logohd.png

Hello,

new update is here.

Changelog:

1. New report system.
  2. Speedlimiter has been disabled.
  3. Added support for Russian paintjobs.
  4. Removed wintermod and snowing.
  5. Changes in user commands. To see available commands type /help.
  6. Some changes in scoreboard.
  7. Changed default font.

Happy trucking!

ETS2MP Team

Will this update work with people who have 64 bit ?

Hello;

When is the next update. I have no desire to go to when I will always rammed just because the drive without speed.

I will not play the game only once since it is so does not make a fun and realism missing.

Please as soon as possible new version. There are more and more players stay away.

Yeah. I get where you're both coming from it essentially is the utmost very basics but even though SCS has called the game 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' it does barely brush the realms of actual simulators, this is what I meant in my first post to you. If those aspects were part of the base game I would consider it an actual simulator as I've used DCS: A10C which in short, if you learned the 600+ page manual for all the systems etc. by heart the aircraft model is so accurate that you would be able to fly the actual aircraft in person. That to me is a simulator, ETS2 as much as I do love the game eh.. it falls short in that aspect in my opinion.

True, i remember when i had the PMDG 737 for Flight Simulator X, spend months on reading the manuals on my laptop while trying stuff out on my pc in-game. I certainly learned something, and hopefully i'll never have to apply it in real life!  :lol:  It's a shame however that most people in ETS2 don't know how to drive. They don't know how trucks communicate with each other in real life. Since the limiter has been removed i have been overtaken by a dozen of trucks, and either they don't know what i mean when i signal them with my high beams, or they don't know how to thank me with their blinkers. I think every new player should be forced to watch a tutorial on these things. How to reverse into a dock, how to overtake, how to control the truck, etc. Some players are so impatient that they won't even brake after they gained speed, no matter what situation. This is one of the main problems in ETS2MP.

True, i remember when i had the PMDG 737 for Flight Simulator X, spend months on reading the manuals on my laptop while trying stuff out on my pc in-game. I certainly learned something, and hopefully i'll never have to apply it in real life!  :lol:  It's a shame however that most people in ETS2 don't know how to drive. They don't know how trucks communicate with each other in real life. Since the limiter has been removed i have been overtaken by a dozen of trucks, and either they don't know what i mean when i signal them with my high beams, or they don't know how to thank me with their blinkers. I think every new player should be forced to watch a tutorial on these things. How to reverse into a dock, how to overtake, how to control the truck, etc. Some players are so impatient that they won't even brake after they gained speed, no matter what situation. This is one of the main problems in ETS2MP.

Agree. A "school" to the new players would be great. Maybe after that, they can drive without problems at, at least, 90 km/h.

• Upvote 2

Trucking isn't just driving a big thing... It is a passion. :)

Agree. A "school" to the new players would be great. Maybe after that, they can drive without problems at, at least, 90 km/h.

Great idea, and increase ban lenght for those who find it funny to damage trucks because it`s "fun" or drive like those TR guys.

• Upvote 1

I'm getting confused, everyone wanted to get rid of the speedlimiter, now it's gone and everyone wants it back?

I can't confirm that. Maybe all the kiddies around here who don't get the meaning of a truck SIMULATION wanted the speed limiter turned off, cause they're mixing this game up with Need for Speed... Me for myself, I never wanted it to be disabled. Even with the speed limiter to 90 kph there are some players driving way too fast, especially on scenic routes, resulting in them being incapable of controlling their trucks which in the end leads to cutting corners and stuff like that. I don't want to make up what these morons will now do, when they're able to drive far more than 100 kph...

It just doesn't make any sense to try to keep the road safe on the one hand, and move away one of the most important preventions of things going worse at the same time. Plus: What is the free roam server for? People who want to mess around and drive around at full speed, disrespecting almost every traffic rules should go there. I really like the idea of the mp-version of the game in the beginning, but with disabling the speed limiter you have made a big step away from any realism in my opinion. This is just an invitation for all the kiddies around to speed wherever they can, destroying the other player's games. So I think I'll have to stick to SP until the limiter gets turned on again... :(

• Upvote 1

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Plus: What is the free roam server for? People who want to mess around and drive around at full speed, disrespecting almost every traffic rules should go there. I really like the idea of the mp-version of the game in the beginning, but with disabling the speed limiter you have made a big step away from any realism in my opinion. This is just an invitation for all the kiddies around to speed wherever they can, destroying the other player's games. So I think I'll have to stick to SP until the limiter gets turned on again... :(

The freeroam server no longer exists at this moment in time, there's only EU1 with a user capacity of 5000 users again and then there's US1 with a 1500 capacity. EU2, which was the freeroam server is gone. 

nz3d07.jpg

I really like the idea of the mp-version of the game in the beginning, but with disabling the speed limiter you have made a big step away from any realism in my opinion. This is just an invitation for all the kiddies around to speed wherever they can, destroying the other player's games. 

That's exactly what i thought when i read that the speed-limiter is disabled.

I still can remember the situation in summer last year, when the speedlimiter was disabled the last time. It was nearly impossible to make one single delivery without any damage for cargo and/or truck. If you where lucky to get the cargo delivered with only 1-6 % damage, then the repair cost of the truck made it impossible to gain some money.

It only went better when the limiter was back on.

If i play a SIMULATOR, i try to play it as close to reality as possible. In case of ETS2 this means driving within the (real life) speedlimits of the specific country, where i'm driving and respecting the rules of the road.

So my choice on this is clear: no more multiplayer until the limiter is enabled again.

Regards

Dirk

Sorry for my bad english. It's not my natural language.

You guys probably have been playing MP long before me and you have a lot more experience in that matter, but those few accidents I was involved in, happened not because of disabling the speed limit, but because of immature trolls or just impatient dummies. What annoys me the most is that this mod constantly encourages us to report abuses, but none of those I filled in were executed. And I do that very rarely and only when it's obvious malignancy. I understand the limitations though, I get that admins have a lot of work every day and I don't know how this whole report system works, but still.... :)

As for speed limit topic itself - whether this is a joke or not, I kinda get the intention (I think). They ease up on rules a bit to release the pressure - you can drive fast, but it's your responsibility and you might be banned for that if something goes wrong. And those who don't need speeding, won't do that.

I think enabling screenshots while moving would be a nice feature since not everyone is recording. Is this possible?

• Upvote 1

Seriously... what is truck?

That's exactly what i thought when i read that the speed-limiter is disabled.

I still can remember the situation in summer last year, when the speedlimiter was disabled the last time. It was nearly impossible to make one single delivery without any damage for cargo and/or truck. If you where lucky to get the cargo delivered with only 1-6 % damage, then the repair cost of the truck made it impossible to gain some money.

It only went better when the limiter was back on.

If i play a SIMULATOR, i try to play it as close to reality as possible. In case of ETS2 this means driving within the (real life) speedlimits of the specific country, where i'm driving and respecting the rules of the road.

So my choice on this is clear: no more multiplayer until the limiter is enabled again.

When that happens, use the report system, that's why it exists. People have to respect each others. In real life, in a city you CAN drive more than 50 km/h, but you SOULD NOT do it, right? Same here, you can but you sould not, in respect of others. If they troll you, just report, and if you can, record it.

That's what I think.  :P

• Upvote 1

Trucking isn't just driving a big thing... It is a passion. :)

When that happens, use the report system, that's why it exists. People have to respect each others. In real life, in a city you CAN drive more than 50 km/h, but you SOULD NOT do it, right? Same here, you can but you sould not, in respect of others. If they troll you, just report, and if you can, record it.

That's what I think, :P

Great post! :D