Reporting players ingame: When does session record start?

Zisch

Question

I've noticed my ingame reports are usually being rejected while my website reports with video footage are mostly getting accepted.
I have seen videos on YouTube where game moderators are capable of replaying sessions over and over for decent evaluations.
My question is: When does recording the session after reporting a player actually start? The moment it gets reported or is everyone already being recorded beforehand?
The former would explain why my ingame reports are mostly getting rejected because the recorded sessios don't show what happened before.

9 answers to this question

I maybe wrong, but I believe that the "recorded session" when you send an in-game report is from the previous 2 minutes, just like some gameplay recording softwares have (I use nVidia Share with 5 minutes instant replay). Most in-game reports are "discarded", rather than "rejected", meaning that they have a lifespan of 10 minutes and there are hundreds being sent every minute, so game moderators have no time to check them all. That's why it's a lot better to get video if you can and send web reports, they are always seen and dealt with. Check the messages you receive, if they are something like "No action was taken against..." it usually means that the 10 minutes ran out and no game moderators claimed the report in that period. And you can also check the time, those messages usually appear 10 minutes after you sent the report, for this same reason, nobody was able to attend it in time (too many reports and not so many GMs).

Hello, 

But it is recommended website reports>>>For this :truestory:

I think this'll help you.

Best Regards.

Forz0214

From the moment you create a in game report the session goes back the last 2 minutes. It's probably not that their getting declined but more that the amount of reports are not getting dealt with in time causing the report to be deleted. You see in game reports are deleted after 5-10 mins if they are not dealt with in that time frame. So, if you are on a busy server like EU2 where lots of reports are made every minute, chances are it won't be dealt with in game. 

You're better to use web reports on places like EU2 and using in game report on quieter servers or Event servers

Hope this helps

76561198156098217.png || status.png|| tbdl

Currently: 169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.3799d5821e5418f1e7f90e9025c25f07.png || 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png || 1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b44684b362beaaf0d467874cc636b90.png
Former: 320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab994248e1702aca34608fe9fef.png || role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d1c00c4aa0.png || 1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed19b45f1a4578f523eb15a14e464.png || 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0bdc461dcc23eb1025208aa6b8c4.png

10 minutes ago, Zischpeng said:

I've noticed my ingame reports are usually being rejected

Uhm no, if no one claims your report within 10 minutes the System automatically deletes it.

My question is: When does recording the session after reporting a player actually start? The moment it gets reported or is everyone already being recorded beforehand?

Pretty sure that the Game Moderator can see the last 2-3 minutes. And yes everyone is being recorded.

The former would explain why my ingame reports are mostly getting rejected because the recorded sessios don't show what happened before.

^ See first answer. It also depends on what message you get. If the game mod claims your Report it says "Action has been taken against the player you reported" If no Game mod claims it, it should say "No action has been taken against player...... " So it's not the same ;) 

kind regards

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

It's highly likely that they're not being rejected, they're just not being checked due to a lack of Game Moderators online.

Therefore, if you want someone to get properly punished, it's always good to create a website report.

When you report a perpetrator in-game, it'll save the previous two minutes for a Game Moderator to see.

For reference,

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

Hello,

As soon as you report the player will start recording, but though you are advised to register. Also, please look at the topics:

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

Question has been answered sufficiently and best answer marked. Thank you all for your participation. @Zischpeng, it is true that the message that appears currently when the ingame report expires, is a bit confusing and changing it might be a valid point. So in case it hasn't been done yet, you can suggest it in our suggestion sub-forum: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/8-new-suggestions/. Please ensure that you follow the given format though if you decide to post your suggestion.

Topic closed and moved to 'Solved'

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel