How am I Supposed to Report People

KWAiRT

We have people driving around hauling heavy load trailers with cars, constant ramming blocking and griefing, and I can't report these people because the log file is empty. The reporting process is just too awkward to use. I just spent twenty minutes trying to report these guys and it was just a waste of time.

Nachomonster64 is online and playing ATS now but does not show up in the log file. Here is a screenshot of him hauling a trailer with a car. Of course after explaining this to these guys I was blasted on the CD Radio. I just ignored it and decided to leave town only to be ramming on the opposite side of the road by UIP Junior.

Again these log files are empty so there is no way for me to get the user ID. I checked on STEAM if they are valid and they sure as hell are.

I cant even upload two pictures to this botched report because the system has failed.

Please take action two people they are not helping the game in any way shape or form and will just push people away.

Also is there an official TruckersMP discord where I can log in and report these people to some active mods or something that is a bit easier then wasting twenty minutes trying to report these tools instead of just dropping the hammer?

Really tired of being rammed, blocked, and wrecked. Idiots logging out on freeways and the list of stupid people doing stupid things is just out of control.

PS I know this is not in the right spot but WTF am I supposed to post it if not in the reporting forum or somewhere else? Hell just using the forum to post this message has me completely annoyed the website is so limited. I do apologize for posting this in the wrong forum however. What are we supposed to do though when the system fails?

ats_00181.jpg

Hello, please use /pinfo to show the truckersmp id for the people you are reporting.  Simply type in the number of the person you are recording and include this in your recording/picture.  Please note, that for many offenses such as ramming, just a screenshot may not be sufficient evidence

Please look at 

I WOULD advise using a video recording software.  If you have an nvidia GTX card, then shadowplay/share are inbuilt and can be used to record the last 5 mins of gameplay.

I also recommend OBS which is free and records your gameplay

Again the log files are empty so I can't get a valid user name but the one picture the forum lets me upload does show one of the offenders. If you want the screenshot of the llama ramming me on the wrong side of the road wrecking my truck I will gladly upload it. Do a manual search on both of those users you will see they are live and in game causing problems as we speak. Or Better yet get a mod to go and watch these idiots and you can thank me later.

Also Im not using OBS or Shadowplay to capture video. So it has to be done with screenshots or by speaking with a mod that can watch the offenders for themselves.

How does one become a mod to enforce rules on the server?

The admins unfortunately cannot see everything as there can over 3000 people online at a single time across many servers.  This is why we encourage people to record and report.  Remember they are also volunteers and have a life as well

Regarding the log files, this can be bypassed as I said before by using /pinfo and typing in the number you see of the player by their name eg /pinfo 328

I would advise doing this next time you are online.

Please read this thread about becoming an admin

Hello @KWAiRT,

I exactly know your feeling when being on the road and getting rammed or blocked by other people. However, you are very limited in such cases because you cannot do anything yourself - there need to be admins who are taking actions against perpetrators!

The only thing you can do is, as @oolala11 said correctly, to record those people and to report it after your drive. He already provided some guides but I am going to add some more, have a look down below:

Spoiler

However, referring to your other question,

1 hour ago, KWAiRT said:

Also is there an official TruckersMP discord

we indeed have an official Discord guild. You can find further information about it here:

Additionally, please refrain from using inappropriate language or profanity on our forums since it could be offensive towards others. Just as a reminder - the rules can be found here (click the word "here"). ;)

Kind regards,

Anriandor

/moved to General Discussion

Thank you kindly for the information and my apologies. I logged out last night after someone logged in on the interstate and wrecked me only to jump on first thing this morning and get rammed before I even had a coffee in me ;) That just didn't sound right either but anyways I have re-enabled logging to make sure that the log file has something in it. I'm assuming on the basic setting it will store the player id. I also noticed that an admin today on ETS2 Euro 2 was streaming and people were able to report people in the twitch chat. This kind of gives me an idea of how many reports are coming in real-time and how they look at them if they can. We had around 750 people on ATS NA1 yesterday but this morning the server was low pop when the incident happened. Just another reason to not cause problems online. The mods have enough to deal with already and nobody gets paid. I understand it's all for fun so people be cool and drive safe please.

7 minutes ago, sko0923 said:

You can also search their name on the TMP name in the search bar, as the names in game are now your names that you registered with on your TMP account, and not your Steam name.

One thing to note with this is that not everyone has forum accounts as far as I believe so this may not always work

4 hours ago, KWAiRT said:

I logged out last night after someone logged in on the interstate and wrecked me

For future reference the above is NOT bannable... Crazy right? 

Follow the links players have posted that will show you what you need to know. Recording is always better than an image because a video has more to show than a picture. For me, if I report a player driving a car with a trailer I make sure to get a video of them on the ROAD not in the yard. While they are in the yard the individual can still cancel their job, but once they get on the road the player has committed to driving a car with a trailer. It's always best to get the pinfo IN GAME (/pinfo playerID) this is the only thing that ties the player in the report to the actual incident, without it the report can fall apart. 

47 minutes ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

How can someone with an account that isn't activated play on TruckersMP, fhis is a question for admins here, look at his profile account status, also his statement is clear, this is a troublemaker on duty https://truckersmp.com/user/908065

Hello, I took a look at the link you've given and read the sentence below the player info. If you have any evidence about a violation of rule, make sure that you report it. I agree with you; that sentence is not friendly and kind to community/players.

@KWAiRT

It sounds strange for me, that your log-file stayed empty. Your sure about choosing the correct one?

Remember, the path is: Drive of your User-Data of your PC (in most cases C:) > USERS > [Your Windows-Accountname which is affected] > ATSMP > logs > log_spawning_[...]

I attached a screenshot to my post, so you can check (but i used the ETS-path - except for the Game-name its the same)

And another thing: Did you tried to delete the Documents > ATSMP-Folder - maybe that log-issue could get solved with that.

Or just to reinstall the Multiplayer, should be not so time-consuming ;). If you figured out how to report once, it gets very easy. 

And even if the logs wont work for you, consider what oolala11 told you: Use that /pinfo-command ingame, write down the time when the incident happened (and maybe the ID of the affected user)

and with a easy2use recording-software you being able to report also. I prefer shadow-play - part of Geforce Experience for Nvidia-GTX-Cards, because you can just push a button *after* the incident to record a several-minutes-time window backwards.

If your card is compatible for Shadow Play, you can see here: http://www.nvidia.de/object/geforce-experience-system-requirements-de.html (column "share").

OBS is a good alternative.

https://obsproject.com/

Best regards,

Futju

ETS.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived