Did ETS2 helped you pass your driving lessons ?

Atlass__

Hello. 

Nothing compares to driving in real life, but it always gives you a sense of what it will be like in real life. 

If in the game you have an accident you press F7 and go back to the workshop in real life there is no such thing. 

I wish you the best of luck to get your driving license and remember to drive carefully. 

24 minutes ago, JamesS014 said:

I haven’t taken my test yet but for the theory side, it can be kinda helpful with sign knowledge etc 

Driving itself wise, it’ll always be different.

1 hour ago, "RICKY" said:

Hello. 

Nothing compares to driving in real life, but it always gives you a sense of what it will be like in real life. 

If in the game you have an accident you press F7 and go back to the workshop in real life there is no such thing. 

I wish you the best of luck to get your driving license and remember to drive carefully. 

As these two friends said, I have not taken the exam, but I can roughly know what the situation is in reality. It's true that in case of a car accident or other things in the game, you can use F7 or file reading to solve the problem, but the reality is completely different!

Interestingly though, it did help me to pass my driving test.

You need to practise on your reaction when somebody is driving like crazy, and depend on where are they, the distance, and what will possibly their next steps. Against that, what do you need to do and prepare.

It gives you sense to know not just about your car, your control, but your eyes will also try to catch the surrounding traffic to make sure you can drive safely and pass your test.

For driving theory and skills, it helped basically nothing. 

Last but not least, in real world, people wouldn't drive as crazy as in TruckersMP. You have unlimited lives in TruckersMP but 1 in real life, so probably people tends to go safe to take good care of their lives.

While driving in this game is much different the more you play it the more it actually does help you when it comes to IRL. Especially in terms of simulation servers, if you drive in more busy areas it helps you to gain a sense of everything you need to look for such as traffic lights, signage, other vehicles, dangers and so much more.

I would never say a game is the same as IRL though as it honestly is so different.

I would say that depending on your game settings and setup, ETS2 can give you a sense of driving in irl which can help with passing driving tests. For me, I was already traveling a lot via road with my family so even though I wasn't driving, I still had a sense of what it felt when I was getting my hours for my license so I can't say for sure if ETS2 or ATS helped me in that matter. However, I do have to say that with my wheel and large monitor setup, the immersion that it provides has helped me gain a sense of where I need to look when turning, judging gaps in spacing for turns and lane changes, as well as hazard detection with all of the crazy drivers both in AI for singleplayer and TMP. While I would definitely not rely fully on ETS2/ATS experience as driving in real life is different and requires lots of practice, if given the opportunity, I would use it as a way to get extra practice and experience with the things I mentioned before but be aware that even with that the feeling of having the car that you're in control of in motion does change things especially when first starting out to drive. 

For anyone wondering, I am a licensed driver now in the USA and did pass my test so I'm mainly speaking from my own experience here.

Thanks to Ets2, I was able to pass the driver's license exam easily. Since I have 1900 hours of Ets2, I learned how to drive, all the signs in the game on the road, so I had no difficulty in the exam.

(I'm playing with the steering wheel set.[DFGT]) :woah:

Sincerely,

Expectancy

TruckersMP - Game Moderator                   
 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0

• Useful Links •
Official TruckerMP Rules | SupportFeedback | Reports | Appeal a Ban

Yes, thanks to games such as ets2 and city car, my steering control has improved a lot. This is the most important thing in the driving exam and the inspectors pay attention to it. Playing these games contributes to the learning of traffic rules. But i want to suggest never compare it to real experience. The vehicle you drive, the condition of the traffic, the weather or even the type of road can affect your driving. Do not miss your driving lessons. Drive safely!

TOTAL.png.edacbed43e114077fdc7cb45ce8e0025.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Hey! 

Due to the fact that this topic has been inactive for over 14 days (2 weeks,) I have to archive this topic. However, don't let this deter your activity on our forums! We encourage activity, as we love hearing what you love to talk about! Make sure to stay healthy! 

//Locked and Archived

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived