we want the old calaisroad back!

I agree with the nostalgia aspect but (for me) I really like the new C-D Road.

They should leave the update as it is for now and in 3 or 6 months create a poll whether we leave it as it is now or whether we want the old road back.
Just like we did with the speed limit.

But I'm looking forward to your answers!

• True Story 4

tmp-bio.png     ZWQDalw.png     795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e   status.png

Well, I haven't seen any confirmation if its temporary or not (that said, it would be a LOT of work for just a joke), but I much prefer it this way.

Duisburg was changed because it had problems that made the experience of driving arguably worse and was a nightmare for moderation (remember the entire city being NCZ for months?)

Its safer for people who want to do 80-90kmh and at the same time allows people to overtake that want to go faster without it being a death sentence for both involved

With the amount of people that use the road its silly to have it just be 1 lane in either direction for its entirety, any reasonable country with the funding would turn it into a motorway (or use trains instead, but that's for a different game 🙃)

And if you want chaos, people are absolutely still crashing all the time.

• Upvote 2

24H4oa0.jpg

Still don’t know if it’s temporary or not. Yes, it’s a lot of work changing that for just a joke. We will see that in the future.

Edit: Actually, it’s a nice experience if it will be temporary. I’ve always wondered how the C-D road would be if it was a highway and now we can experience it.

I personally like more this C-D,finally there are no more reckless overtaking and unnecessary collisions...although for what little I've been there I've already seen accidents...like where there are gas station works in progress...people stop in the middle of the road as if nothing happened and create unnecessary accidents...for people coming from the highway braking from 110kmh to 0 is not easy...especially if you are heavy...and you get into accidents because of the unconscious people who are curious to see what's going on there... I think that even in this way it is already entertaining enough...

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

In my opinion the C-D road was so popular not because players wanted to get to Calais or Duisburg safely, rather because they wanted a challenge navigating through the chaos, overtaking slower drivers, trying to survive the whole road without damaging the truck etc. but now it is just a straight motorway like 95% of the ETS2 map.

Changing the road has ruined the fun aspect of driving from Calais to Duisburg or vice versa. People may argue that the old road was ‘too small for the amount of players who used it’ and it needed updating, but obviously it had the opposite effect as now half the road going towards Calais is stationary traffic…

There is still a chance it was just for April fools though, as the Skoda monster trucks were still in the game yesterday. If they are removed and the new road isn’t then we will know for certain.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 'AboutViki. said:

for people coming from the highway braking from 110kmh to 0 is not easy...especially if you are heavy...

I don't see any difficulty if

• one drives at a reasonable speed,
  • considers the traffic situation,
  • considers one's truck,
  • considers one's trailer,
  • considers one's cargo,
  • considers one's driving experience, and
  • keeps a sufficient safety distance.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Yes, the old C-D made many truck drivers fall in love with sim1. But I think the new C-D makes roads safer, which is not a bad thing

中国MF团队,数一数二垂直制表字符在中国。

i think the last days with the new C-D road wasn't an experience. yes, many people was driving but only because it was an new one and everyone wanna see that. if its temporary, i think the c-d road lost attractivity because it will be easy to drive it, without chaos and traffic jams. with one lane, there are more traffic jams and chaos. thats why many people drive c-d, i think. 😄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator