Jump to content
Wheezy

Public Statement Regarding Recent Events

Recommended Posts

Dear Community,

 

It has come to our attention that some controversy has been caused by a certain user being unbanned. Our reasoning behind doing so took the entire situation, including server, existing bugs and more into account and deep consideration. Whether it is an in-game, Discord or forum issue… We are always on hand to consider all the possibilities and outcomes.

 

We must stress that at no point was the player's community group commitments an influence on the decision. If we decide to remove a ban or a player’s punishment on any of our platforms, we do this after taking all the necessary details into account. Whenever a situation arises, like the one in question, the full upper staff team discusses it in detail and then a decision is made considering all of the members of the TMP Upper Staff team.

With the above being taken into account, we have un-banned this player in accordance with the Upper Staff team’s decision. We encourage our community to remain civil during this situation, and invite anyone with questions to use the feedback system found here

 

Update: 24/07/2018: TruckersMP is intended to be a close online community where all people with the same passion for virtual truckers can enjoy a great time together. Rules are put in place to ensure that everyone can enjoy driving on our virtual roads.

 

With the recent events, our game management has reviewed a ban which involved a glitch and decided to remove this ban based on various facts. However, with the decision made a rule was not enforced and this should not have happened. Our management team has made a mistake here and we openly admit that this mistake has taken place. After a second review, with higher management involved, we revert the decision and the user in question is banned for violating rule 2.1 - bug abusing.

 

In no way do we encourage our community to violate rules and to look for loopholes. We care for our community and we always aim for the best experience possible. All of us at the TruckersMP management would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. For any questions you may have, we invite you to contact us through our feedback service so we are able to give you a personalized reply on your enquiry.

 

Happy trucking.

 

Kindest Regards,

TruckersMP Management

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • True Story 1
  • Woah! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@[LazyT] SamTheTacoYT He's given an update, and given the information you need to know. He was unbanned because that was the decision made. The details used to consider the fact where mentioned: "took the entire situation, including server, existing bugs and more into account and deep consideration". And he hasn't written too much. He's given you what you need to know, you just haven't read properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being out of the loop on this entire situation, all this tells me is that some banned user got unbanned. 

 

I have absolutely no idea what this user got banned for or who they are. Who they are isn't necessary information for someone like me, however it would be nice to know depending on the reason they got banned for. 

 

And because of that, I'd like to know what they got banned for. I also wish to know if other users who made the same offence will be reconsidered too? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DJ Jefferz said:

TMP won't be releasing details of course, Don't expect details to be shared either

It's a shame because simply releasing the details would gain the respect of a large portion of the community. TMP takes itself far too seriously these days to do that these days.

  • True Story 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TrademarkGamer said:

It's a shame because simply releasing the details would gain the respect of a large portion of the community. Tmp takes itself far too seriously these days to do that these days.

We don't know what all those details are or if some fall under confidentiality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, [Viva] Daltonconn said:

We don't know what all those details are or if some fall under confidentiality. 

If there is personal information a simple photo edit can blur that out. The ISP was made by the TMP team and can be breached by the TMP team to re gain the community's respect. Simply saying there's an ISP is not good enough, it's an online mod, not a government organisation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SgtBreadStick said:

It's not just that, if no details are released. The flame wars will continue forever until that user is either gone or banned.

You are exactly right. Also they don't have to release any details if they don't want. At the end of the day when you run something and it can't be perfect ya know. Sometimes when you add more details that makes the situation worse. Its like adding fuel to a fire it makes the fire worse. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TrademarkGamer said:

If there is personal information a simple photo edit can blur that out. The ISP was made by the TMP team and can be breached by the TMP team to re gain the community's respect. Simply saying there's an ISP is not good enough, it's an online mod, not a government organisation

We made the ISP for a reason: to not disclose that kind of information. Same how GDPR is made to protect user data and privacy. The people who set that up would not break their own protocols. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, konfig0 said:

We made the ISP for a reason: to not disclose that kind of information. Same how GDPR is made to protect user data and privacy. The people who set that up would not break their own protocols. 

