What Is The Best Game Recorder?

Happy Rogue

FRAPS, DXTORY

I used fraps for convenience, but I found DXTORY. 

DXTORY, won't lag your game as much as fraps it will take about 5-10 fps. Fraps will take half so you can see why DXTORY is better and both record in HD so they are both equally as good. DXTORY, Looks hard to use but it really isn't that hard.

Any more questions don't be afraid to PM ME!

a0Tswhw.jpg

tumblr_mqi6iwn0FQ1s3jp5fo3_500.gif

Depending on what features I need, I range from using Shadow Play, to Open Broadcaster Software, to DXTory. As for editing, the Adobe CC Suite all the way :)

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

I personally stream with OBS and record with Fraps, but i think it all depends on a persons pc specs and what it can handle.

76561197981245742.png

i7 6700k @ 4.6Ghz / Be Quiet 280mm AIO / GTX 1080 / 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM (@3200mhz) / EVGA G2 750W PSU / Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD / 2 x 2 TB HDD / Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Case

I stream with OBS, it is simple and easy to get used to straight away, for recording though I use Dxtory, I find that it is quite confusing at first however the different things and settings you can choose especially the multiple sound inputs are amazing.

Is Adobe première pro cc Free?

Nope. Premiere Pro is not free. It is apart of the CC Package. A monthly subscription pay, and you get access to all Adobe Products for free.

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

If you have Nvidia, I can only recommend Shadowplay. Using both Manual and Auto options, so I can record manually and I can anytime save last 20 minutes thanks to Auto feature in it.

The AMD equivilent is available in the AMD Gaming Evolved application, it supports high bit-rate and high frame-rate recording as long as you have the storage required to save it.

If you have Nvidia, I can only recommend Shadowplay. Using both Manual and Auto options, so I can record manually and I can anytime save last 20 minutes thanks to Auto feature in it.

I just found out my 640 is unsupported right now (possibly for ever, pushy sales gimmick...)

I'm using OBS now over Fraps because i dont see lag issues... but i hit record but it never did... seems a little finicky at times (or i just hit the wrong key)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

egg-roll: Shadowplay requires a dedicated h264 encoder/decoder, probably 640 doesn't have that.

It doesnt... i bought the 640 actually to play via my shield but i either was misinformed or misread the details... The 640 is running on a older chip platform compared to most GPU's 650+ i think

Kepler should have it but mine does not... GTX is cheap enough to buy which is apparently needed...

Confusing part is Experience states a GTX card is needed but their site states GTX 650 or higher lol so which is it... but the cheapest decent crap or be fored to buy a $150 product...

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Wow! So many recording software, i've been using fraps since...2011. It may not be the best but its super simple! F9 to start, F9 to stop

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

z_siteimages%5Cimg_2074_1395921187_826_2

4601768346.png

• 2 weeks later...

MSI Afterburner. Is mainly a GPU overclock monitoring/overclock tool, but has a video capture/FPS module attached, and is free.

Great feature of the vid capture is you can buffer (user set to how much time you want to buffer.. I run with 30 seconds which is only 400MB worth, either to HDD or RAM) the recording until something happens.. hit another key and you get the lead up to the incident recorded. Very handy in a game like this or where action is unpredicable in long play sessions.

Archived