Send players that are parking at EP to Service, instead of banning them.

Penguin

Suggestion Name:
Send players that are parking at EP to Service, instead of banning them.
Suggestion Description:
Instead of kicking/banning players that have parked at EP, Send them to service by using the /tps admin command.

Any example images

N/A

Why should it be added?:
This should be added as instead of the risk of being banned on this game, it allows players to be teleported to service. I do agree that the rule for no parking at EP should still exist, however this will reduce the number of complaints that come into the feedback email as the players who park will not be banned, and should their truck be damaged that they need to go to Service, players are normally banned before they get the chance to do so, with no successful chance of appeal. It also allows people who immediately need to drop something to allow them to do so, as instead of fearing a ban, at worse they will be teleported to Service.
  • Upvote 1

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

I can see where you are coming from but it is a bannable offence to park in EP as it causes problems. In terms of moving them to services, what if they are AFK? Due to this, I do agree with kicking, but if you are banned and you have evidence to send it in you should... -1

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

@Mirrland That's why I suggest to remove Parking at EP as a BANNABLE offence.

What does it achieve? If they're AFK, then the system disconnects users after they are AFK for a certain amount of time.

Banning only causes a disconnect between the users and the admins, of which I feel some admins could do a better job of interacting with the community, rather than lying in wait at EP banning users.

Instead, just send them to service. It solves the congestion at EP, and means that less players have to get banned.

Win-win situation for everyone really.

• Upvote 1

Waddle On!                    

3 minutes ago, Mr_Pingu said:

personally i dont see a problem parking on the grass but that would be a nice thing if it was implemented becuase no everyone recordes what they do and some dont even have a webcam so how can you show in ban appeal for example that you had to go let the cat out or turn off the oven 

My point exactly! :D

P.S. I love your username :P

Waddle On!                    

Rules are rules, break them, you're due a punishment.

Besides, EP is bad enough with trolls and idiots who cant understand simple concepts like sticking to their own lane, no overtaking etc.

Furthermore, any regular driver through that area will tell you that Rotterdam Services are THE WORST place to send people to, there's usually so many people there trying to enter and leave, its just a glitchfest.

All in all, no thanks, if people need to leave for periods of time, they should either park WAY off the road on the grass or DC themselves from the server in a suitable spot and return when ready. if they cant do that, they deserve to get kicked/banned from the server. The rules are clear, if people want to break them, then they deserve the punishment. I mean, its like saying that people who driving oncoming shouldn't get banned, just kicked, even though they are doing something dangerous and can potentially cause mayhem, same with parking at EP, depending on where they park, it can be dangerous and above all else, they can be causing extra lag for people by being parked there.

So no, a big -1 from me to this idea.

@megadethsteve666

OK, So say someone in your family has an accident and you're playing online and you suddenly need to drop it all and look after your family member.

You wouldn't be happy if you returned to find yourself with a ban.

Therefore what I'm suggesting, is just send the players to service OR kick them. But don't ban the players, it's just not fair as then the user can't play for a good while depending on the ban length. If they were kicked or sent to service, then there is no problems on either side

Oh and don't tell me to just appeal it, that just wouldn't work, as there is no evidence to say you had to drop everything quickly.

• Upvote 1

Waddle On!                    

Guys, don't just say "Oh it's the rules, follow them"

This is the SUGGESTIONS forum, which allows me to make a post that asks for a rule to be changed. There is no reason why you can't put your point across, and of course I will respectfully listen to your argument, however please don't just go tough luck, as no change will ever happen if everyone just says: "Oh it's the rules, follow them"

• Upvote 1

Waddle On!                    

Well it literally takes 5 seconds to log out or even less! I'm thinking about those people that have lower-end PC's that have to live with lag through EP, it makes it easier for the people with laggy PC's and even those without that don't have to sit and wait in traffic behind them when there's less people. I would actually call it being lazy if you would to park there if you actually knew the rules.

• Upvote 1

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: 111€ (91€ with sales)
  • Games owned: 17
  • Games not played: 4 (24%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.1h

gamercard.png

@Ztikes I do agree with your point about it taking very short time to log out, however a ban is lasting on your record, so IMO admin's should only use bans when there are no other solutions left. Sending someone to service, or kicking a player instead would be a much less 'final' solution to the problem.

Waddle On!                    

36 minutes ago, Penguinexpert1 said:

@TrademarkGamer  Just because it says in the rules does not mean there cannot be a suggestion to change those rules. -1 for not realising this is the 'Suggestions' Forum, thereby allowing for you guessed it, rule change suggestions! :D

No need to be condescending. I'm simply saying if it aint broke font fix it

Edited by TrademarkGamer
  • Upvote 1

Yes I see your point but I think that by banning people it also teaches most people a lesson to not do the same thing again, okay being kicked might also teach them a lesson BUT I don't think that is enough to get rid of the people parking there sadly.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: 111€ (91€ with sales)
  • Games owned: 17
  • Games not played: 4 (24%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.1h

gamercard.png

1 hour ago, Penguinexpert1 said:

@megadethsteve666

OK, So say someone in your family has an accident and you're playing online and you suddenly need to drop it all and look after your family member.

Therefore what I'm suggesting, is just send the players to service OR kick them. But don't ban the players, it's just not fair as then the user can't play for a good while depending on the ban length. If they were kicked or sent to service, then there is no problems on either side

Oh and don't tell me to just appeal it, that just wouldn't work, as there is no evidence to say you had to drop everything quickly.

It does not take you more than half a minute to stop, hit escape and click exit. in fact, it would take more time to pull off the road and park safely without being in peoples way and causing issues than it would to log out of the game and rejoin when your family member is sorted out.

Look at it this way, what about the reverse side of it, when trolls and idiots park at EP on purpose? how should admins deal with them? kick them? that wouldn't deter them, Move them to a much more congested area such as Rotterdam Services? makes them more happy.

The simple thing is, if you have to go AFK, whether its to attend to something major, or to go get a drink, you should either DC yourself from the game or park somewhere suitable that does not cause issues for others and does not add to the lag.

Here's another point to consider, while an admin is busy having to kick you or move you from where you parked because you couldn't be bothered to exit yourself, accidents can happen, trolls can block roads and things can go to hell in a hand basket, not to mention, why force admins to have to deal with dumb people parking in places they shouldn't, if those people did what was right and Disconnected from the server, its a win win for everyone, admins can get on with sorting out real problems, people don't have to deal with people parking in the way, those parking wont have to worry about getting banned from the game. simple, now this is a better idea than yours, make people Exit the game if they have to park in busy areas such as EP and Rotterdam.

Also, please do not get aggressive just because people do not like your idea, that's the whole point of suggestions, people can agree or disagree with your ideas, at the end of the day its up to the admins to determine if its a needed thing or not.

Also, as @TrademarkGamer  said, if something isn't broke, why bother to fix it? seeing as these rules have been in place a long long time, yet you are the first to really get uptight about them.

20 minutes ago, Penguinexpert1 said:

Quick Save (Scroll Lock key), and Alt+F4 = Solve this case. Don't delay 5 seconds to do this. The admins can't know if you have any emergency or if you're being "troll".

Once the emergency has been solved, just get in Single Player, looking for a safe place to park, make a save, and then enter the Multiplayer. Simple, right?

76561198274653564.png

I do agree with you but it is part of the rules

Inappropriate Parking - Kick / Ban
Parking or stopping in areas of high population for no reason such as Rotterdam Port or anything similar, using the designated car parks is fine (This is fine when there is low traffic in the area). Parking or stopping is always forbidden in No Parking Zones

liked what I wrote? please hit that green up button

TMP logo.jpg

I do see your point, and I am not being aggressive towards users, it's just its common on the suggestion forums that people say "read the rules and that's that"

Rotterdam Services are often congested, is it possible for the admins to choose which services users go to?

"while an admin is busy having to kick you or move you from where you parked because you couldn't be bothered to exit yourself, accidents can happen"

I'm afraid to say, that's the job of the admins to busy themselves kicking people and making sure everything is alright. Admins can't prevent accidents, they can only deal with them once they have occurred. 

"Also, please do not get aggressive just because people do not like your idea, that's the whole point of suggestions, people can agree or disagree with your ideas"

I do apologise if you feel I have been aggressive towards you, I honestly am not trying to make you feel that way, I just feel quite strongly about the idea.

Many Thanks,

Penguin

Waddle On!                    

^the thing you have to remember is this:

Would you rather people use common sense and didn't park in EP or other high traffic areas, leaving the admins to deal with more serious issues like trolls and accidents. or would you rather them spend their time Teleporting lazy drivers off of the side of the road to service stations or having to kick people who are parking there, knowing full well that they would most likely do it again anyway. I know I would rather have admins sorting out the more serious problems that need the time put to them than dealing with idiots and lazy drivers every few minutes.

Also, yes the job of the admins is to keep things running smooth, but us as the community and drivers should ALWAYS help the admins out as best as possible, allowing them to deal with the more important parts of their job instead of kicking people who cant understand the no parking at EP rule.

As a note, its not so much your aggression, more of your attitude towards others and the fact that not everyone supports your idea, that's the whole reason its a suggestion you put your idea out there, others look at it and either say yay or nay or come up with slightly better versions of the idea to make it work better, that's the whole idea here really.

@Penguinexpert1 i understand your point but it doesn't really solve the problem here, as you only move the problem too other location the service area in laggerdam.

so if there was like 100 players parked at EP you have too move them all too service. now imagine what happen at the service area, it will be a mayhem because like always players rush out the area ramming into others, players getting stuck into the ground etc etc.

this would just create more work for us.

@megadethsteve666 I'd rather the admins spent their time teleporting. The reason for this is that there is more than one admin, and if they weren't teleporting the players, they'd be banning them. If they have reports to deal with then normally they will appoint one admin who's job it is to monitor the Europoort.

Of course we should do our best to help the admins, however I feel that if they are not capable to do their job alone, and be able to operate under stressful situations, then maybe they should reconsider being a Game admin, as admins should be able to work under stressful situations. I do understand the admins are volunteers, and I thank them for that, but even if they're volunteers, they should be able to handle responsibility.

Waddle On!                    

@FlyingDutchman I do appreciate this, maybe the admins could consider kicking players instead of banning them prehaps? Of course for repeat offenders a ban is necessary but would you be happy to give kicks instead of bans? Just because it keeps everyone mainly happy :)

Thanks for all you do,

Pen

Waddle On!                    

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.