No more traffic jam on Calais-Duisburg road

antrax737

Suggestion name: no more traffic jam Calais - Duisburg

Suggestion description: my suggestion is not completly close the road, you could let trucks on that road in intervals, 5 (maybe more) trucks every 30 seconds, 2 police cars would be in each end of the road letting 5 trucks at the time on the road. And for guys coming from Rotterdam or Brussel and then using the famous intersection, they would have 30 second to come from motorway to highway, which to me it seems just enough of time. There would be still a lot of overtaking on that road and a lot of traffic, just no more traffic jam.

Why should it be added: to make admins job easier.

I know guys love traffic jam but for admins i'd say its not that easy. So that would be my solution. There would maybe still be traffic jams at each end of the roads, but way smaller than now on Calais- Duisburg.

That sistem could be used at peak hours when there are more admins online.

In real life they are examples of tunnels that use that kind of sistem, instead of police cars there are traffic lights.

Edited by antrax 737

Hi there,

I completely get where your coming from. For me, something like this would be perfect, as I hate traffic with a glowing passion.

On the other hand, you can't completely take away a road due to traffic. Its a Simulator, its meant to be realistic i.e; Traffic etc.. is normal. I admit, the jams there take around 40-50mins from Railway Crossing to junction, which is ridiculous, but taking away a whole road is just not a good idea.

Plus, you say it would make Admins jobs easier. In fact, it wouldn't at all. You would need more than 4 permanent admins there at all times to 'limit trucks though every 30seconds' which would take up most of the Admin resources, on the server at that time.

This suggestion, although could help, is not what needs to happen. It would tie up more of Admins time, and would cause havoc with people complaining, in-game, and on the forums. It just won't work., so a -1 from me.

Highway Ghost

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

I love traffic jams but it overtakers that are a pain! they dont have much patient, and then none of this would of happened 

|| Website || ETS2 Mods || ATS Mods || RLC ||  SnowBall Media || Knowledge Base || ..:: REPORT ::..

TRUCKING , IT IN OUR DNA

LOVE TRUCKING? KEEP ON TRUCKING

RLC_Discord_Avatar-o9dhjsnf9ecgmf2wkzecuhp8gwdqe6siv46rmtzw6o.png.a1b59544b8fc365f74366d259a2c8d22.png

//\\ ELECTRICRADIO //\\

I like the traffic jams- it adds to the realism. Also with what I got from your suggestion is that you want admin's to be there 24/7, and that's immediately impossible.

You can avoid the congestion by taking alternative routes as highlighted in my own thread:

(Although many alternative routes can fill up fast, there is no route without traffic!)

In general this is a plausible suggestion untill you mention letting people from the Rotterdam-Brussels motorway through in intervals. By doing this you will cause a big traffic jam since people that refuse to look for different routes like Brussels - Lille - Calais will keep waiting to join the road.

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

-1 although it could work, an easier solution is to either ban left turns when entering and exiting the Duisburg-Calais road or simply shut down the A1/A16 junction completely and force people to take alternates. 

Having people enter at intervals will still create jams when jams when people need to cross both lanes to go to their destination, so the issue will still persist, also it would still add a lot more work for admins. 

Hello, 

actually is the Traffic Jam giving you the realistic in this game, but its also costs a lot of time and some overtake and arent patient to wait! So this suggestion would be helpful to stop this traffic jam at this point between Calais and Duisburg! ( maybe not completly, but just a way better)! 

+1 

Regards, 

///goshawk_2k15

• 9 months later...

The admins tried closing the C-D road once with police cars and players just rammed the police cars or went around to enter the road or used single player to teleport onto the road so this would not work.  

Please also see Scarface's reply on the topic below

Rejected

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.