Ping limit

Suggestion Name: Ping limit
Suggestion Description: Ping limit is for people that don't love laggers.. The max ping in the server is 125ms. But i see people with 400+ ping some time.. If there is a auto kick system for that people with 125ms+ than its normal playing.

Any example imageshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex5-HnC_dro

Why should it be added?: serious people will normal play. And if are people with more than 125ms ping than he don't can play normal.

• Upvote 1

more servers means less people on the road,something comunity in general doesnt likes.

i think we gotta live with it with a bit of lagg left and right.its just impossible for lets say american (north and south) or australian or asian people to have a ping of 125 for example..

and as theres alot of cool people in those regions aswell i think this is a bad idea.sorry.

But i think buy better internet. Or make more servers ? Of says how to make a own server than its nice ?

>buy better internet

I live in the USA. EVERY SINGLE SERVER I connect to in the France/Germany area no matter the game, I get ~ 150ms - 180ms ping.

I think you need to gain a better understanding of how ping and the internet in general works before you make suggestions like this in the future.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

Honestly players with 200 ping are not an issue. Players with 300+ maybe, but you can easily avoid players with high ping by........driving around them. You can pass almost everywhere in Europe except in the cities, where there are multiple pathways to the same place. I live in the USA and usually get a ping of 100 or 110 but sometimes I end up with 180 so if you're saying half the time I play I should be banned from the server then no thanks. Maybe the ping limit is too high but no lower than 400.

I can understand where you are coming from, no one likes laggers but what I am getting at here is:
You are telling people such as myself that we are not allowed to play on the MP mod because we are too far from the server? I'm sorry but...that is bullshit. To those who say that people with high ping are the cause of ramming and crashing, have you only been playing the mod for one day???

Kalido.jpg

My ping is in a steady 300ms and I've never lagged anyone...

It's not because of the ping to the server. But because of the quality of the internet you are connected and lag spikes...

I've seen people with ping lower than 100ms having the same issues as the one you posted on the video ontop...

PbF4Qgv.png
Retired Team Member
// Report // Ban appeal // Ingame rules // Support //

Suggestion Description: Ping limit is for people that don't love laggers.. The max ping in the server is 125ms. But i see people with 400+ ping some time.. If there is a auto kick system for that people with 125ms+ than its normal playing.

Why should it be added?: serious people will normal play. And if are people with more than 125ms ping than he don't can play normal.

My ping is averaged around 160 ms. I'm sure over 70 % Of the playerbase has over 125 ms ping, drives normal but can't "play" normal. This is restricting our rights of access to the Multiplayer game (In Canada, this is contradicting to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms indirectly).

But i think buy better internet. Or make more servers ? Of says how to make a own server than its nice ?

Better internet will not solve the problem. You don't know what ping is, do you? It's the time it takes for information to be transferred to your server from your device and back. And servers are extremely expensive. Say, 500 a month? If you can pay that much then of course, be my guest. This is a mod made by ambitious individuals and has no direct association with SCS (Except for use of base game) Therefore we can not pull money out of their pockets either.

Sorry, this suggestion kind of angered me. If I have offended you, it was not intentional and I sincerely apologize.

Regards,

Ken (Lemmonez)

Happy Trucking! :)

Proud member of BLACKOUT TRUCKING. Join us now !

41.png

If you hate laggers then go play single player

YouTube_logo_2013.svg.png

Internet: Not a issue

More servers? No demand

Have your own personal server (im guessing thats what it meant): Devs will never release the code.

USA Server is in Quebec, Canada. I see pings on it as low as 15 usually about 30.

EU server (yes its only one server, 2 virtual setups) is in France. I usually get 112-150, Avg 120-128.

Your suggestion would make me not wanting to play mp on any server but USA. Issue? Not really... But it would be a good reason to quite...

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

USA Server is in Quebec, Canada. I see pings on it as low as 15 usually about 30.

EU server (yes its only one server, 2 virtual setups) is in France. I usually get 112-150, Avg 120-128.

Your suggestion would make me not wanting to play mp on any server but USA. Issue? Not really... But it would be a good reason to quite...

Atleast you'd still have a server you can connect to >.> US and EU my ping sits above 300

Kalido.jpg