. That's loneliness. I didn't see many people driving the truck from top to bottom, it was all empty streets with no AI accompanying me. Just like I'm playing a single player game, and it's still an incomplete single player game. But you say FPS and lag are more important. But this is not more than a decade ago, everyone's computers have improved, and you must try to make changes. Many players have left to play single player games because of AI. PLZ helps TMP. Save players. THX

You are aware of how old Prism 3D is, right? Not to mention ETS 2 as a whole. Implementing A.I. is more then just toggling a switch in some settings menu. Especially since it all would have to be synced between the players, maybe not the entire server but anyone within a set range/distance of you. As well as the other players and the A.I. around them. It's one thing when you are in SP and have A.I. generated just for you. It's a whole other beast to try and implement it server side. Lots of variables to consider which results in a lot of code that has to be written.
I am assuming of course, that when A.I. is brought up, people want functional/working A.I. Not some half assed hack job just to say there is A.I. now. 

Chances are you have visited C-D area. You should be aware of how bad the game can get bogged down with just the players around. Now imagine all those players, plus all the logic/workload from implementing A.I on the hardware. 

• True Story 1

7 hours ago, PandaGreencap said:

Missed the required format. Won't be considered. That being said, the AI in single player is already derpy.

Sure, the game already has code to it. The AI can pass through blockers. The AI are made of paper (minus AI Trucks) when crashed into. The AI don't know how to deal with traffic jams or being gridlocked. Not to mention, how laggy it can be when the server generates however many AI vehicles for every player, which has to be synced for everyone.

I would rather they only enable AI Police Cars and give them enforcement abilities. Like pulling players over, giving out fines, TP'ing them to a Repair Shop.

On 11/25/2023 at 3:02 AM, PandaGreencap said:

Thanks for naming the elephant in the room.

It can't be said often enough.

• Upvote 1

I don't like the SCS AI traffic. I also don't like being the only driver in an area. I prefer crowded areas with real players.

There has to be a way in order to bring these two seemingly opposite things together!

Maybe weekly events by TMP/SCS in a certain area of the map (like Real Ops, just much smaller without changing the map)?

Maybe certain cargoes that have to be delivered to certain cities for one week in order to get an achievement? Just anything that brings together enough players in a certain area for one week or so (but please not only for a few hours on a special server where everybody is in a rush and lagging), and after a week the event changes to another area of the map. And once a year (maybe on Xmas?) players with lots of achievements should be able to swap them with a new paint job or something similar.

This maybe would also (as a side effect) take a little bit of pressure from the CD area and bring a little bit more diversity to TMP.

LegendsTruckers.deyoutube.com/vipmagazinyoutube.com/gamesmag

Languages: German, English, Spanish • Discord: Marco.aus.Berlin

If you add AI vehicles, it will make players even more reckless because you can't distinguish whether it's a player or an AI vehicle. If AI vehicles are in front of you or around you while waiting for a red light, and there are no players, you will feel impatient and rush over. In short, I will support you, but I won't fully support you either

^^^^ I doubt that bot vehicles would have a name/tag on top of them, so it would be easy enough to distinguish if the vehicle one is seeing is a player or a bot.

But that's irrelevant. It's been years since TMP stated that they were working on this, they even got it to work, to a limited extent, in a beta test. And nothing since then, other than some news about a "framework" that might make things easier to have bot traffic implemented. I find it unlikely that TMP will ever have this feature.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Big Week said:

If you add AI vehicles, it will make players even more reckless because you can't distinguish whether it's a player or an AI vehicle. If AI vehicles are in front of you or around you while waiting for a red light, and there are no players, you will feel impatient and rush over. In short, I will support you, but I won't fully support you either

If you cross a red light with traffic being in the immediate area which you are unable to identify as AI or player controlled must be regarded as an act of Reckless driving , which is "driving a vehicle with willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property".

Reckless driving is a punishable violation of game rule §2.6.

Impatience,  the intolerance to an event that impedes or delays an action or the ability to obtain something, contributes to unsafe driving behaviors in road traffic and increases the risk of causing an accident.

If you want to drive safe, plan with enough time for your journey, and treat all traffic as if it was player controlled.

• True Story 1

To PandaGreencap,
First things first, from those that play on Sim 1 almost ~70% use popato tech. They don't do SP as it propts them to upgrade from the potato to tomato or much better. They are not going to do it, untill the game stops running. Traffic is a no go.

To Misha_TMP,
the AI is already in the game, but TMP does not use it, because they know that 90% of all users can't drive.

• True Story 1

• 2 months later...

with current game? no no AI as engine is too old for ETS2 plus the things mentioned above....

however with 1.50+ a new engine is SAID to be released to run ETS2 on and IF this is true people with potato PC's have to upgrade anyways as the game default's requirements go up as well + this might make it for TMP staff maybe possible to do consider AI traffic if with new engine the performance will be better even with AI traffic present.

also about Niuro his comment with 90% cant drive is because they all drive 120+ KM/h......those that follow speed limits can easily drive....better at least and with AI traffic you create obstacles that makes a 120km/h or faster the more likely to crash and hopefully will bring the amount of racers and thus the amount of bad drivers down and as some people just prefer racing....to those players go play Forza or need for speed or another game that is a RACING game i would say and to not bother the people that wish to play a SIMULATION game what ETS2 is afterall....
also i don't think it would be 90% rlly but a high number sure.

also a solution would be create SIM 1 (after 1.50 if new engine is true) with AI traffic and set a hard speed limit roof of like 100-110km/h and have SIM 2 server without Traffic and no speed cap so that racers can race to their heart's content there.

AI Traffic should have been here years ago, TMP can't make aggrements with scs to pace up the AI Traffic for the servers? I mean just try anything, it seems it was assumed scs would never help TMP.

TMP hasn't seen real groundbreaking new features added and this is one of them should be heavily pushed up.

Even scs has AI Traffic on their little mp.

• True Story 1

On 2/3/2024 at 1:08 AM, [IMP] Rimuru Tempest said:

however with 1.50+ a new engine is SAID to be released to run ETS2 on and IF this is true people with potato PC's have to upgrade anyways as the game default's requirements go up as well + this might make it for TMP staff maybe possible to do consider AI traffic if with new engine the performance will be better even with AI traffic present.

Could you reveal the source of the provided information?

You are absolutely right. Since the players only ride in Calais and Duisburg, I'm sure they will comment without understanding what you wrote. A different server can be opened. It can be both artificial intelligence and multiple. It would be very nice. Players who want to play also join that server. I travel two thousand kilometers and the only people I see are two people or three people. This has nothing to do with online and multiplayer.

Edited by _Parzival
Adding

I like the idea of having AI. My only question is how will the mods interpret reckless driving ect. If you crash or overtake AI and crash into them/another person how would the report work. I think for pro mods this idea will be better suited as the only busy road is the quarry road no where else in that game is busy.

19 hours ago, Wraith645 said:

I like the idea of having AI. My only question is how will the mods interpret reckless driving ect. If you crash or overtake AI and crash into them/another person how would the report work. I think for pro mods this idea will be better suited as the only busy road is the quarry road no where else in that game is busy.

If a player, contrary to better knowledge or without the certainty that another vehicle is controlled by a human being or by artificial intelligence (AI), behaves in a way which violates the TruckersMP rules, he is subject of being punished.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...