Update to our Game Moderation Strategy

MisterAndeh

23 hours ago, Rico said:

Staff members will never get fired for expressing their own opinions.... they are free to say whatever they want to say on our platforms regarding changes that have been announced. So, I do not see where this is coming from. The other statements present a false misrepresentation, and definitely not the case and can be misleading to the wider public with comments such as these 😄 

Hello again, 

As I said here, feedbacks or whereever it was. You know me well and you also know I have not been against TMP, I love that community, I try to help to the others as much as my time allowes to do so. Many of people knows RedWolf from the community and if you ask them, they'll probably say, yee RedWolf I know him. However it was so hard to make thus name on the forums only as a player.

I know that my comment might seemed ironic, unfriendly, but it is not how it looks like. It's true that in some cases I should not be too much serious. My dream always was to join TMP in some day, however as the time goes TMP started decreasing my motivation to be there. 

I can only say, it was nice experience and pleasure for me to be there, and I hope we'll see for year, maybe in far future.  

Only can hope in thus community to comes more better in the future! 

Regards, 

RedWolf [CZ] 

• HaulieLove 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Almost exactly a month ago I wrote the following on another thread regarding the new reporting limits as limiting the number of reports one can submit will automatically reduce the number of reports to process and the queue processing time (even a 12 years old child can understand that):

Now I really just hope TMP won't come back in a few weeks/months with some fancy graphs saying that the number of offenses reported went down and the situation is better! But I wouldn't be surprised if that happens 😂

Today I'm reading this:

4 hours ago, Leon Baker said:

Hey, for those who think nothing has changed since the update, here's the scoop: We've scaled down the report system load from Heavy to High (just a reminder, there's a Very High status in between). Back in the Heavy days, it took an average of 12 days to get a response on a website report. But now, we've got it down to 8 days and it's still improving.

🤣

Pathetic!

4 hours ago, Leon Baker said:

About those comments concerning the in-game report view rate after the announcement, remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. This has been an issue for years, and one change won't do a complete 180. Change takes time.

Well it's been 2 weeks since the 10 reports and 7 days old offenses limits have been set. + all the recruitments/promotions in the Reports Moderation/GM team
So I would expect things to be pretty much effective and running at its normal pace. I don't see why it would take much more time to be at its normal pace? By the end of the month we should see if it's working. Especially at peak times. We shouldn't have to wait any longer.

But to be honest, while doing more in-game moderation is definitely better than web reports processed several days later, you will never be able to catch all offenses and the best way to properly reduce offenses is to make sure bad players (especially trolls) get banned for longer! The longer they are banned the less they will bother other players on the roads and the less work the GM team will have to do. 

BTW when I say "ban" I don't necessarily mean banned from the whole TMP world (yet another suggestion that has never been implemented)

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Leon Baker said:

Hey, for those who think nothing has changed since the update, here's the scoop: We've scaled down the report system load from Heavy to High (just a reminder, there's a Very High status in between). Back in the Heavy days, it took an average of 12 days to get a response on a website report. But now, we've got it down to 8 days and it's still improving. About those comments concerning the in-game report view rate after the announcement, remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. This has been an issue for years, and one change won't do a complete 180. Change takes time.

Thank you for this update!

There is also a "Heavy"? Didn´t remind this. 🙂

What are the other individual levels? I know besides the now mentioned "Normal" and "Low".

And would it perhaps be feasible for the web developer TMP is now looking for to display an estimated processing time for then newly submitted reports in addition to the current status?

• Awesome! 1

On 9/15/2023 at 10:00 AM, CLUSTERTRUCK said:

The moderation team are to blame for this culture, they created it, not the clients...
I hope that explains my point for the dumb dumbs..

Anyways

You've said this already. Again, I invite you to bring something a little bit more constructive rather than just pointing fingers without reason and then exclaim you do not want to argue with idiots and get mad that we do not "fix" things.

Your comments/insults are not feedback. They don't help whatsoever.

How did we create this culture?

What needs fixing?
How do you propose we fix it?

