Turn signal light mod

Suggestion Name: Add the small lights + turns signals mod
Suggestion Description: While not necessary, this mod does add another level of immersion to the game.

Any example images20170104224714_1.jpg

755560614_preview_1.gif

Why should it be added? This mod really adds another level of realism to the game, and not to mention it will make your truck a little bit more visible from the sides when you're pulled over (since some people still somehow manage to hit the side of your truck). Not to mention that it doesn't really add anything to the game besides a few extra lights and then the fact that the side lights function as turn signals and hazards, so it's not like people can manage to abuse it somehow.

1 minute ago, JeKnYan said:

TruckersMP don't support third party mods :(, (the only mod being the Scout, it took years to create) but this would be interesting if it were implemented. This could be suggested to SCS to be implemented into the base game.

Imagine the mod in ETS2 and ATS. It would be literal eyegasm. :o

4 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

NO 3RD PARTY MODS WILL BE ADDED! I've lost count of how much posts of players asking about a 3rd party mod they want in the game. It gets the same old response, NO. Could of used the search function, doesn't matter what mod it is, you'll still get the same answer. 

I'm sure the Skoda begs to differ. <_<

And in theory it wouldn't even take all that much to let it through in the workshop mod list so that users could install it themselves (or so common sense would leave you to believe).

2 minutes ago, JeKnYan said:

It took years for it to be developed and implemented, unlikely another third party mod will be implemented

And since this mod already exists, it should in theory just take a little bit for it to be implemented. Again, common sense kind of thing.

What a lot of people fail to understand is that TruckersMP MADE the Skoda/Scout Car to be used on MP.. The reason why we don't add 3rd party mods is because of fairness. If we added someone's mods and not other mods, then there would be some disappointed people. 

To to make it fair to everyone, 3rd party mods are just not put in at all. Wintermod is the only exception because that mod has been used before and is only a limited time mod that everyone enjoys. It also allows for the option to be turned on and off by users without causing any issues to anyone's game. Mods like the mod you have suggested would cause games to crash if there was an option to disable it.

So bacially, no mods will be added.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, peoplecantdrive said:

I'm sure the Skoda begs to differ. <_<

And in theory it wouldn't even take all that much to let it through in the workshop mod list so that users could install it themselves (or so common sense would leave you to believe).

Oh yea, because all you want is for your mod to get added, then you'll be happy. Seriously, if TruckersMP adds this then others will want their mods in the game and when they say no then they'll get all mad because this one got added.

Search function point still stands, if you used that you would have gotten the same answer. Took 1 year for the car to get added, do you really want them to slave away yet again FOR FREE just to add another mod? Then more mods after that?

What some people also fail to realize is that if a bunch of mods get added, you'll never EVER get to play MP again. Why? Well because of the simple fact of, do you know what breaks when the base game gets updated? That's right! MODS. And what will TruckersMP need to do to get MP working again? That's right! Waiting for the mod creators to update the mod then implementing it again. What takes 2 days - 1 week might end up taking 2 weeks and MODS will be to blame. 

I can see this becoming an argument :rolleyes:

While I'd love for this to be added sadly it won't be added as no third party mods will be added to MP. The car was made by the TMP developers specifically for MP and it took over a year (2 years I think) the car is not a mod that was added to MP but a mod one that was made for MP.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

@Trucking Gekco whoa whoa clam down. If this mod was to be considered one of the MP team would recreate this mod shown in the suggestion meaning that it would get updated prior to the next patch i mean how do you think the current mods work. When a new update comes out the current mods dont break the game at all so what makes you think that a simple light mod would wouldn't be able to be updated. (back to the topic) i think this light mod would be a nice addition to the game but dont think they will consider adding it.

signbot (1).gif

I will have to ask of you all to keep it civil. Keep it to a regular discussion and do not make it into an argument.

• Upvote 2

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

1 hour ago, Trucking Gekco said:

Oh yea, because all you want is for your mod to get added, then you'll be happy. Seriously, if TruckersMP adds this then others will want their mods in the game and when they say no then they'll get all mad because this one got added.

Search function point still stands, if you used that you would have gotten the same answer. Took 1 year for the car to get added, do you really want them to slave away yet again FOR FREE just to add another mod? Then more mods after that?

What some people also fail to realize is that if a bunch of mods get added, you'll never EVER get to play MP again. Why? Well because of the simple fact of, do you know what breaks when the base game gets updated? That's right! MODS. And what will TruckersMP need to do to get MP working again? That's right! Waiting for the mod creators to update the mod then implementing it again. What takes 2 days - 1 week might end up taking 2 weeks and MODS will be to blame. 

I AM already happy with how MP is, and like I mentioned in the OP, it would just be nice to see it added.

Edited by flibberdipper
Again! Watch it! Last part was not needed and is just sparking trouble!

@Mr_Pingu I was calm, but you sometimes can't help sending a snippy response whenever the same question or suggestion gets brought up over and over again when all it takes is a quick search. Mods can break the game easily, look at every time the main game gets updated.... The mods always break, you always see some users complaining that their mods are broken in the game forums. Now, how would they even update a mod prior to the game patch when they wouldn't even have the game patch in the first place? They can't, unless SCS gives it to them ahead of time which I don't think they do. I wasn't talking about the MP mod I was talking about the base game. Anyway, 1nYX is right, let's just keep this civil shall we.

The bottom line is there is a very high probability that this will never get added, SP is for modding not MP. If SCS makes their own MP then you might see mods being a thing in MP. And this is still on topic, every single mod that gets added will need to be added to the main downloader. Now, because of the new downloader that really isn't a HUGE deal... Unless you need to completely redownload the entire thing all over again. You could end up with a file size of 5GB, a bit of an over exaggeration but if enough mods got added it could be that big. 

Now OP, something I never mentioned before, but adding a few extra lights on the side of your truck won't stop anyone else from hitting you. In my experience the players who hit you do it on purpose, they won't care if you have extra lights.

On 1/7/2017 at 11:58 PM, Trucking Gekco said:

@Mr_Pingu I was calm, but you sometimes can't help sending a snippy response whenever the same question or suggestion gets brought up over and over again when all it takes is a quick search. Mods can break the game easily, look at every time the main game gets updated.... The mods always break, you always see some users complaining that their mods are broken in the game forums

There's this thing called "person is a longtime member but didn't start using the forum until just recently." Perhaps if you were to take that into consideration you could hold off on twisting thine panties because CLEARLY I wouldn't be aware of something like that. Shocking idea, I know.

17 hours ago, Trucking Gekco said:

@peoplecantdrive, huh, never knew that some users have no clue how to use a search function...... hmmmmm... What ever. 

New or old forum user, everyone should know how to use a search function. 

Sorry for mainly using this on mobile? IPS is nice but it's still trashier than Snooki on a phone.

• 6 months later...

Please use the search function; third-party mod will not be added to the game. This is due to many reasons, mainly concerning the dramatic increase it would have in the size of the download.

Rejected.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.