How well does AMD CrossFire work in ETS2MP?

Rootyyy

Question

Looking for a cheap upgrade to my PC, I currently have a HD7790 1GB and don't want to fork out another £150+ on an entirley new GPU, as I have car insurance to cover (it's very expensive for new drivers in the UK). Do you think I'd see any performance improvement with a second HD7790 or not?

My PC's other specs:

Intel i5-4670k

MSI Z87-G55

2x4GB HyperX Red DDR3 @ 1600Mhz

Corsair CX500

13 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Sven67 said:

Maybe the game would work well just to avoid big places with lots of traffic :)

Avoid big places with lots of traffic? My game runs ok in Calais atm, between 10-20fps, are you saying that 2 cards is only going to improve the performance in certain areas, not sure it works that way :mellow: The idea is I want to raise my FPS in these areas, not avoid them!

Hello,

You can look at the following suggestions:

1. Two graphics cards close together will produce more heat and sound, and will draw more energy at the same time. If these are the issues that worry you, it is useful to stay away from SLI and Crossfire.
  2. All games may not support SLI and Crossfire. The fact that the game supports SLI or Crossfire is actually dependent on the driver. Nvidia and AMD frequently update their drivers to offer multi-GPU support for new games, but if your game does not support SLI or Crossfire, you may have to use a single GPU.
  3. SLI and Crossfire can sometimes cause a so called "micro stuttering". This effect may cause images to appear intermittent.

I would advise you to consider these issues.