• True Story 1
  • Awesome! 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

I would honestly like to see and extension on the appeal deadline past punishment expiration to allow players more time to appeal a ban. With how slow the report system is and everyone threatening and reporting people for minor fender benders (Like myself). It has has but a bad taste in my mouth having been robbed of the ability to appeal because I have other things to do then check my TMP profile. Even 10 days after the ban expires would give a lot of people more time to check and appeal there ban.

I think someone else suggested the idea of a rule adjustment to include repeated abuse of the report system to discourage and punish those how intentionally try to fill the report system reporting everyone and everything in server. I personally think it is a good idea and seen in implemented in many other community with good effect/

I also think a inquiry into our moderation team is needed in regards to handling minor offences because it is not only users reporting theses offences it is your moderation team how are acting on and banning these users for those offences giving them one week for a minor tap when there people doing much worse in server would would end up with the same punishment length but aren't as your moderation team isn't in server enough or there is not enough staff to cover the server.

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

On 9/15/2023 at 1:21 AM, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

My dream always was to join TMP in some day, however as the time goes TMP started decreasing my motivation to be there. 

You may have expressed your dream incorrectly, because the desire to be on a team and the desire to contribute to the community are two different things.
A lot of people want to be part of a team, but when you ask them - what do you want to do for the community and how? - many cannot answer quickly and reasonably. 

Looking from the outside, we may see slightly different things than what you see. This is for thought 😉

23 hours ago, StateCA [NL] said:

Your comments/insults are not feedback. They don't help whatsoever.

You can't say that, because criticizing is the easiest thing! Why would players think about how to deal with current reports? Why worry about finding a balance between reporting and in-game activity? Why think about making it better in the long run? Why think about thousands of players getting, if not everything they want, but some of it? Why think about how to deal with someone who has only one goal - trolling? No no no! This is too much of a burden on a small brain, so the simplest way will be used - criticism and pointing a finger at what exactly he does not like, at what was not done as this particular user wants. Sorry, I couldn’t resist, but I don’t know how to comment on such “complaints” otherwise. Don't pay too much attention to it))

• True Story 1
  • Awesome! 1

ResTed.gif

Бронзовый призёр в номинации "Сотрудник поддержки 2016"

Game Moderator Leader of the Year 2019 - #2

TMPForum.png

14 hours ago, ZephyrOwO said:

I also think a inquiry into our moderation team is needed in regards to handling minor offences because it is not only users reporting theses offences it is your moderation team how are acting on and banning these users for those offences giving them one week for a minor tap when there people doing much worse in server would would end up with the same punishment length but aren't as your moderation team isn't in server enough or there is not enough staff to cover the server.

Unfortunately TMP moderation is a real sieve, what I mean is that from one GM to another the sanction for the same offense will never be the same. It gives the impression that it really depends on the player's head...

We need more game moderators, and above all provide them with training so that they can all give the same sanction for all offenses which currently do not receive the same banned period.

And above all do a few things so that ban evading is no longer so easy -_-

• Awesome! 1

well this post dates from September 1st it is currently September 18th what has changed in the game ah well I don't want to say much whether it is in terms of in-game carryovers or reports on the site I reported someone a few days ago and still not processed so it's great to tell us less reports on the site put more reports in game and well for the moment I don't see absolutely nothing that is done once again today I have reported seven eight people on the game I am not saying on the site I am saying on the game and unfortunately the seven eight reports have not been processed I had the return saying that the postponement had not been processed but on the other hand to see several game moderators driving without a truck or either by car on the Calais - Duisburg there on the other hand there is no problem you would have to know what you want TMP after a while you tell us we are going to be limited to 10 reports on the site and we are going to favor the processing of reports on the game but for the moment nothing is done so yes I want to understand that the games moderator a life on the side but after a while we should really do something about that and I'm going to come back to a point put back the permanent ban ah because frankly the number of players who mess up, sorry to say it like that but it's true on the Calais - Duisburg or even on other roads frankly but do something it's more tenable

On 9/17/2023 at 6:07 PM, Papy Panda said:

Unfortunately TMP moderation is a real sieve, what I mean is that from one GM to another the sanction for the same offense will never be the same.

What do you call 'for the same thing?' You will almost never find the same situations and if you see more ban messages in chat, you will see that this has been improved, although I do not support such a system.
Here's why: As I said, every incident is unique, so I always looked at the factors that could lead to a lenient punishment or a more severe one. First and foremost, the most important factor for me is how many players were harmed due to the player's actions. I believe that every player who gets hurt means an increase in the ban period. I also always looked at whether the actions were intentional or not. If someone violated the rules intentionally, he must be held accountable for it. If it is still an accident, but a violation of the rules, then this will be a mild punishment as a warning. Now, due to the changes, the penalties have become soft for any violations and it doesn’t actually matter whether you hit one player or 10 - you will have the same punishment in most cases, but is this fair? No, and for this reason I would like to see a more flexible punishment system so that those who really deserve a ban do not join the game for as long as possible.

Also, the problem is that each of us is an individual with different views on the same thing, so it is extremely difficult to create a team of moderators who will talk about any situation in the same way. So there is some truth in your words, but you are talking on the surface when there are many other factors in the depths that cannot be ignored.

• Upvote 1

ResTed.gif

Бронзовый призёр в номинации "Сотрудник поддержки 2016"

Game Moderator Leader of the Year 2019 - #2

TMPForum.png

I have a question.
The article says "the reporting window on the website has been reduced from fourteen days to seven."
So if I report a player on the 7th day, will the report still be valid on the 8th day, or will the report be closed after the 8th day?

45 minutes ago, `Duk𝝣 said:

I have a question.
The article says "the reporting window on the website has been reduced from fourteen days to seven."
So if I report a player on the 7th day, will the report still be valid on the 8th day, or will the report be closed after the 8th day?

As long as you submitted it within 7 days it will then be processed as normal. Even if the report queue is long meaning reports take a long time to get to, it shall still be accepted because you submitted it within 7 days. Hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Guest [OCSC Event] Antho
On 9/1/2023 at 5:02 PM, aesthxwolf said:

I don't understand.

In other words, they're just saying that they've anonymised the reports so that their team is protected and that the limit on reports will be 10 (even though it already has been for many months...) So there are no big changes.

The in-game toxicity of "rec ban" text remains the same and the number of reports processed in-game (the most important ones) is still very low, unfortunately, so I understand when you say that you don't understand much, because it's a huge amount of text for very little information. 😅

2 hours ago, Aek177 said:

As long as you submitted it within 7 days it will then be processed as normal. Even if the report queue is long meaning reports take a long time to get to, it shall still be accepted because you submitted it within 7 days. Hope that helps!

understand.,thanks~~~

Guest [OCSC Event] Antho
On 9/17/2023 at 5:07 PM, Papy Panda said:

Unfortunately TMP moderation is a real sieve, what I mean is that from one GM to another the sanction for the same offense will never be the same. It gives the impression that it really depends on the player's head...

We need more game moderators, and above all provide them with training so that they can all give the same sanction for all offenses which currently do not receive the same banned period.

And above all do a few things so that ban evading is no longer so easy -_-

I totally agree with you, and I think a lot of players do too.
But I personally don't think it will be improved by recruiting more Game Moderators.

The fact that the penalty is not the same (currently) depends on the GM handling the report and his GM Trainer. This explains why the problem doesn't come from the GM but from TMP's own moderation, i.e. the Senior GMM and the senior staff...
It would therefore seem (even if TMP will always say the opposite) that there is no clear scale where the penalty for a ban should be the same, regardless of which GM handles it.

12 hours ago, `Duk𝝣 said:

I have a question.

They have no way to see if the rec is more than 7 days old or not, if you upload it only on the 8th day by putting the date of the dayit is like this the incident had just happened x)

1797472539_TMP.webp.542b008508f3e29324b9b29eabffd2f6.webp.30dac118f31a8f248f33bc747a0d48d2.webp

1 hour ago, Juliia said:

They have no way to see if the rec is more than 7 days old or not, if you upload it only on the 8th day by putting the date of the dayit is like this the incident had just happened x)

We can always compare the video with the game logs so we know that the perpetrator has played on that day of the recording. So we know already is like the matrix 😄