TruckersMP without speed limit - unimaginable?

Hi blabberbeak,

You said there is no speed limit, Do you mean that the speed limit of the server will exceed 200 km/h?
If that's what you mean, I don't think it's likely to happen.

中国MF团队,数一数二垂直制表字符在中国。

12 minutes ago, [MF-Founder] Fan Ci said:

Hi blabberbeak,

You said there is no speed limit, Do you mean that the speed limit of the server will exceed 200 km/h?

Thanks for your interest in the topic and your question, which I will explain as follows:

"A server without speed limit" means there are no server-side restrictions on velocity. Players could drive as fast as they want.

2 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

Thanks for your interest in the topic and your question, which I will explain as follows:

"A server without speed limit" means there are no server-side restrictions on velocity. Players could drive as fast as they want.

My meaning is similar to what you explained,
I also think Stones8000's words are very correct
The truck and the weight of the goods make it difficult for them to reach 200km/h, so the speed limit on the server is not a problem now, and it is likely that the limit will not be increased further.

• Like 1

中国MF团队,数一数二垂直制表字符在中国。

Hello, 

I dont think that comes to basics means change everything to the beginning. Right at the speed I would stop and think, if its really needed. Why the people should go more like 110 km/h. It is Simulator, isnt it? 🤔

So in some things it may be really cool but not in everything. 

- Speed should be not removed from 110 km/h :check:

@blabberbeak My question is, what you would like to change besides the speed? 👀

Regards,

RedWolf_Plays 
TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Just now, RedWolf_Plays said:

@blabberbeak My question is, what you would like to change besides the speed? 👀

I didn't say that I would like to change the speed limit. My question is if you could imagine it being removed in the future. 😉

My ideas, preferences, and wishes are not within the scope of this topic and should be discussed elsewhere.

1 minute ago, blabberbeak said:

I didn't say that I would like to change the speed limit. My question is if you could imagine it being removed in the future. 😉

My ideas, preferences, and wishes are not within the scope of this topic and should be discussed elsewhere.

Of course I fully agree with you. 

But I still think there are some gamers who still think of this game as more of a racing game than a simulation game. Then imagine what it would be like in the game again if this speed limit really changed. We can only wait, but every updates which gets to TMP is always cool :HaulieLove:

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Greetings, fellow trucker!

I believe it is most unlikely that this kind of reckless server would survive within the community. 
As we all know the change was made as a result of the recent survey, but as we have seen until now that server is also being very unsupported by the majority of these players,

so i wonder how long it will remain as a server that is limitless on it's speed. 

By taking a look of the past week's statistics of the new server, it seems to be clear to me at least that the community wanted to try it out in the beginning like with everything new, but then it goes back to normal,

I believe it is a matter of time before the server gets removed again, as it becomes more and more dead, like the Arcade server.
What i do not understand is, why do we have 2 servers where only collisions is the difference. Which one will survive?

Keep in mind that red line refers to SIM 2 and purple line refers to the overall activity at TruckersMP's servers

image.png

My supported languages:

English, Danish, Norwegian

Helpfull Links:

Support | Rules | Feedback | Appeal

1 hour ago, [MF-Founder] Fan Ci said:

Hi blabberbeak,

It can't exceed 200 kilometers anyway, no speed limit used to exist, the speed was seeing Scania and Volvo 180

1 hour ago, Stones8000 said:

Nous avons les serveurs d'arcade pour cette raison. La plupart des camions n'atteignent même pas 150 de toute façon, il n'y aurait donc pas besoin d'augmenter davantage la limite. Je doute également fortement qu'un AUTRE nouveau serveur soit créé car TMP a des ressources limitées.

Hey... many trucks reach 172 Kmh on flat road, with 10 Tons, and since many years now, on Arcade, arcade Promods & solo to... you just change the Gear box with a long torque such as 3.25 (not with a short powerful torque such as 3.85), with Scania 730 HP or Volvo 750 HP also. So indeed, no need a new server, the arcade are enough (just careful with downhill on road, to not lose the delivery beyond 180 Kmh). 

If you have tested how dangerous the Scania S 730hp is in any corner with a low weight load with a speed of 90 kilometers, the 110 km speed TMP is also quite enough, especially for a simulation game. In the past, we have observed what kind of problems arise between a speed of 150 kilometers and a C-D with only 2 lanes. But I also understand what @blabberbeak meant.

When TMP was launched, as ETS2MP, there was only one server without any forced speed limits.

EU#1 was changed later to be limited at 90 Km/h.

When EU#2 was opened, it had no speed limits. There was EU#1 with 90 Km/h limit, EU#2 with no limit.

EU#2 was changed later to be limited at 150 Km/h.

With Road to Simulation, EU#1 was changed to Simulation 1 and its speed limit raised to 110 Km/h, as a compromise between hard and casual simulation. EU#2 was changed to Arcade with no speed limits and no collisions among players.

What they have done now is none of those cases. IMO, it shouldn't have been called "Back to Basics", but "EU#2 is back". It's the only real change they did.

In any case and as it has been mentioned already, I once ran a test in the arcade server and I could barely reach 150-160 Km/h with most trucks, so changing Sim 2 to no speed limits wouldn't make a lot of difference. And if that's what the majority wants, I suppose that TMP would go for it.

EDIT: Correction, adding EU#2 back (under the improper name of Simulation2) was not the only change. They also changed the capacity of all (or most) servers.

• Like 1

For the more veterans of TruckersMP, if you still remember correctly, at the very beginning the speed limits hadn't been set, but there were very few who played, so it was also feasible ... I'm talking about the beginning, therefore 2014-2015 ... Then as it became more and more "popular" to players and there were quite a few crashes or players playing as if they were in F1 set it to 150kmh...and it was there for a few years..by now this game was becoming more and more more popular and appreciated by gamers, the streets filled up, the turnout began to increase and they lowered the limits and reinforced the rules of the game ... now, we are in 2023, I who have been playing since the beginning of TMP know a lot, many things have changed, some for the better and some for the worse...but i would like to remind all those who want the high limits or remove the limits altogether... you are playing a truck simulation game... so are the real trucks are limited to 80/89kmh it would be right that they are limited here too...moreover, not everyone knows how to drive at high speeds...they reach corners too fast, or they overturn or run into you... in my opinion 110kmh is fun , but if we want to respect the game we should all go 90kmh. I'm sorry for those who want to race or have misunderstood this game, it's not made for F1 races or races... so 150kmh is already too much...As well as adding vehicles like cars and buses for me on a simulator called Truck Simulator there shouldn't be...but there should be a lot more truck models etc...to stay on topic... I don't know if I explained myself...

• Like 1

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

• 4 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Former 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).webp.e92a68917998ce91b48b9c8d98f4dc5f.png.239dff30ac57308a6fb0607cadd7f7f5.png +1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed + 997284533_role_DiscordModerator(2).png.4d49ace905a7df14559189939444e2de.png.b3dd915bca893b88f34287297a750f21.png 

Appeal your ban | Report a player | Feedback Ticket | Recruitment | Support  | KB |

Join my YouTube Discord