I'm done with multiplayer

Slippin' Jimmy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SingingTurnip said:

You're not alone mate.

Last night someone drove into the path of my truck during a lag spike, however now that I am banned he has sent evidence that shows me driving into him which is not what I saw on my screen the video carries on to show me turning right because on my screen I saw his trailer across my lane.

im sorry but if you can prove that what you saw on your screen is different to what you were reported to have done, then you can get out of being banned by appealing, what I don't get is that people know about the appeal system, yet dot seem to use it when they feel "wronged" if I had evidence to prove that on my screen the guy lagged into me, but on his I ran into him, id immediately make an appeal against the ban to prove that it wasn't a malicious incident, just something caused by lag, many a time ive seen people lag across the road in front of me and ive taken evasive action only for them to pop away and leave me either in a accident or up an embankment.

Gotta agree with the OP, I've ended up behind him on ATS a few times so can agree he's one of the few decent drivers in multi. I have good and bad days on there, but am getting near the end of my rope as well.

Not that I blame the admins, they're volunteers like so many on here seem to be forgetting and TBH I wonder how they keep putting up with the idiocy. I know that feeling well, as I was a volunteer forum mod for SCS on the ETS2 and ATS hubs for seven months. The weekly death threats and losing an increasingly larger number of my screenshots to assholes that kept getting them pulled for "nudity" where there was none by the automated report system finally pushed me over the edge and I quit. The communities surrounding these two games are hilariously rotten.

I'm not the best driver. But i'm also not the worst. I try my best using Manual and a Keyboard (the keyboard is all i have). But i haven't played since i posted Fails Of The Road #10. But i also get lagged ("Frozen In Time")

OP, i can advise you on so much stuff about this but its your choice.

• You can record for the forum reports.
  • You can also record and make an idiots montage so that we all can see the "new" kinds of things trolls do.
  • You can stick to Single Player and/or get rid of MP.
  • You can move on and forget all of this.
  • You can switch to an empty server and do /players from time to time and switch whenever it exceeds 100.*

My biggest annoyance with the game is not the trolls, its the freeze spikes. Console usually says something like how Poland stuff is in Read Only Mode or how my device has a device overflow. Or how when the mod updated, my game ended up crashing once.

The admins try their best. Report the trolls in game and an admin will get to it. In FOTR #10, i saw a group of trolls who parked their trailers in both lanes surrounding them. It wasn't until after 25 minutes (from when i noticed) that one of the admins banned 1 of the trolls forever. Sometimes the admins are slow but there should be at least 1 admin on, even if the server reaches 30 players.

*Usually when i play after 9pm (EST), Europe 1 usually has under 100 and Europe 2 is practically empty while the population is all on US.

So like i said, its your choice.

On 05/04/2016 at 8:34 PM, megadethsteve666 said:

im sorry but if you can prove that what you saw on your screen is different to what you were reported to have done, then you can get out of being banned by appealing, what I don't get is that people know about the appeal system, yet dot seem to use it when they feel "wronged" if I had evidence to prove that on my screen the guy lagged into me, but on his I ran into him, id immediately make an appeal against the ban to prove that it wasn't a malicious incident, just something caused by lag, many a time ive seen people lag across the road in front of me and ive taken evasive action only for them to pop away and leave me either in a accident or up an embankment.

I did appeal.

All I got back was "Rejected!"

We live and learn.

signature.png

Young gamers trolling and disrespecting other gamers is a sign of the times and reflects society in general. There is only one way to deal with this situation. BRING BACK NATIONAL SERVICE.....and stop the young people listening to rock and roll while sniffing their glue....it wasn't like this in my day, I can tell you. :D

Why not implement a strict three strike policy? For example, your first strike would result in a week long ban, your second would result in a month long ban and your final strike would result in a permanent ban. 

Then at the beginning of each year members who have 1 or 2 strikes would be "forgiven" and have their strikes removed.

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎01 at 9:27 PM, edwardteach said:

Sorry but I can't take the idiots who don't have the first damn clue about driving a truck.  Pulling out in front of you, swerving into you, passing on corners or hills, ramming, trolling the edges of non-collision zones.  All in the space of less than 10 min.  I'm done.

Yeah report them you say.  Well if I were to do that, I wouldn't ever get any actual driving done.  Like I said, I'm DONE.

I've had I believe 3 people banned to date for reasons such as this. Instead of reporting In-game, you can submit pictures and/or videos on the truckersmp website. Just make sure their user names are viewable and you also catch in a video/photo their player info. Yes it takes time but you can help sort the bad weeds one at a time.

1 hour ago, zerodegrees536 said:

I've had I believe 3 people banned to date for reasons such as this. Instead of reporting In-game, you can submit pictures and/or videos on the truckersmp website. Just make sure their user names are viewable and you also catch in a video/photo their player info. Yes it takes time but you can help sort the bad weeds one at a time.

^ This. In-game reporting is a bit...well I don't want to say useless but it just isn't as effective as using the main page. 