What is the reason for not disclosing that information though? I see no reason to no post things such as the ban appeals with any personal information blured. I can say with absoloute certainty realeasing this would gain the respect of a large portion of the community. As I said eariler, the TMP team is an online mod not a government agency or something like that. Just saying we made the ISP not to disclose that info isn't going to wash with a lot of the community.

  • True Story 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its really nothing to make a drama about guys, people will be banned and unbanned everyday. this was only posted to the forums because of the circumstances

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TrademarkGamer said:

What is the reason for not disclosing that information though? I see no reason to no post things such as the ban appeals with any personal information blured. I can say with absoloute certainty realeasing this would gain the respect of a large portion of the community. As I said eariler, the TMP team is an online mod not a government agency or something like that. Just saying we made the ISP not to disclose that info isn't going to wash with a lot of the community.

 

Exactly, It's an online mod, why is everyone going so crazy about it, it's not like the UK just split in half or anything, but that's what people are treating it like...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joe_ said:

 

Exactly, It's an online mod, why is everyone going so crazy about it, it's not like the UK just split in half or anything, but that's what people are treating it like...

I agree with you it's a mod. You can give your feedback on the issue here as Horizon mentioned on the blog post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TrademarkGamer said:

What is the reason for not disclosing that information though? I see no reason to no post things such as the ban appeals with any personal information blured. I can say with absoloute certainty realeasing this would gain the respect of a large portion of the community. As I said eariler, the TMP team is an online mod not a government agency or something like that. Just saying we made the ISP not to disclose that info isn't going to wash with a lot of the community.

I'm still looking for the answer when a part of the community got relevant into the situation with Quad. I believe it's something between TruckersMP Staff and Quad himself and I frankly think the rest of the community hasn't gotten anything to do with it either.

 

That's why I also don't understand the discussions about it, we don't unban people if we got solid proof but as mentioned in the post there have been several reasons.

I can assure you I am personally not friends with Quad (I barely know him and VIVA for a fact), so I am not biased.

 

This is a case like any other for me, and I don't have any understanding of the fact why people have the need to suddenly be relevant into this situation while they hadn't had a role in it in the first place.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joe_ said:

Exactly, It's an online mod, why is everyone going so crazy about it, it's not like the UK just split in half or anything, but that's what people are treating it like...

It's called passion. We know the mod could become far better than it is right now, it's just a shame that the team isn't being transparrent.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, konfig0 said:

I'm still looking for the answer when a part of the community got relevant into the situation with Quad. I believe it's something between TruckersMP Staff and Quad himself and I frankly think the rest of the community hasn't gotten anything to do with it either.

 

That's why I also don't understand the discussions about it, we don't unban people if we got solid proof but as mentioned in the post there have been several reasons.

I can assure you I am personally not friends with Quad (I barely know him and VIVA for a fact), so I am not biased.

 

This is a case like any other for me, and I don't have any understanding of the fact why people have the need to suddenly be relevant into this situation while they hadn't had a role in it in the first place.

I, personally, couldn't care less who got banned and who didn't get banned. My main point is that there is a simple soloution to a simple problem which could stop all of this.

^Also, the fact that a member of the team has posted a public statement about it means that you've made it public interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TrademarkGamer said:

I, personally, couldn't care less who got banned and who didn't get banned. My main point is that there is a simple soloution to a simple problem which could stop all of this.

It should not have started in the first place since the community hasn't gotten any relevance into this situation. 

 

We've written up our reasoning, and if people have questions about that reasoning feel free to ask - but we are certainly not going to break our own ISP over a situation which shouldn't have existed in the first place.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, konfig0 said:

It should not have started in the first place since the community hasn't gotten any relevance into this situation. 

 

We've written up our reasoning, and if people have questions about that reasoning feel free to ask - but we are certainly not going to break our own ISP over a situation which shouldn't have existed in the first place.

As I editied in my original post, you've made it public interest by posting a whole topic about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...