Traffic control

xp3rt

I have noticed there are a lot of traffic jams. Many times I go there with my pilot skoda and block one lane till the other one empties and then block other one and release this one, and it helps clear up the jam. But people dont listen to me, they just ram and overtake and drive on wrong side of the road. I think you should have a special job called traffic control where you could apply and then get access to police car and paintjob, and when a jam happens we should all be in TS or Discord and talk about how to clear it up and then clearing up, and the drivers would have to listen to us. I think it would be very useful in areas with a lot of players. They could also be able to maybe close a road if there is an accident so the guy who had an accident can safely either reverse or transport to service center, cause I noticed that when somebody crashes people just ram him to a point where he cannot even reverse or do anything. I hope this becomes a thing because it would be nice!

-Tim

What you've just done my friend is admit to blocking which is against the rules and is a bannable offence.

The pilot skin on the car dies not exempt you from the rules or give you special permissions.

The only people who very rarely have the right to block a road is an IGA and that's only with permission from a Project Manager.

I suggest you stop doing this kind of thing immediately for your own benefit.

• Upvote 4

Many people have done this, you are not allowed to block the traffic or interfere with the traffic, you can cause more issues than you can solve and i strongly recommend that you refrain from doing it. 

Some posts similar to yours, 

Firstly, follow the suggestion format

Suggestions format
Suggestions have to follow the format:
Remember to keep your post structured and easy to read and keep it to one suggestion pr. thread.

For example:

Suggestion Name
Suggestion Description:

Any example images
Why should it be added?:

After, readh the rules: (https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/15-in-game-rules-en-14-01-17/)

- Blocking
Restricting a user's travel path, blocking entrances to highways or other entry points or anything similar.

- Inappropriate Convoy Management

Groups (And Individuals) which offer services such as piloting a convoy, or directing trucks during a convoy are not allowed to block, or slow down, traffic in any way, shape, or form.

- Impersonating Administration

It is forbidden to impersonate administration or act as law enforcement such as police. This includes tags, username, paintjobs, lights, etc that would indicate you are behaving as an administrator

- Username/Tag

Having inappropriate usernames/tags including those with insults, any with no text, any with swearing in them, names matching administration, law enforcement organizations, any current living or deceased political leader or anything similar. This also includes tags that would indicate that you are a "Forum Mod", "TS3 Admin", "Admin", "Police", "Security" or similar and in any language.

Simple: FOLLOW THE RULES AND BE HAPPY!!

Edited by DiegoLBC1
76561198274653564.png

I do understand why people create a pilot car and goto likes of c-d road and try to play "authority" and traffic control but out of my personal experience when I have visited that road they tend to do more harm than good and sorry if this is blunt but as a normal user what gives you the right to decide which lane is open or closed.......

IGA's are there for a reason and they do their job just fine... They don't block roads or cause congestion...They just simply kick a user that's causing the issue and hopefully it will resolve the situation but as I say it doesn't help that people just log into the game and go straight to that road because its busy..... and the worse thing is... since cars been introduced people abuse it by getting in a car and going to C-D road just to mess about which is a problem that I feel needs sorting.....

Edited by lxl Semper lxl

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

12 minutes ago, xp3rt said:

Hard to be happy when you are stuck in a traffic jam for 30min irl...

1- Report bad drivers, and search other roads options. Or:

2- Press F7 + Enter, go to garage / workshop and make a new route. Or:

3- Save your game, quit the MP, go to SP, fast travel to another location, save game again, go back to MP.

Edited by DiegoLBC1
76561198274653564.png

On 12.3.2017 at 11:30 AM, xp3rt said:

I think you should have a special job called traffic control where you could apply and then get access to police car and paintjob, and when a jam happens we should all be in TS or Discord and talk about how to clear it up and then clearing up, and the drivers would have to listen to us.

It is more efficient to cure the desease instead of fighting the symptoms.

A traffic jam is a symptom.

I think you should have a special job called traffic control where you could apply and then get access to police car and paintjob, and when a jam happens we should all be in TS or Discord and talk about how to clear it up and then clearing up, and the drivers would have to listen to us.

I get the impression that the true purpose of your suggestion is to gain administration rights.

They could also be able to maybe close a road if there is an accident so the guy who had an accident can safely either reverse or transport to service center, cause I noticed that when somebody crashes people just ram him to a point where he cannot even reverse or do anything.

F7 + Enter always works, independent of the vehicles condition.

On 12/03/2017 at 11:20 AM, xp3rt said:

Ok I get it. I didn't think people would not like this, I'm just not gonna help people anymore

It's not a case of not liking the idea, it's more about the fact that you are breaking the rules by blocking the road,it's dangerous and is not legal, yes the jams can be annoying, but by blocking traffic, you are inadvertently causing more harm than good and can get yourself banned.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand what you are saying. I don't believe anyone should be allowed to direct or stop other players unless they are clearly identified as an admin with a full red username and typically in a police car. Just because your pilot car has flashing lights doesn't mean you can control every other player's movement, furthermore, blocking busy routes without admin permission can and will get you banned and even cause more traffic jams and more accidents. 

If you do feel the need to report other players in-game then press tab, left click their username, left click report and select the reason why your reporting.

If you are busy and can not safely report other players then get their MP ID which I think is f7. Make sure you have evidence via screenshot or video then report it using the reporting system on the website.

Thank You

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.