Dynamic AFK detection + longer AFK time in parking lots

GKilat

Its a good suggestion,but its a lot of work to dev's to implement that.first they need to make all the parking area's around the map to make it NCZ zone because lets assume we have 2 parking slots and 5 members are waiting for it which will just cause chaos to park:D and we are having 10 minutes time before AFK Kick.if you really want more time for afk all you need to do just press Y->space->Enter or Y->/p->enter to reset afk timer .Imagine the server is full,many are waiting in queue but you will be at afk. If you can't finish what you need in 10 minutes then all you have to do is quit from server and give others a chance to join server,when you have completed , you can join back in the server. Rejoining back is more easy and queue is just 5 mins thing. :)

UxiKSFa.png

^

Aren't the parking lots already NCZ? There is no additional work for the dev team other than code to detect that you are in a parking lot and enable AFK as long as the server isn't busy. Why go all through that when we can improve afking? Is it really "away from keyboard" if you have to keep typing to prevent getting kicked?

Did you missed the part where I said afk detection turns back on when the server is busy? It will work exactly how afk is right now except now you can indefinitely afk if you are playing in a quiet server and gives incentive to players to play in less populated servers. This can actually lead to shorter queue times.

I appreciate the feedback although you may have missed some important points of my suggestions. Please do ask if you need clarification on some things.

• 3 weeks later...

I think a long waiting period will not be right. Even if it is a parking lot. why? because waiting for a long time will cause you to wait a long time on the login screen. If I have to restart the game, other players will have to do it for me. so everything is justice. but wait long time while we login, our will not like this situation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 5:20 AM, [SK] - TeR*Hao Nan said:

I don't see anything wrong with the current system. It gives other players a chance to get in and the servers are full. If you want what long peried exits and joins when you come back to join another server if you can't come back after a while.

What is wrong with the current system is the inconvenience of afking. Being afk isn't against the rules since resetting the afk timer by sending empty messages every few minutes is allowed so why not remove that inconvenience altogether? The suggestion addresses afks on busy servers so you might want to read that.

On 1/23/2018 at 1:04 PM, darkneon2002 said:

I'd be happy if we'd be kicked to the login screen instead of having to close the game and launching it again.

Not everyone has a very fast PC and especially accidental kicks for being AFK can be very frustrating.

Why not implement both? On top of indefinite afk on parking spots, if you did get kicked, you can quickly login back to the game. That's another suggestion though.

On 1/23/2018 at 3:35 PM, Carrera18 said:

I think a long waiting period will not be right. Even if it is a parking lot. why? because waiting for a long time will cause you to wait a long time on the login screen. If I have to restart the game, other players will have to do it for me. so everything is justice. but wait long time while we login, our will not like this situation.

If you are concerned about afks filling the server, that was already addressed with afks being kicked once the server gets too busy and freeing more spots for incoming players. In fact, this suggestion can help ease the server burden because people will want to play on low population server to afk without interruption and that means less queue time overall.

Thank you everyone for the discussions. Hopefully one of the devs will take notice and implement this.

6 hours ago, GKilat said:

If you are concerned about afks filling the server, that was already addressed with afks being kicked once the server gets too busy and freeing more spots for incoming players. In fact, this suggestion can help ease the server burden because people will want to play on low population server to afk without interruption and that means less queue time overall.

in that case, this suggestion should have a function according to the intensity of the server. The server can host 3700 players. A tolerance of up to 3500 can be shown. When the limit of 3500 players is reached, this should not be done. This is my idea.

On 2/20/2018 at 6:18 AM, Carrera18 said:

in that case, this suggestion should have a function according to the intensity of the server. The server can host 3700 players. A tolerance of up to 3500 can be shown. When the limit of 3500 players is reached, this should not be done. This is my idea.

That's exactly what I am suggesting. Indefinite afK is allowable below that number and everything above it reverts the afk system to the current one. I'm sure a lot of people would like that indefinite afk so they should, in theory, avoid high population servers and help lower queue time.

On 2/22/2018 at 4:48 PM, Rick Hunter said:

I would prefer to see a timer for when you're about to be kicked (at least 30secs) on screen than a larger time frame, the login screen would be a nice feature for not having to do all the steps to get online again, but its very unlikely to be brought to us.

It helps but does not solve the problem that afking is technically allowed and yet we have to resort to the inconvenient way of sending empty messages every few minutes to bypass it.

Do I need to tag someone from the dev team so they can come here and read my suggestion? If yes, can anyone tell me who to tag?  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I dont think a longer AFK time will be needed. 

If someone was AFK on the road and the AFK timer is now set to 10m that would be a wast of time to do and the user would just get banned for blocking. And you can always use (y , space , enter) to restart the timer if needed.

Best regards 

-Carmella 

Stay happy and safe

3 hours ago, [VIVA] Carmella said:

Hello,

I dont think a longer AFK time will be needed. 

If someone was AFK on the road and the AFK timer is now set to 10m that would be a wast of time to do and the user would just get banned for blocking. And you can always use (y , space , enter) to restart the timer if needed.

Best regards 

-Carmella 

Did you not read the OP? This idea is meant for uses of the parking lot where we can AFK indefinitely if the server is quiet. Blocking isn't an issue in NCZ so there should be no problem implementing it on a parking lot. Is it really "away from keyboard" if you are stuck in your keyboard to reset the timer? A side effect of implementing this feature is that players would be attracted to less populous servers to avail the indefinite AFK and lessening the overall queue times.

Anyway, thank you for the feedback.

23 minutes ago, GKilat said:

Did you not read the OP? This idea is meant for uses of the parking lot where we can AFK indefinitely if the server is quiet. Blocking isn't an issue in NCZ so there should be no problem implementing it on a parking lot. Is it really "away from keyboard" if you are stuck in your keyboard to reset the timer? A side effect of implementing this feature is that players would be attracted to less populous servers to avail the indefinite AFK and lessening the overall queue times.

Anyway, thank you for the feedback.

Haha oops :)

Stay happy and safe