I met a troll who blocked and rammed me, ect, I recorded all 3 minutes of his abuse, and when he rammed someone and got stuck, I was finally able to get by and pull over to report him in game. Very easy to use feature but I drove another hour online before signing off and was disappointed to see he wasn't even kicked. 

However I filed a report on the main site with my video attached and within a few hours said troll was banned for a week. So yes use the report feature on the site. Its just as easy to use as the in-game report system but much more effective at getting the trolls the bans they so obviously want. 

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

^^ The thing is that when you report in-game, there has to be at least an admin connected in that same server, with free time to teleport to your location and see what's happening. If one of the IGA comes and sees nothing wrong, they can't take actions against the troll. That's why I don't use it most of the time. It's only useful for "foul" names or tags, the offence goes recorded within the report. For everything else, web reporting is the real deal. More time consuming, you need to record, get the player's info, edit your video, upload it, etc. But in my experience, 100% of the web reports I made turned out into bans for the offenders.

just had it again as well having one of those trolls ramming me due lack of distance keeping and excessive speeding causing me a 110K External Job and 140K in repairs as the crash caused a 40% damage on the trailer. See this to many times and those Kids dont havea clue about driving at all not to mention driving a truck. Why dont they just play a racing sim or crash sim where they can do that instead of bothering the good drivers who want to enjoy a good mp session - hope iof the dont have Drivers Lioscense that the never ever get one really driving like that.

8 hours ago, -Dan- said:

^You seem to not understand,I only do it when others troll me

And if people ever would have recorded me on ATSMP,you would see that I probably drive much better than you

two wrongs don't make a right, just because someone rams you, doesn't entitle you to go and troll them, if you get caught doing so, YOU are the one being banned, not the actual troll end of, im seriously surprised you haven't been banned for this already!

When I encounter a troll, I record, screenshot, restart my truck, put it in gear and drive on, if the trailer is ruined, F6 Enter and get a new one, no need to get yourself banned because of some idiot.

17 hours ago, NeoPyro said:

Why not implement a strict three strike policy? For example, your first strike would result in a week long ban, your second would result in a month long ban and your final strike would result in a permanent ban. 

Then at the beginning of each year members who have 1 or 2 strikes would be "forgiven" and have their strikes removed.

there is a type of "strike" system already in place, the more bans you get, the worse your punishment will be until perma ban, the system you are talking about, if admins can clear it up, is already used anyway.

7 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

two wrongs don't make a right, just because someone rams you, doesn't entitle you to go and troll them, if you get caught doing so, YOU are the one being banned, not the actual troll end of, im seriously surprised you haven't been banned for this already!

When I encounter a troll, I record, screenshot, restart my truck, put it in gear and drive on, if the trailer is ruined, F6 Enter and get a new one, no need to get yourself banned because of some idiot.

I am sort of an "internet warrior" if I can say so..If one pisses me off ig,I will try and get him pissed too

So far I was actually punished once in ATS for a payback like this,fun part is I asked the admin for help,but somehow only noticed that guy being blocked by me

First Post but go to start some where i guess. :D

I agree it is frustrating with new people that don't have a clue on how to drive, how ever we have to start somewhere. So i would propose that we setup a sort of driving school on the servers that you ave to pass first before being allowed to join the open world?

Just an idea so please dont hate too much :)

Peace

^^ I'm sorry, but that has been suggested before and didn't get to anywhere. There are people that don't know how to drive, true, but the real problem are the trolls. And even if a system like that was put in place, everyone can take the time to learn in SP, pass the tests and then become a pain in the *** when playing MP in the open servers.

36 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

I am sort of an "internet warrior" if I can say so..If one pisses me off ig,I will try and get him pissed too

So far I was actually punished once in ATS for a payback like this,fun part is I asked the admin for help,but somehow only noticed that guy being blocked by me

Was that the ban given to you after a day? That must've set the scene.

Also, why you use profanities in post? :(

2 hours ago, -Dan- said:

the problem is, retaliation gets you nothing but punishment for yourself because admins can only go off of what they see and what is presented in evidence to them , if you were seen to be blocking someone, no matter if they are a troll or not, you can get punished because you are the one causing a dangerous hazard on the road by blocking, doesn't matter if you were the innocent victim of a troll or not, youre the one causing the issue the admin can see, that's why I said, its better to just record and drive on that it is to retaliate and risk being banned yourself, true, ive had my fair share of run ins with trolls and a few of them I have hit back, but I don't sit causing issues for other drivers and I always make sure I have evidence that shows them hitting me, I don't personally follow someone only to ram them, that's just childish and stupid, if they cut in front of me and brake check, then ill hit them because they deserve to be rammed off the road then, plus it doesn't really damage my trailer that much hitting them like that, but it isn't right to go and block or ram a troll, its what they want you to do after all.

note: using terms like pissed etc can be seen as offensive or a profanity.

5 hours ago, -Dan- said:

Trust me no matter how hard you try you aren't going to make them mad they want you to lose your cool and do something irrational so you wind up getting punished. That is the whole point of trolling.

Archived