No AI traffic?

Dan 'Diesel' Miller

Question

Hi folks,

Just joined today and I'm really impressed with how well the mod integrates with the game.

One thing I'm confused about though, why is there no AI traffic on the roads? Are there just some servers that don't have AI traffic on them or is it all of them? I understand it could possibly be too much load for the servers, but I'm just curious.

Cheers,

Dan

18 answers to this question

None of the servers have AI traffic, and I'd be surprised if they ever will.

Adding AI traffic has been suggested a lot in the past, and been rejected due to the simple reason that adding AI cars/ traffic will cause shear chaos on the servers: in busy areas, its already bad; adding AI traffic into the mix is going to cause busy areas of the map to get even worse in terms of traffic and trolls. Additionally, AI traffic will put more stress on the servers, and thus making a lot of users with the lower end PC's not being able to play.

If you look in the suggestions area of the forum, adding AI traffic has been suggested a heck of a lot: you may find some more information from those topics.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Like said,

+It would be hard to sync all these AI vehicles with all these players in TMP.

Greetz,DerPatrick9  eymAgcq.png P19Gj7N.png kxhDML1.png

Well.. at late hours /night/ it's already hell to drive, especially in Central - West - North-West Germany ..I can't imaging adding also AI's, haha.  Thank god that I have the DLC's for the entire avaiable map/cities atm. So I mostly drive on Scandinavia or France. And sometimes at the bottom of the map South Germany ~ Italy - something like that or sometimes around 'Going East DLC'.. but at all I try to avoid the most I can the map & cities that come just with the standart & pure game with no additional DLC's.  Yesterday I had 1 extreamly long job from Scandinavia to Viva la France  DLC's  and sadly I had to go thru that dangerous area where it's 100+ players most of the time around u.  
So yup, it's good without AI's.

Hello,

there isn't any AI in all servers, even in ATSMP. That has it's reasons:

1. Would make more lags when there are only 20 players in a location.

2. Rammers would abuse them so AI would block the road (and sometimes he stays forever on the location) and the problem is the Player which did this is not findable

3. Better things to make big jams. With Ai you can make big jams when you make it correctly (Calais-Duisburg would get blocked by all AI)

So i guess without AI is the game better, but there could be an Fix for the second reason:

Developers could make that hitting an AI vehicle automatically shows all players which hitted him. An way to ban the players.

On 10/30/2017 at 1:39 PM, Aestrial said:

None of the servers have AI traffic, and I'd be surprised if they ever will.

Adding AI traffic has been suggested a lot in the past, and been rejected due to the simple reason that adding AI cars/ traffic will cause shear chaos on the servers: in busy areas, its already bad; adding AI traffic into the mix is going to cause busy areas of the map to get even worse in terms of traffic and trolls. Additionally, AI traffic will put more stress on the servers, and thus making a lot of users with the lower end PC's not being able to play.

If you look in the suggestions area of the forum, adding AI traffic has been suggested a heck of a lot: you may find some more information from those topics.

as I find this hard on the lower end pc users MP no longer supports 32 bit PCs so there should no longer be any lower end PCs users I can agree with some of your reasons but I don't think the AI cars should have been removed... i Wish they make a test on this or new server with just AI only

Edited by Virus59X
miss spelled some words

hahaha I know it's a few days after Halloween.... but the image of the more populated cities in multiplayer WITH AI traffic is probably the scariest thing I've seen all month! Think I'm going to have nightmares tonight for sure ;)

It wouldn't matter if you had a beast computer or a potato.... this would be total rubbish short of everyone having fiber/gigabyte internet and a major server upgrade. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

Traffic would be really bad for performance unless there was like 10 or less players on the server. 2000 would be wayyyyyyyyy past the thresh hold of what the server and the average internet connection could handle. What's the point of traffic if you can only have like 10 or less traffic AI per country most of the time? To make traffic noticeable you'd need like 300 traffic AI entities per country.

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

/locked and moved to inactive topics due to inactivity.

image.png.d32d72f20578079aac89efa9358ba6dc.png

Reporting Player                    Appeal Your Ban                    Feedback System                    Rules