Hardcore Server

CapAwsome

Suggestion Name: Hardcore Server
Suggestion Description: We should have a server where all the simulation driving is on, Fuel consumption, speed tickets, equipment failure, no safe zones, no speed limit and etc.

Any example images: nope

Why should it be added?: Would increase the immersion and attract serious mature players only.

ETS2.jpg

As mentioned above, that server would probably not decrease the amount of trolls or attract more mature players in my opinion. And the only real change mentioned in your suggestion is just the no collision zones, but they are necessary for a functional multiplayer experience.

But isn't it realistic enough? You can turn on those spesific settings on by yourself (fuel consumption, fines, air pressure, etc.) and play it as realistic as you want it. And you'll probably find less trolls on EU1 and then also with the realistic speed limiter applied on for everyone. So that might be an option instead of creating a whole new server, or replacing one if you're looking for the most suitable place for realistic and proper driving.

But anyway, it would of course be interesting to maybe have it, but I unfortunately don't see the need or point of it yet.

I don't think there's enough patient drivers in ETS2MP to make such a server work or be as full of traffic as EU2.  And, staying on your toes in EU2 is a way more interesting experience, imo

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

Hi @CapAwsome, I don't think you understand how expensive at least five servers are to run with 2,500 slots for the public for all to use. I'd be for this but it's been rejected before since it would be the next big troll magnet and that's what nobody wants, seriously nobody wants trolls under the bridge at Europoort. :P

I'm sure most people would like this but the cons just outweigh the pros in this situation. Keep smiling though :)!

- Beefy :) 

If my comment helped, Please give a Positive Rating above ↗ ↗ ↗

3 hours ago, CapAwsome said:

Suggestion Description: We should have a server where all the simulation driving is on, Fuel consumption, speed tickets, equipment failure, no safe zones, no speed limit and etc.

Just for info:

Realistic fuel consumption and speed tickets can be toggled on or off by each individual player. I have some doubts bout the EQ failure - i am not sure if the game engine can support such thing. If you mean "safe zones" as "non-collision zones", that ain't possible in MP, because without them the trailers will start flying (some of the older players may remember that)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2016 at 0:31 PM, FirestarteR93 said:

Just for info:

Realistic fuel consumption and speed tickets can be toggled on or off by each individual player. I have some doubts bout the EQ failure - i am not sure if the game engine can support such thing. If you mean "safe zones" as "non-collision zones", that ain't possible in MP, because without them the trailers will start flying (some of the older players may remember that)

I remember that.

The most recent memory I have is when Scandinavia DLC was released.

The MP started support the DLC without safezone

bQKJB0w.png

• 2 weeks later...

Not even EU#1 is so "realistic", speed limits are higher than they should be, no country in Europe allows trucks to do 110 Km/h. Note that you wrote "no speed limits"... I guess this is a mistake, European trucks have speed limiters. And as it has been explained, the NCZ are needed for a simple reason: teleporting. You can teleport to one of your garages or to a repair station, you can pick a quick job and the truck+trailer will spawn directly in the company's ground, without NCZ in those places, if your truck spawns colliding with another truck that was already there, it's chaos. So -1 from me.

2 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

Not even EU#1 is so "realistic", speed limits are higher than they should be, no country in Europe allows trucks to do 110 Km/h. Note that you wrote "no speed limits"... I guess this is a mistake, European trucks have speed limiters. And as it has been explained, the NCZ are needed for a simple reason: teleporting. You can teleport to one of your garages or to a repair station, you can pick a quick job and the truck+trailer will spawn directly in the company's ground, without NCZ in those places, if your truck spawns colliding with another truck that was already there, it's chaos. So -1 from me.

In Roumania it's allowed to drive up to 130km/h on the highway.

• 1 year later...

If you want to play on an almost empty server, you can always use Europe 1 for that purpose. However, there will not be yet another server with even stricter rules.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.